Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

5 hours ago, Die Hard said:

It worked well because of Kamala. Because it's inferred that as a multi-racial female..... she innately espouses progressive values. And since Joe is a 'puppet' who is likely to die in his term..... she'd inevitably take over.

You forgot "feeble minded", too.  

2 hours ago, bearrock said:

With respect to Cal Cunningham, I only followed the NC race in passing.  Question for those more knowledgeable about NC politics, was it only that close to begin with thanks to Cunningham or could it have been a Dem pick up if the candidate was someone who could keep it in their pants?

Cunningham had a very good shot of winning had he not had the scandal. I’ve been pining for Anthony Foxx to make a run for senate here. Ex Charlotte mayor, ex Transportation Secretary under Obama, and a genuinely good, and bright, person. I haven’t seen him since he left for DC, so I don’t know what his future plans are, but I understand he is working for Lyft in some capacity. 

Burr’s seat is up in 22’, and I’m hoping Dems can ride a positive Biden wave to capture that seat. I will no longer be here then, I will be in SC, making Lady G’s tenure as uncomfortable as possible, I hope.

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

What exactly is Trump expecting SCOTUS to do? Literally ORDER half a dozen states to delete hundreds of thousands of votes because Trump doesn't like that they weren't for him?

That's essentially crowning a king.

Would some states refuse to do so?

Trump, the R's and all of the Supremes who are willing to put Party above integrity are smart enough to cherry pick a set of rules which, after the fact, can be determined to be just barely enough ballots thrown out to flip things.  

If, say, throwing out mail-in ballots that arrived after ED will do it, then magically that will be the fair and just way to throw things out.  And flipping the state will simply and coincidentally be the surprising result.  

If it takes throwing out the ones that arrived on or after Election Day, then what do you know, that will be the obvious clear intent of the writers of the Constitution.  

That's why they had to wait till after the counts, to complain.  They had to figure out which ballots to demand be thrown out.  

And that was the plan from the outset.  That's why they began advising Trump voters to vote on election day instead of mailing in.  So that after the election, they would have stacks of ballots with labels on them like "Mail in, received 11/5", and they would know which piles would just happen to favor which Party.  It's why Trump and Mitch and others were laying the seed for throwing ballots out, a month before the election.  

It's why they sent observers to the Wisconsin election, months ago.  To study techniques for disenfranchisement.  

It's disturbing and scary to think that a country that once fought to end fascism and dictator-lead nations, is now staring down the barrel of becoming the very thing they fought against.  The longer this goes on it only becomes more clear this is not a fight against the left or right.  This is a fight for the very democracy we established.  Lincoln must be rolling in his grave as the party that holds his name, goes about doing exactly what he warned against in the destruction of democracy.  To see so many that are either blind to it, or even worse, see it but choose to ignore it to profit in any sense is truly disheartening.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

I watched the pompeo quote finally

it was clearly a joke

the Media is wound too tight 

cnn should be embarassed of their coverage of it at this point but of course they’re not. 

Everything involving this administration is a joke until it's not.

I don’t know if it fits Biden’s peace love and healing agenda, but if he doesn’t purge the government of Trump loyalists as quickly as possible, he’s going to regret it.  He needs to fire them first, hire qualified people, and then dare to look into why certain republicans were so into undercutting intel agencies.

Kamala was a prosecutor, give it to her and get out of her way.  Peace follows justice.

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

I hope AOC has the ability to reflect on what she is doing. People had a bigger problem with her timing and the divisive nature of some of her comments. People also had problems with the moderate wing making comments but they aren't big time like AOC so people are gonna pay less attention to them. 

Having said that, there seems to be broad consensus that the Dems are doing a terrible job in some states at the local level. I know that is definitely the case in NC. Oh, Cal Cunningham can go **** himself. He is universally hated now in NC. 

What was divisive? I agree with her that democrats spend too much time on their candidates and not enough time on their electorate.

It's been awhile since an incumbent lost.  Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush elder... last one.  

I would think the political appointees would flee for new jobs beyond January at this point.  I would bet all the ones with Washington smarts already jumped anyway.  With Trump unless you are a loyalist ... they prolly already jumped. 

The thread about Defense, FBI, CIA corruption is scary as eff...

10 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I step away for a few days and we go from Biden winning to a coup before I can even get back.

So far looks like all bluster and no actual real attempts at changing anything substantive, but I am concerned about where this goes as we approach December 14.

Agreed. They're talking a big game, a dangerously big one that will have consequences.  But in terms of action, I think they're bluffing/blustering, making themselves appear hard for their base. But they're not hard, they're just used to getting what they want. Didn't get it this time, so they go with what they know: Stupidity, full steam ahead.

Basically,  talk to me in 4-6 weeks.

Biden up to 14,149 in Georgia and down to 13,510 in Arizona

https://alex.github.io/nyt-2020-election-scraper/battleground-state-changes.html#

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I watched the pompeo quote finally

it was clearly a joke

the Media is wound too tight 

cnn should be embarassed of their coverage of it at this point but of course they’re not. 

Alternative view: the Secretary of State of the United States should be embarrassed and resign for making a joke about Trump continuing as president in a coup against the will of the people while playing into the narrative put out by the president and many of his supporters and aides.   

Dangerous words in dangerous times have dangerous consequences.  

Archived