Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:
Violence from many sides but more so from them leftist. Obviously they would have ran people over too if they weren't so concerned about vehicle emissions.

Couple of hours ago, I explained to a resident what I knew about the protests.  (Not much.  including telling him that I had read reports that some guy intentionelly drove his car into a group of protesters, but that I didn't even know which "side" he was on, yet.)  

An hour or two later, when I checked on him again, he immediately told me that you know, the guy who did that might have been paid to do that, to make the President look bad."  

(Note.  I really doubt that he even knew which side the terrorist was on, yet.  I didn't know, when I explained it to him.  And all he had watched, in the intervening hour or two, were old TV westerns.  I'm pretty sure that he wasn't Fox-programmed to that conclusion, in the intervening hours.  He came up with it on his own.  (After no doubt being programmed.))  

• Like 3

Dude losing his job I totally support.  The other guy being expelled I'm not so sure about.  There does need to be a line somewhere where you should be protected for expressing your opinions, no matter how wrong they are.  Now if he was involved in the violence, that is a different story.  But if he was JUST speaking, I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Also, isn't UNLV a public school?  I'd be interested in the legalities of them expelling him vs the 1st amendment.  I think a private school would be different but I'm no lawyer either.

Dude with the 82nd hat, I wonder if he really is a Vet.  Hats are easy to come by.

• Like 1

I thought that too, Buzz..  and if he BOUGHT the hat,, well jeez,, what a complete tool.

the 82nd ought to hunt that ****er down and drag him out into the street.

A complete traitor, to his country, and his brothers in arms, and especially to every single one that died fighting against what he believes in.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

img_2751-jpg.35635

Not an entirely bad point.  But there's some serious exaggeration going on, here, too.  

This protest is not the Holocaust.  

There's some obvious similarities.  Like this group choosing to be publicly seen endorsing the Holocaust.  But the fact that one of the two murdered millions of people, and the other one hasn't, isn't just a trivial distinction.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Not an entirely bad point.  But there's some serious exaggeration going on, here, too.  

There's some obvious similarities.  Like this group choosing to be publicly seen endorsing the Holocaust.  but the fact that one of the two murdered millions of people, and the other one hasn't, isn't just a trivial distinction.  

"Holocaust" is perfectly synonymous with Hitler's rise to power and the "master race" rhetoric that fueled it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

No, but we are in the early stages of watching a vulnerable group be radicalized. I'm not even sure if it's the early stages anymore actually. It's been going on for years and we let it happen, never thinking it could get to this point. Now it's ramping up and harder to stop and it looks to me like nobody's going to do anything about it.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

I see a lot of great, thoughtful posts in this thread. 

The first amendment is our blessing and curse.  People have the right to gather in protest for the most vile, awful, and terrible reasons.  But we have to protect that right, or else we could lose the ability protest other things.

I'm actual not entirely sure counter-protests are the way to oppose the movement.  Because "they win" if you engage them.  Even if you counter protest in peace, they're willing to be violent, and pull you into violence. Let's be honest, the Nazis were never known for their passive acceptance.  

So, the real question is, how do you, in a meaningful way, protest this?

Heres my suggestion: actually 2: 1) get super educated on GOP and Democratic primaries.  Primary elections are going to be critical for the mid-terms. Primaries can move the parties to the middle. This is the biggest hammer we have to take back the country.  Get involved.  Donate money, support reasonable candidates, vote, and encourage all your friends/colleagues to vote. 

2) resist the urge to get pulled into a bar fight with an idiot.  Because no matter what happens, you lose.

• Like 5

There's a Virginia Flaggers Rally in Richmond on Sept. 16th. I'm not gonna link to their ****. It's being talked about on the RVA Reddit. This is their effort at pushback to only a discussion of planned compromise as far as "contextualizing" the statues. There's a commission here that has just begun to explore and discuss solutions/options. The first public hearing about it was last week, and unsurprisingly turned into a real **** show, with lots of non-residents coming to let their views be known, as I understand. It could get ugly here if these Nazi ****s come streaming in, which I think they will in some amount. Hopefully it'll get shut down, given what just happened. I imagine they'll have the National Guard activated and ready beforehand. They should. I have faith in our mayor to be on top of this, and I'll be supporting what he advises. 

Edited by SoulSkin

What's interesting to me, is how in the years following WWII we have made that a story of conquering Nazism and supremacy and so on.

At least the way I learned it, the US didn't even know that was happening. Soldiers liberating concentration camps and being shocked to find it was even going on. 

We entered the war go help allies. Nazism was alive and strong in America then. It wasn't why we fought and it never died after we won; it just his it's ugly head and waited for moments like this. 

My parents are Mexican immigrants. Every day I see less and less difference between the country they filed and the country I grew up in. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I see a lot of great, thoughtful posts in this thread. 

The first amendment is our blessing and curse.  People have the right to gather in protest for the most vile, awful, and terrible reasons.  But we have to protect that right, or else we could lose the ability protest other things.

I'm actual not entirely sure counter-protests are the way to oppose the movement.  Because "they win" if you engage them.  Even if you counter protest in peace, they're willing to be violent, and pull you into violence. Let's be honest, the Nazis were never known for their passive acceptance.  

So, the real question is, how do you, in a meaningful way, protest this?

Heres my suggestion: actually 2: 1) get super educated on GOP and Democratic primaries.  Primary elections are going to be critical for the mid-terms. Primaries can move the parties to the middle. This is the biggest hammer we have to take back the country.  Get involved.  Donate money, support reasonable candidates, vote, and encourage all your friends/colleagues to vote. 

2) resist the urge to get pulled into a bar fight with an idiot.  Because no matter what happens, you lose.

Disagree. You need to confront it every step of the way. All of us. Anywhere we see it. Family, friends, coworkers, neighbors, random guy, you see some Nazi **** you make their life uncomfortable. Step on their throats and don't let your foot up. This isn't 1920's Germany or 1950's Jim Crow. This is the digital age. You ignore it, it'll just continue to grow online, from the safe space of online anonymity. You need to keep it there and address it there but don't give it any room to breathe offline. 

And these clowns only know one language. That's power. It's obvious at this point that the government isn't good to assert its. So we as people need to assert ours. Any means necessary. The stakes are too high. 

And sorry if this is an inconvenience to comfortable living for the Go Mediums. Reality is a **** sometimes. Go hard or don't go at all. 

Anyway... 

eum529f3thfz.jpg

I ****ing love dudes motorcycle helmet. A true soldier. 

PS The Nazi's won in Germany not because they pulled the Left into violence. It's because the Left split itself between the Social Democrats and the Communists. I kept talking about Otto Wels and Ernst Thalman during the election but the Butthurters didn't want to listen. This is on you too. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, mistertim said:

Does the WH really think they need the neo-nazis and white supremacists THAT much that they can never ever denounce them by name? Is this just Bannon's alt-right racism kicking into ultra-high gear and advising Trump that he must never do so or he'll literally lose everything, including his gold plated toilets? Or is this by now just a pure reflex action by Trump? He's so used to never denouncing white supremacists that it is just habit? Or has he actually gotten to the point where he's said this stuff and played to them for so long that, even though he didn't actually give two ****s about their beliefs at first, he is actually starting to feel like one of them now and truly believe his own rhetoric?

I actually think the vote is more significant than people give it credit for.  And I dont mean that in the sense of people that would ever march in such a rally, or identify or claim the movement. These folks that were out there in Charlottesville are fringe nuts.

But there's a lot of people undercover sympathetic to white people not being in charge anymore.  And you dont have to condone violence to wanna support a guy that wants to keep the status quo.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

The WH is pulling "well what about the other side though" defense to shift blame from ****ing Nazis. I'm at the point where I'm done with human that had a hand in getting them elected. 

This is ****ing ridiculous 

It's moving over to Fox as well.

HEGSETH: You can call that out, and then -- but still also listen, say, on Black Lives Matter, to the grievances of young African-American males in urban cores who feel like they are looked at differently by police. That discussion still should be had. Just like young white men who feel like, “Hey, I'm treated differently in this country than I feel like I should have. I've become a second-class citizen. None of it -- they tell me I have white privilege.” None of that justifies racial preferences or violence at all. But there's always a grievance underneath it that it's worth talking about. And we should never live in such a politically correct culture that we can't at least have a conversation. There's a reason those people were out there. Some of it is outright racism and needs to be condemned. A lot of it, though, is I feel like my country is slipping away and just because I talk about nationalism -- not white nationalism -- doesn't mean I'm talking in code that I'm a racist.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2017/08/13/fox-friends-sunday-defends-white-supremacist-charlottesville-protesters-there-s-reason-those-people/217602

• Like 1

Everything that needs to be pointed out, has been.

When he wants to focus on a person, group or company. He does it with laser focus. When he wants to avoid mentioning someone, he comes off lame and flaccid. The Nazi-Confederate wannabes aren't going to get the same focus as a Department Store that stops selling his daughters' handbags. So, they don't want to mention anyone by name. Unless they are (enter countless examples here).

• Like 4