Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I like the Harris pick. She's smart, exacting, and was great in the hearings. Plus, I think if Biden is going to be the voice of moderation and calm, having a capable prosecutor at his side is really smart.

On top of which, there's no way Trump will be able to resist the desire to insult and dog whistle. That will ensure that everyone remembers what they hate most about the man.

My only concern with Harris is her political instincts. I mean she flamed out of the primaries so fast for a reason. Just a lot of really dumb **** like killing any momentum she had by being all over the place on health care trying to please everyone. 

That said, she's clearly smart and tough and riding with Biden is sure to sharpen her skills. I think there's a lot of growth potential on that front (unlike with Warren who I also think is a horrible politician) so I'm looking forward to it. 

48 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'd like to see Biden and Harris be the focus from here on out.  

I’d prefer to just hear stories about her for a few weeks. It’s not like there’s anything intelligent coming from the other ticket to spare over. 

I don’t know much about her because I didn’t even follow the primaries closely. The truth was it didn’t matter who won, I was/am voting against trump no matter what. 

Id curb expectations that Kamala is going to automatically perform well on the debate stage against Pence. She isn't a natural politician or public speaker while Pence has decades of experience.

She instantly loses all her strength and credibility when she's pressed or trying to scramble for an answer. Her performance in the Dem debates dropped sharply as the questions got harder and the race tighter.

If she doesn't crack then she might be bulletproof against the GOP media machine. 

4 minutes ago, Mooka said:

She instantly loses all her strength and credibility when she's pressed or trying to scramble for an answer. Her performance in the Dem debates dropped sharply as the questions got harder and the race tighter.

If she doesn't crack then she might be bulletproof against the GOP media machine. 

I suspect it’s harder for a democratic moderate to carve out space in a field loaded with moderates, than it is to take shots at a frowning Christian store mannequin in a MAGA hat.

23 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

My only concern with Harris is her political instincts. I mean she flamed out of the primaries so fast for a reason. Just a lot of really dumb **** like killing any momentum she had by being all over the place on health care trying to please everyone. 

That said, she's clearly smart and tough and riding with Biden is sure to sharpen her skills. I think there's a lot of growth potential on that front (unlike with Warren who I also think is a horrible politician) so I'm looking forward to it. 

Harris is going to promote the Democrat Party Platform. The time to promote her own views is over, for now. 

29 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Id curb expectations that Kamala is going to automatically perform well on the debate stage against Pence. She isn't a natural politician or public speaker while Pence has decades of experience.

She doesn't need to be yet.  She's a damn good prosecutor, and that will get her through the VP debate.  Biden will set the agenda so she doesnt have to set it herself for now, plenty of time for her to work on her weaknesses as a politician. Not worried at all.

They have no message but fear and no greater desire than to create a theocratic state governed by white men. It’s a damn shame that there are enough dumb people in this country to keep the GOP viable. This is a party that would not exist in any other developed nation.

Archived