Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

That blurb doesn't do the post justice, you have to read the whole thing to get the full effect. https://wifewithapurpose.com/2017/08/13/charlottesville-may-have-redefined-womens-roles-in-the-alt-right/

Creepy as hell, it's like an excerpt from a prequel to The Handmaid's Tale. 

What must she really think of herself?  That's beyond creepy

18 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Graphic language. Vice embeds with white supremacists in Charlottesville. That many sides comment just looks even dumber when you actually pay attention to these guys. There's no way to watch and not be angry.

I can't help but laugh. "I'm carrying a pistol and I'm going to the gym so I can be more violent, but it's those other guys that are savages." 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Graphic language. Vice embeds with white supremacists in Charlottesville. That many sides comment just looks even dumber when you actually pay attention to these guys. There's no way to watch and not be angry.

Thanks for posting that.  It's chilling to see them talk about their movement and its aims.  I'm impressed by that reporter.  She was in some scary places with some crazy people and managed to stay medium.    

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Anyone who says these people need to be ignored is either a fool or a sympathizer. 

This is a domestic terror movement within our borders.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

And it's ugly as hell too! Would love if this was taken down but it's private property. I wish TN would block it's view at least.

I watched something on this "statue" not too long ago, and from what I recall, the flags were put up to try and block the view.  I gather that the effort was unsuccessful. 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I watched something on this "statue" not too long ago, and from what I recall, the flags were put up to try and block the view.  I gather that the effort was unsuccessful. 

If that was the case then it is very unsuccessful. The flags draw you in more!

24 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

If that was the case then it is very unsuccessful. The flags draw you in more!

That's what I thought, thanks for the validation.  <trying to remember what it was I watched is pointless in these days, and at this age...maybe Vice?>  I'm sure it's out there somewhere...like our country's moral compass seems to be.  :taz:

How many members would anyone guess are part of 'Unite the Right/neo-nazi/white supremist'? My guess would be very low. Frankly, the videos lead me to think there were under a 1000 protesters there (complete speculation, but I doubt anywhere even close). But one of the leaders stated it was the largest nationalist gathering in 2 decades. Pretty pathetic to some extent.

I don't downplay the significance of domestic terrorism, but these guys are clowns. 

However, watching the videos, the counter-protestors really need to look in the mirror. I understand the anger and frustration in being discriminated against, but the clashes were violent. Further, I don't know how it could have been avoided other than just not being there. 

I know for certain I would have implored my children NEVER to go to this crap show to protest. Post a video, write a letter of discontent, post on insta-chat. Never argue with a fool. When the protestors are aligning with 2 sides that lost the war, hard to heavily recruit IMO. 'Hey, remember the Nazis and the Confederates... Yea, they got their ass kicked... well we're bringing them back'. Good luck

Edited by Bonez3
  • Like 1

Also, I'm on the side of non-engagement.  If a bunch of Nazis showed up in Charlottesville and nobody was there for them to fight/drive cars into, it would have been a one day thing.  "Hey, look at these dumb****s throwing up Nazi signs, what a bunch of unfortunate virgin losers."  Everyone would have had a shake of the head and a chuckle, that would have been it.  Now, everyone in the country is very focused on these people, which (1) gives them a voice to recruit more and (2) attention is exactly what they want; a lack of attention (from society, women, their parents, employers, etc) is what made them join this stupid club in the first place. 

• Like 3

@PleaseBlitz

I completely agree with you, my point exactly... These losers probably mortgaged their trailers just to make the trip. These movements usually will die on the vine. Let them do their march, leave on Sunday and remove the statue on Monday. Everybody goes home happy and those idiots accomplished nothing. 

Multiple videos of violence by the counter protestors were seen. Even when the leader was at the lectern and they bumrushed the mics.

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Also, I'm on the side of non-engagement.  If a bunch of Nazis showed up in Charlottesville and nobody was there for them to fight/drive cars into, it would have been a one day thing.  "Hey, look at these dumb****s throwing up Nazi signs, what a bunch of unfortunate virgin losers."  Everyone would have had a shake of the head and a chuckle, that would have been it.  Now, everyone in the country is very focused on these people, which (1) gives them a voice to recruit more and (2) attention is exactly what they want; a lack of attention (from society, women, their parents, employers, etc) is what made them join this stupid club in the first place. 

Agree 100% with this.  

Any one with an inkling of feeling this way now knows there are people out there that feel like them and they can join the club.  Not good.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Maybe, but the other thing history shows is that when good people turn a blind eye these movements grow in power, vigor, and atrocity. We've seen that all over the world and throughout the decades and centuries.

You say nothing would happen, but this year alone we've had mosques set on fire, synagogues attacked, Holocaust museums vandalized. Dozens of people attacked and some killed. Turning a blind eye can also embolden or encourage. 

Yes, you don't want to give them a megaphone, but you also can't give them free rein or let them think that people agree with them, won't stand up to them, or are afraid of them. The violence we saw in Charlottesville was not the first incident this year. It was not a standalone event.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Agree 100% with this.  

Any one with an inkling of feeling this way now knows there are people out there that feel like them and they can join the club.  Not good.

Funny story...last week I walked past a woman in a full (and I mean FULL, as in "just eye slits cut out for vision") burka in the store.  While I hadn't actually ever seen one and that close up, it still did not make me do a double-take, call police or even hurry to finish my shopping.    *She was in the health/beauty dept, so there's that.*  She's got her deal, I've got mine.

Just an anecdotal thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Nsfw language but funny as hell.

The amusing thing about this is 20 years ago Michael Rappaport played the character of a college neo-Nazi in the movie Higher Learning...the exact same kind of character he's denouncing in this video. I'm sure he had to do some research for the role so he's well-versed in their pathetic ways.

• Like 2

This isn't the first time, though, that the bad guys have been able to manipulate the good (I'm thinking specifically of the KKK riot in DC in '82. Our side looked bad on that one).

Seems to me the answer is to schedule your counter-demonstration on a separate day from the one the bad guys have picked.

26 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

@PleaseBlitz

I completely agree with you, my point exactly... These losers probably mortgaged their trailers just to make the trip. These movements usually will die on the vine. Let them do their march, leave on Sunday and remove the statue on Monday. Everybody goes home happy and those idiots accomplished nothing. 

Multiple videos of violence by the counter protestors were seen. Even when the leader was at the lectern and they bumrushed the mics.

But they are not dying on the vine, they have been simmering ever since the Civil War.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barney B said:

This isn't the first time, though, that the bad guys have been able to manipulate the good (I'm thinking specifically of the KKK riot in DC in '82. Our side looked bad on that one).

Seems to me the answer is to schedule your counter-demonstration on a separate day from the one the bad guys have picked.

Like the Women's March, that made it world-wide?  Btw, ours was far more successful...we've got the "pics or it didn't happen" **** handled. 

Bigly.  :D

• Like 1

Yea, no. While I get the non-violence thing and not showing up and even agree with you, you have to be more realistic. You cant expect everyone to agree with that. Especially if they have had run ins with these people in the past and especially if they are on their door step. The people that live in that city shouldnt stand for it. What happens when you let them have the streets for a few days and then flyers for the next one start showing up? No you have to let it be known this wont be easy. Someone has to be the blunt force. Thats all those jackasses understand. 

And like was mentioned previously, history shows what happens when you sit back and watch it happen. Nothing good has ever come from good people not standing up. You cant name me a time in history that sitting back and watching evil happen has had a positive outcome. You have to stop it. 

What should have happened was the police and the city stopping this madness before it started. 

• Like 2