Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

We should be treating members of these white supremacist groups especially the violent ones the same way we would treat members or supporters of ISIS.  They are a far greater threat than ISIS is to us here.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 10

In response to his latest campaign ad over in the other thread, I am reposting this newspaper article that was published in Feb. 2016 about Trump's father's arrest in NYC at KKK demonstration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/28/in-1927-donald-trumps-father-was-arrested-after-a-klan-riot-in-queens/?utm_term=.0175681c7f48

His sympathizer roots go way back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

What's interesting to me, is how in the years following WWII we have made that a story of conquering Nazism and supremacy and so on.

At least the way I learned it, the US didn't even know that was happening. Soldiers liberating concentration camps and being shocked to find it was even going on. 

We entered the war go help allies. Nazism was alive and strong in America then. It wasn't why we fought and it never died after we won; it just his it's ugly head and waited for moments like this. 

My parents are Mexican immigrants. Every day I see less and less difference between the country they filed and the country I grew up in. 

There was real support for the nazis, including direct support from US industry.

Something our greatest generation people often leave out.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Equating BLM and Antifa with Neo-Nazis and Neo-Confederates was the obvious move by the right. Obviously it's dumb and any sensible person can understand that but that's never stopped them from attempting whataboutism.

They had already tied violence to the left prior to yesterday.  Antifa is openly violent, so that was already established, but I think people are forgetting James Hodgkinson and Micah Johnson.  The right sees both of those as examples of left wing violence.  

The adult part of me worries about a situation where both the right and left see each other increasingly as killers and we each have violent groups eager to fight each other in the streets.  This isn't a good situation, especially if police are content to just let the two sides have it out like they did in Charlottesville.  

My inner child however, enjoys seeing nazi catch a beating.  I was glued to the tv yesterday.  Something really satisfying about seeing a grown man dressed up for a cosplay race war getting kicked in the face.  

Edit: I want to be clear in saying that none of this is to say the sides are equally bad.  They're not, obviously.  It's a little sad that in 2017 we even have to say that Nazi are not "just as bad" as Antifa.  For **** sakes it the damned nazi we're talking about, there are few if any imaginable options that are just as bad.  I'm not even mentioning BLM in that because comparing them to these other groups is disrespectful to BLM.  

Edited by Destino
  • Like 3

Now is the time for every decent white American to prove he or she loves this country by actively speaking out against the scourge this bigotocracy represents. If such heinous behavior is met by white silence, it will only cement the perception that as long as most white folk are not immediately at risk, then all is relatively well. Yet nothing could be further from the truth, and nothing could more clearly declare the moral bankruptcy of our country.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/12/opinion/charlottesville-and-the-bigotocracy.html?ref=opinion

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

The more I think about yesterday the more infuriating and inexplicable the actions of police seem to be.  Who made the decision to just let these groups fight it out?  Whoever that is needs to be named and, if possible, fired.  

It's interesting that Friday night through mid morning Saturday there was essentially nothing.

In a short time it then went from some police showing up, to the usual riot geared police we see, national Guard, and a state of emergency declared.

If I had to guess, the governor got wind of what was going on and made some phone calls.

It seems, to me, there was quite a bit of incompetence from local leadership. This thing started Friday night...

Just disgusting behavior from the protestors. They came dressed for battle and knew they were going to get counter protested. Nazi/KKK/white nationalism is all the same thing and it has no place in this country. I feel like we've stepped back as a country because of these people. What's worse is the reaction of the local police. Just goes to show that outside of Nova, Virginia is still very much a deep south state. White Nationalists=White Supremacists. Sick of seeing them try to spin out of the overt racism.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I wish people would leave each other alone. I don't care what your views are just don't bother others. That goes for every single group on earth.

Their views are built on actively hating and not wanting a large part of this country to even exist. They want us to die. To not be here. Whether a person of color or a race traitor who loves a person of color. By nature it is impossible for them to remain silent. And as Americans it's impossible for us to not respond. 

The time to rub our hands and be wishy washy is over. Pick a side. Stand for something. 

Anyway... 

u3c0d9bl9ffz.png

• Like 1

Can we just find of list of who all is a part of any hate group, arrest them on terrorism and drop them in the middle of isis territory.  Let them kill each other off.

and then just bomb them all of course.

Edited by steve09ru

40 minutes ago, tshile said:

There was real support for the nazis, including direct support from US industry.

Something our greatest generation people often leave out.

And that should surprise no one. It's not like the KKK didn't exist prior to WWII. There were plenty of Americans who agreed with that philosophy before they even knew who Hitler was. 

• Like 1