Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I think Trump will spend the next 4 years Tweeting derision at both Democrats and any remaining vestiges within the GOP that don't show fealty to him, even though he is no longer President.  Hopefully it will tear the GOP apart.  

And boomers will continue to die and the voting population will continue to become more diverse.

29 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’ll accept horrible person or stupid. They can choose which one I don’t care. 

Or they're just Republican. 

Have family like that. Some voted third party (or so they say) because they dislike Trump but Biden is too much for them.

"They're all idiots" is a common refrain, but they don't seem to know what else to do. 

The Republican Party has gone in one direction, while they have actually gone in another but they're like frogs in water heating to the boiling point. They don't seem to notice change till it kills them.

33 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Of course it goes both ways, doesnt somehow make it okay for one versus the other. I guess we just say **** it and despise each other, trash each other, and never try to reach out and change. Lets enjoy this **** sandwich we have all created together because its the other sides fault. Future looks bright, Im out.

having a working relationship between two people, or two groups,  that have fundamental views that are in conflict or opposing, requires both sides be engage each other honestly and with good faith 

Generally we call this “being an adult”

one side has refused to do it. 

the other side has made ample attempts and been shut down time and time again. 

sorry, this isn’t a “two sides acting the same”. This is one side becoming fed up with the others sides petulant bull****. 

-signed guy that used to vote Republican and generally hates the democrats platform and complains about them here constantly, but does required the republicans figure out how to be basic adults before giving a **** what they think or want again. 

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Pete has that "it" factor, to me he's hands down the most talented future candidate in the Dem party, it just depends if the Dems are ok backing another white guy.

I think the white guy plays a factor but he's another one where the far left has a grudge against him because of some random purity test they feel he fails. Add in the fact that he's openly gay and I think he'd have a more difficult time getting the votes but I'd love to be surprised. He's obviously extremely intelligent and a great communicator.

8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I could see these cult members giving Ivanka or Don Jr. (if he can avoid a coke overdose) a legitimate run as a candidate in four years.

Neither has the charisma their -- alleged -- Dad has. He's a cult leader. They don't have it in 'em. 

1 minute ago, youngestson said:

Or they're just Republican. 

Have family like that. Some voted third party (or so they say) because they dislikes Trump but Biden is too much for them.

"They're all idiots" is a common refrain, but they don't seem to know what else to do. 

The Republican Party has gone in one direction, while they have actually gone in another but they're like frogs in water heating to the boiling point. They don't seem to notice change till it kills them.

I used to think that. But we’re past that. 

they cheer on destruction of institutions with no merit. They are attracted to obvious misinformation campaigns like moths to flame. They don’t care about anyone who isn’t in their demo. And they clearly don’t give a **** about what’s right in the sense of democracy, they only care about getting their way. 

I know plenty of them too. Sorry but there isn’t much else to explain it all at this point. I give the 2016 voters a pass. Not now. 

And by stupid I mean in the sense of politics. I know plenty of smart people that when it comes to politics their brain appears to stop functioning for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I think the white guy plays a factor but he's another one where the far left has a grudge against him because of some random purity test they feel he fails. Add in the fact that he's openly gay and I think he'd have a more difficult time getting the votes but I'd love to be surprised. He's obviously extremely intelligent and a great communicator.

Left would be smart to put an end to purity tests and to realize Twitter isn't the real world.

Just now, purbeast said:

I had absolutely no clue that Pete dude was gay until just now.

That's exactly what I think will happen with people around the country who aren't as dialed in.

It will be one of those weird dinner table conversations where someones says they really like that Pete guy and then they find out he's gay and their brain starts to melt.

@MisterPinstripe I take issues with trying to use the "both sides" argument in regards to the current state of the country. There is a large segment of the population who don't accept provable facts and completely refuse to acknowledge anything that challenges their worldview. Frankly, I'm done trying to treat them like we're still all just Americans who have slightly different opinions on why John McCain has a better plan for America than Obama or whatever. 

Just now, JSSkinz said:

That's exactly what I think will happen with people around the country who aren't as dialed in.

It will be one of those weird dinner table conversations where someones says they really like that Pete guy and then they find out he's gay and their brain starts to melt.

Doesn't bother me at all or anything.  I just didn't know.  I don't know much about him other than videos people post of him in here.  Seems like an awesome dude and unlike Trump, he actually does seem to tell it like it is.

I'd vote for a gay dude 100%.  I went to my cousin's gay wedding up in Provincetown a couple years ago. 

It was fabulous!

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Getting a little concerned about AZ. ABC just pulled their Biden call. Looks like there are a ton of uncounted votes from R registered voters. Might be close

People celebrating way too early. Might need Pennsylvania after all

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Is Arizona a lock at this point? I see AP called it for Biden, but CNN and a few others haven't. I see a lot of Maricopa vote left to be count, but that's a heavily blue area.

Quick back of the napkin math

2.7 mil votes, representing 86%.  Approximately 430K remaining.  Margin at 95K, trump needs about 262.5K to close (61%).  AZ announced that pending counts are early votes that has been received or dropped off on election day, much of that from Maricopa and Pima.

Given the Dem dominance in early votes and Dem lean of Maricopa and Pima, it appears unlikely that Trump will close the gap.  But I think some outlets want to see those numbers just to make sure.

AZ said they will announce the next batch of numbers at 9-10PM.

Archived