Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Sorry, I guess, that politicians give a lot of thought to decisions,* but don't lay all of that out in public?

This is silliness. 

In the midsts of all the social justice stuff he announced he was going to pick a female president. 

it really wasn’t hard to understand why he said it when he said it. No one really disagreed with what that was about. 

fast forward a bit and you’re clinging to this idea that it wasn’t about taking the temperature of the room, but instead was about a methodical process that just so happened to result in a list of only women and that the flaw here was simply not disclosing the full decision process? Come on. 

just be glad he didn’t paint himself into a smaller corner by saying something like it will be a black woman. 

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

This is silliness. 

In the midsts of all the social justice stuff he announced he was going to pick a female president. 

it really wasn’t hard to understand why he said it when he said it. No one really disagreed with what that was about. 

fast forward a bit and you’re clinging to this idea that it wasn’t about taking the temperature of the room, but instead was about a methodical process that just so happened to result in a list of only women and that the flaw here was simply not disclosing the full decision process? Come on. 

just be glad he didn’t paint himself into a smaller corner by saying something like it will be a black woman. 

Jesus, at least get some basic facts straight.  🤦‍♂️  The "social justice stuff" was ignited by the killing of George Floyd.  That happened on May 25, 2020.

Biden announced he'd pick a female VP on March 15.  

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Jesus, at least get some basic facts straight.  The "social justice stuff" was ignited by the killing of George Floyd.  That happened on May 25, 2020.

Biden announced he'd pick a female VP on March 15.  

it’s been going on for a while in general. And the entire primary had the vibe the entire time. It was even part of debate questions and some big interviews. 

hell the 2016 dem platform has “its time for a woman” as part of its foundation. She picked a place with a glass ceiling to announce her acceptance 😂

none of this started may 2020. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

it’s been going on for a while in general. And the entire primary had the vibe the entire time. It was even part of debate questions and some big interviews. 

hell the 2016 dem platform has “its time for a woman” as part of its foundation. She picked a place with a glass ceiling to announce her acceptance 😂

none of this started may 2020. 

LOL.  I'll respond using your earlier post:  "it’s not what was said and you’re just throwing a possible theory out there with nothing to back it. That’s all. " :)

Come on y'all...

The correct way to do things is to make a pick based on content of character, competence, and behavior. However, that correct way is also bending or being diluted by the historical under-representation of women and darker skinned women specifically for this particular political cycle.

Now, there is a nuance that is being missed in this cycle, when it comes to the fact that white men are seemingly being excluded from the VP pick. Some people react to this as a kind of racism and it can be construed in that way, but they are missing a greater point. White men are not being excluded because of their skin color, they are being excluded in this go around, because they have been over-represented in previous picks due to a negative bias towards other groups. It is a compound issue that is not just about skin color alone for them.

Women in the past were excluded from positions of power because of sexism and racism that ascribed to the belief that their gender or skin color made them inferior.

In the present white men are being excluded from a single position of power because of over-representation.

The first one is a wrong and the second one is an over-correction.

Tshile is right in the fact that some Democrats **** up MLK's dream with over-corrections, but we also must acknowledge that most self-described Republicans **** up MLK's dream with Racism (and Tshile has acknowledged this before). Two wrongs do not make a right, even if one of the wrongs is a much lesser shade of wrong and has good intentions behind it.

The next evolution will be designing policy that correctly threads the needle of enforcing evaluations based on merit and character rather than swings between prejudice and over-correction.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I would like if Biden announced his cabinet ahead of time and, since he said its going to be an accurate reflection of America, I think it should have some white male conservatives on there. I don’t see why you can’t have a Romney or a Kasich on there. Probably the biggest issue during his presidency is going to be the divisiveness within our country.

Treasury needs to be Warren

I think legally, he can't do that. I think it was mentioned before.

Found an article from May: 

For Biden, Naming Cabinet Before Election Would Be a Big Risk

The legal concern mentioned in that article:

>>In addition, some legal experts have wondered whether announcing Cabinet picks might violate campaign finance laws because a presidential candidate could be viewed as offering someone a prominent position within the White House in exchange for their political support – effectively, a bribe.<<<

Females are a greater percentage of the population in than males. 

As a female listening to this non-sense about not considering men (specifically white men, for heaven's sake)for the VP slot, it's the stupidest thing that I've heard in a long time. Any woman on the list is a huge upgrade over Trump's entire administration. 

Let's discuss real issues instead of pique over excluding men from consideration. 

"Would never support Joe Biden" basically translates to "would never support a democrat" and that is fine because I would never support a GOP candidate in the current iteration of what that party has become, I just don't think this has much to do with Biden himself and more just tribalism.  Hillary was another story. 

46th President and His Cabinet-- The Return of Competence

For any talk on Biden's potential cabinet, I created a thread for that.  Hopefully, that will become the Biden and his cabinet thread and not get shelved for 4 years.

If I were Pence, I wouldn't sleep comfortably.  Now, that Biden has made his choice; the Trump campaign is going to watch to see if Joe gets a bounce from the choice.  If he does; Trump may consider a change.  No, he probably wouldn't pick a women but I could see Trump switch Pence for a Black or Hispanic Republican to counteract Joe's choice.

55 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Females are a greater percentage of the population in than males. 

As a female listening to this non-sense about not considering men (specifically white men, for heaven's sake)for the VP slot, it's the stupidest thing that I've heard in a long time. Any woman on the list is a huge upgrade over Trump's entire administration. 

Let's discuss real issues instead of pique over excluding men from consideration. 

Your shtick is so boring and full of ****. 

You’ve made countless posts over time indicating that you have no problem exercising bigotry against people that don’t fit into your little group. your opinion is tainted by your hatred for many groups of people. 

im glad you find the discussion stupid. I wouldn’t want to be involved with what you seem to think is worthy of your consideration. 

we’re better off every day as people like you lose more power over society. You may not be part of the white man bigotry but you’re cut from the same clothe and believe the same things, you just point in the other direction. It’s just a sick and bad. 

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

However, that correct way is also bending or being diluted by the historical under-representation of women and darker skinned women specifically for this particular political cycle.

Yes. I acknowledged it twice though not specifically the way you did. I absolutely realize that’s a thing. 

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This argument falls apart because you cannot name a single white guy that realistically deserved consideration.  If there was one, then I would agree with you.  But there really aren't any, so it makes sense that Biden would say so far in advance.  In addition, where the person that won the nomination is an old white guy, it makes a lot of sense to add someone that doesn't fit the same description to the ticket, especially when the driving force behind your candidacy is not older white men, it's women and people of color.  God forbid you give your voters what they want. :)

I'd say Jay Inslee and Michael Bennett would have been solid picks on the VP top 10 list. To a lesser degree, Newsom would qualify too (apart from the recent covid-19 blowback). I'd even put one of my favs, Joe Kennedy as a young gun VP pick.

That said, I have absolutely no problem with Biden focusing solely on choosing a woman as a running mate. It's past due for this country. 

Archived