Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

10 minutes ago, techboy said:

Those are the ones that had the error sending them to Fairfax City instead of Fairfax. Mine has an extraneous Jr in my name for some reason too. Best to double-check before using.

Techboy Junior Junior is an awesome name. I'd keep it.

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I applied directly to the elections office in my county to make sure it's legit. I have to apply every year for a mail in ballot. It's easy for me because I'm over 65, one of the few qualifiers in Texas.

Marvel at how silly that concept is. You have to apply every year for a mailed ballot? Good lord. Why are we so determined to limit voting options?

37 minutes ago, techboy said:

Those are the ones that had the error sending them to Fairfax City instead of Fairfax. Mine has an extraneous Jr in my name for some reason too. Best to double-check before using.

Here's the story.  https://www.tysonsreporter.com/2020/08/06/election-officials-beware-center-for-voter-information-mailing/

I know a lot of different organizations do this type of thing to get as many people (that are likely to vote their way) to vote as possible, by making it is as easy for them as possible (by prefilling forms and affixing postage and basically eliminating things that could be hurdles to even the laziest of humans).  Here is another example: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article244810572.html

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

While a powerpoint deck would be tremendous, I was thinking that someone (especially someone like AOC or Beto) could basically produce a short film.  

There needs to be something from the Lincoln Project.

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Techboy Junior Junior is an awesome name. I'd keep it.

Marvel at how silly that concept is. You have to apply every year for a mailed ballot? Good lord. Why are we so determined to limit voting options?

Texas, Republican controlled state, voter suppression. I'm hoping that the Blue Wave enacts some federal laws against voter suppression tactics with prison time and loss of voting rights for those convicted. Make it hurt!

Edited to add: a big fat fine too.

1 hour ago, techboy said:

26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Here's the story.  https://www.tysonsreporter.com/2020/08/06/election-officials-beware-center-for-voter-information-mailing/

I know a lot of different organizations do this type of thing to get as many people (that are likely to vote their way) to vote as possible, by making it is as easy for them as possible (by prefilling forms and affixing postage and basically eliminating things that could be hurdles to even the laziest of humans).  Here is another example: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article244810572.html

I'm in the City of Falls Church, not Fairfax.  I went to check the address and found this blurb on the city's website:

Many City of Falls Church voters have recently received a letter in the mail from the Center for Voter Information with a Vote at Home "Ballot Request Form." The Registrar of Voters has confirmed this a legitimate non-profit third party and the applications are not a scam. However, the Virginia Department of Elections encourages voters to use their official online Citizen Portal to request a Vote-By-Mail Ballot. 

So, I think I'll just make the request online.

1 hour ago, techboy said:

Solid thinking, historically speaking, but going cheap is how you lose elections. Take it from someone that actually IS on Mount Rushmore:

Wasn't bribery, it was gentlemanly condescension.  Back then you had to host your supporters during elections, and you were expected to demonstrate you had the means to do so as a kind of argument for your superiority.  Elections were raucous and celebratory and sounded like much more fun than standing in line at an elementary school for two hours.  I wonder how many people won office on the strength of having a large quantity of good home brewed whiskey to offer.

45 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I love it and have been wanting him to do this. Put out a dream team. 

Pete for State, Harris for AG, Warren for Treasury...jus have 'em all together like the Avengers or something. 

Hell, give them an over excessive anime like intro since @PleaseBlitz wants videos at the convention instead.

Have Fox News breaking down like...

"They can't so that. They aren't allowed to do that..."

tenor (40).gif

Archived