Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

Virginia has a bunch of ballots mailed out where the return envelope had the address for the wrong elections office, due to lack of understanding of independent cities and such by the nonprofit doing it 

so that’s awesome. 

I expect to receive numerous 'mail-in vote' letters in the US mail over the next several months that look damn close to the real thing with a barely readable footnote* that says it's not. 

*Not a legal ballot for the presidential election. 

10 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I expect to receive numerous 'mail-in vote' letters in the US mail over the next several months that look damn close to the real thing with a barely readable footnote* that says it's not. 

*Not a legal ballot for the presidential election. 

Jesus... I didn’t even think about that. But you’re absolutely right. Think of the same thing that happened with the first round of covid stimulus :(

our entire countries culture is broken. That shouldn’t be allowed or even considered as something you could do. 

44 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Why is a nonprofit doing these things for the VA Department of Elections?

Can’t answer that. Don’t even know the extent to which they were involved. This was the opening of the article I read

A misunderstanding of the state’s independent cities and counties apparently led a nonprofit voter registration group to mail 587,638 absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters that asked them to send the ballot back to the wrong election office

doesn’t make sense to me either. But I have zero understanding of how all that works and such 

maybe because the va budget doesn’t allow for it and this is an attempt to do good? It certainly doesn’t seem intentional. I think they were trying to help and just made a mistake. A mistake that is awful because of what it might mean for voter confusion :(

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

Can’t answer that. Don’t even know the extent to which they were involved. This was the opening of the article I read

doesn’t make sense to me either. But I have zero understanding of how all that works and such 

maybe because the va budget doesn’t allow for it and this is an attempt to do good? It certainly doesn’t seem intentional. I think they were trying to help and just made a mistake. A mistake that is awful because of what it might mean for voter confusion :(

I dont get the part that says...

apparently led a nonprofit voter registration group to mail 587,638 absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters that asked them to send the ballot back to the wrong election office

Is the concern over the application to vote absentee or the actual absentee ballot, because that sentence conflated the two (as I read it).

Thats said, I really hate anyone other than the local/state governments doing anything with official ballots.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Per PSA, After the Trump campaign pulled their ads for like a week, they came back and are hitting early voting states with Biden attack ads focusing on higher taxes, anti-police, pro immigration stances. 

this is a serious mistake as Biden has wasted this time by not introducing himself and his positions to the voters. Now he runs the risk of letting Trump define him when he had ample opportunity to do that before Trump even tied his shoes

Yeah my fear is after getting out to a big lead in the polls, the Dems are going into prevent defense mode.  There's still to much time on the clock to start giving Trump easy completions over the middle.  

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Is the concern over the application to vote absentee or the actual absentee ballot, because that sentence conflated the two (as I read it).

Yeah same here. I guess the first time I read it as ballots and now I’m reading it as applications. 

so, less of an issue if it’s just applications, but still an issue in the confusing voters aspect 

This non-profit organization mailed out forms that if returned would request a ballot. We got them in Loudoun with the correct return address, but apparently in Fairfax County the return address was for Fairfax City rather than Fairfax County. They said they would work to get the returned applications to the right address.

It’s a relatively complex notice and I wasn’t clear at first if it was a ballot or an application for a ballot.

Given all the talk about fraud and vote suppression, I can understand if people are annoyed, if not worse.

1 hour ago, drowland said:

Yeah my fear is after getting out to a big lead in the polls, the Dems are going into prevent defense mode.  There's still to much time on the clock to start giving Trump easy completions over the middle.  

I’m in a swing state and there are tons of Biden ads.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I may be wrong but I heard Biden just made the biggest political ad buy ever. 

Edit. Yep. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-campaign-2020-largest-political-ad-buy-presidential-candidate/

Thanks for the link. I hope Biden doesn't speak exclusively to the two topics mentioned. Dems/Biden need to stress health care over and over again. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Thanks for the link. I hope Biden doesn't speak exclusively to the two topics mentioned. Dems/Biden need to stress health care over and over again. 

I agree, but I think Biden has like a dozen winning issues. 1A being “Im not a sociopath”

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I agree, but I think Biden has like a dozen winning issues. 1A being “Im not a sociopath”

I want them to run an ad on that. It would be great. 

Biden: "Donald Trump is a sociopath."

Narrator: Explain what a sociopath is with Trump clips. 

Biden: I'm not a sociopath. 

Vote Biden/Harris

We aren't Sociopaths

End of Ad. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I want them to run an ad on that. It would be great. 

Biden: "Donald Trump is a sociopath."

Narrator: Explain what a sociopath is with Trump clips. 

Biden: I'm not a sociopath. 

End of Ad. 

I feel like with the Biden /Obama videos they used to make and his latest ad “people want to know about my vetting process” (pulls up in vette and talks about cars) he has this type of humor in him for an ad like this 

Archived