Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

51 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Counter protest beat the living snot out of a reporter last night here in Richmond. Because hate solves hate......

sidenote: I was discussing this with my girlfriend being that I was history minor with focus on war and American history. So the ficus has been on Lee. Lee was a general who was considered one of the most brilliant of his time. He would not fight VA because it was his home.  He did own slaves but they were treated well and he released them actually. He did not support the war or cause but he'd be a traitor to his state by joining the union. On the flip let's take another famous Virginian. Thomas Jefferson. Raped his slaves and they were treated horrible in general yet he's remembered for starting uva and such. What we hear so much is the great things Jefferson did. All we here about Lee is he's a traitor and scum. I wonder if Lee would have picked VA again if he knew he'd be viewed this way now. He probably thought back then he was doing the right thing picking his home.

10000 people marched last night and 1 guy (a photojournalist) ended up with 4 stitches...Any and every Redskins home game has that and more X20.  We will find the guy that did it and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

As far as Lee goes...understand this.  The Civil War was basically the wealthy 1% plantation owners rounding up all the poor white folks and conscripting them under penalty of death (the mildly wealthy could buy their way out) to go and eat lead in the trenches of Gettysburg.  Because the plantation owners didn't care to pay wages to their workforce.  And they knew that slavery wouldnt last much longer...they sent 300,000 of their own best and brightest to the grave and tore the country apart just so they could get their money right and flee to Brazil.  And then they assassinated Lincoln on the way out.

The Confederacy is the most evil, destructive and murderous organization that has ever existed on American soil.  Lee was a huge part of that and bears deep responsibility for the deaths of over 500,000 men.  He was a traitor by any and every definition of the word.  

And you can take Thomas Jefferson's name out your mouth any time, traitor.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

The starts with us. It starts on the streets and starts with us confronting this and snuffing it out by any means necessary. L

Agreed. A lot of people who have nothing to fear from white supremacist groups can chalk this away and lecture others to "ignore this".

No. Absolutely not. We see all over Europe that fascists are growing hugely in numbers. 

Greece has neo-Nazis winning elections in good chunks of the country. France had a white nationalist party essentially take over the right wing of the country. White nationalists triggered Brexit. White nationalists are in power in Poland and Hungry. 

The guy who gave the alt-right a platform and essentially fueled its rise is one of the Presidents closest advisors. 

For a lot of us, our livelihood is at stake if this movement goes unchecked. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I want RichmondRedskins *history minor* expertise to sanitize more evil ****s of the past. This could be a fun excercise. 

Looking forward to the story about the Nazi concentration camp guard who was very caring and always let parents see their kids right before taking them to the gas chambers.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

How nice of Lee to treat *his slaves well* and fight for an army that wanted to continue the enslavement of black Americans and split the union.

Its 2017 and people still want to sanitize confederates. Losers.

Again easy for us to say that now. Remember that back then slaves were a way of life. Even before US it was in other countries. North had them for long time. They also didn't help current or former slaves.  The govt had to step in as you remember.  Lee never approved of the war. Very easy to call general out for picking his home over his country when you didn't have make that choice. This war was family against family. Please open your eyes a bit and see things were not so simple. Half the damn problem with this violence is extremists groups on both sides of statue discussions not willing to step back and the others side. Neither dude has to agree with what the other believes but there can be respect there. As far as things like statues I mean. As far as race issues as was stated earlier hate breeds hate. Believe or not the worst racism encounters I had was when I lived in nova.  Richmond is actually not bad in that regard. In nova in school I encountered many blacks who hated whites. I ended up in fights where my black friends would jump in to break it up. Hell I got jumped from behind by a black dude who nailed me with some kind of club and one of my black buds was passing by jumped in. One of my gf was Bulgarian which is dark skin. I got horrible glares and comments as did she up there. Honestly you don't see it in richmond. I think VCU being so big and diverse is one of the big reasons.  You see so many interracial couples. My gf is Asian. Most here give very little thought about the statues actually. We got much bigger things to address.

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Looking forward to the story about the Nazi concentration camp guard who was very caring and always let parents see their kids right before taking them to the gas chambers.

This is good. 

Someone do Genghis Khan next. Sanitize that rapey warlord.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, zoony said:

A couple of thoughts, i find it interesting that a lot of these white supremicasts are from places like Berkely and Reno.  Second, I think these morons got the attention they wanted.  The oldest trick in the book from marginalized groups who have nothing to lose.  Wish the counter protestors hadnt taken their bait

29 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

that is the dirty secret about the election. Jeb and Fannie from podunkville weren't the only group to get Trump elected.

It was also Bill and Karen who shop at Whole Foods.

Trump got 4.2 million votes in California. How is it surprising that one (or several) douchebag(s) in Berkeley is/are a white supremacist fan? Also, HRC only won Washoe County (where Reno is) by about 1.25%. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

sidenote:  He did own slaves but they were treated well and he released them actually. He did not support the war or cause but he'd be a traitor to his state by joining the union. On the flip let's take another famous Virginian. Thomas Jefferson. Raped his slaves and they were treated horrible in general yet he's remembered for starting uva and such. What we hear so much is the great things Jefferson did. All we here about Lee is he's a traitor and scum. I wonder if Lee would have picked VA again if he knew he'd be viewed this way now. He probably thought back then he was doing the right thing picking his home.

there is no such thing as a well treated slave

anytime you want to make that argument, don't. people might think you are an idiot

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is good. 

Someone do Genghis Khan next. Sanitize that rapey warlord.

Dude do you even know how many thousands of women across Asia were blessed to have Khan's children?!?! Inserting his superior DNA into gene pool helped make this world what it is today. 

This is fun.

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Again easy for us to say that now. Remember that back then slaves were a way of life. Even before US it was in other countries. North had them for long time. They also didn't help current or former slaves.  The govt had to step in as you remember.  Lee never approved of the war. Very easy to call general out for picking his home over his country when you didn't have make that choice. This war was family against family. Please open your eyes a bit and see things were not so simple. Half the damn problem with this violence is extremists groups on both sides of statue discussions not willing to step back and the others side. Neither dude has to agree with what the other believes but there can be respect there. As far as things like statues I mean. As far as race issues as was stated earlier hate breeds hate. Believe or not the worst racism encounters I had was when I lived in nova.  Richmond is actually not bad in that regard. In nova in school I encountered many blacks who hated whites. I ended up in fights where my black friends would jump in to break it up. Hell I got jumped from behind by a black dude who nailed me with some kind of club and one of my black buds was passing by jumped in. One of my gf was Bulgarian which is dark skin. I got horrible glares and comments as did she up there. Honestly you don't see it in richmond. I think VCU being so big and diverse is one of the big reasons.  You see so many interracial couples. My gf is Asian. Most here give very little thought about the statues actually. We got much bigger things to address.

FFS, IT WAS SLAVERY!

• Like 2

Just now, No Excuses said:

Agreed. A lot of people who have nothing to fear from white supremacist groups can chalk this away and lecture others to "ignore this".

No. Absolutely not. We see all over Europe that fascists are growing hugely in numbers. 

Greece has neo-Nazis winning elections in good chunks of the country. France had a white nationalist party essentially take over the right wing of the country. White nationalists triggered Brexit. White nationalists are in power in Poland and Hungry. 

The guy who gave the alt-right a platform and essentially fueled its rise is one of the Presidents closest advisors. 

For a lot of us, our livelihood is at stake if this movement goes unchecked. 

That's what I was trying to tell my colleague at the office. I'm a person of color working for an LGBTQIA+ magazine in a pretty conservative part of Pennsylvania. If these fascists gain traction (and an area like this would be easy picking for them), my ass is on the line. The life of my family and friends are on the line, especially those who are even more active in anti-fascist activity. 

You gotta snuff this out where it starts - on the streets and in your communities. Sometimes that means punching Nazis but it more often means engaging young, impressionable people and making sure they know the "others" (i.e. black people, Latinx folks, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, people who practice other religions than the dominant religion, etc.) are not their enemy and folks who tell them otherwise are a greater threat to them, their safety, and their sustained happiness.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I want RichmondRedskins *history minor* expertise to sanitize more evil ****s of the past. This could be a fun excercise. 

Really? Again understanding history. Don't start with that ****. No one is gonna justify truly evil and dark sides of history. You can  ****ing open your brain a bit and understand the situations. Neither side was a angel in the civil war era. The North was not some savior. Both sides were absolutely ****ed up. God forbid we actually look at things from different perspectives. Not putting ourselves in other shoes is how you get ****ing morons driving a car into innocent people Or some  wacko cutting a reporters head open over a ****ing statue

25 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Was talking to one of my colleagues about this when I got to the office. There's a belief that if you "just ignore it, it will go away" and perhaps there are times when this is true. 

I don't think dealing with fascism is one of those times.

Best example can be found overseas. When fascists like Oswald Mosley tried to build support for fascism in Great Britain (and it was something he tried to do for decades), working people rose up en masse to oppose him and his supporters - so much so that they had an all out brawl with Mosley and the police when they tried to march on a predominantly Jewish neighborhood on Cable Street in London in 1936. Anti-fascists of all stripes - yes, this was an "Antifa" counter-demonstration - came out and drove those fascists back into the depths from which they came. 

The starts with us. It starts on the streets and starts with us confronting this and snuffing it out by any means necessary. Charlottsville is just the latest in a long line of Anti-Fascists getting the job done.

I know everyone wants to say violence isnt the right answer, and be peaceful. But these neo-nazis and confederacy sympathizers are the violent ones and have always been that. Their rhetoric is extermination and killing people. What other option do we have except punching them in the face from time to time?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Really? Again understanding history. Don't start with that ****. No one is gonna justify truly evil and dark sides of history. You can  ****ing open your brain a bit and understand the situations. Neither side was a angel in the civil war era. The North was not some savior. Both sides were absolutely ****ed up. God forbid we actually look at things from different perspectives. Not putting ourselves in other shoes is how you get ****ing morons driving a car into innocent people Or some  wacko cutting a reporters head open over a ****ing statue

The North killed evil ****s who wanted to enslave people like me. I'm ok with my choice to  support the group that defended our union and fought to abolish slavery. 

But please tell us more about how nice Robert E Lee was to his slaves. Did he give them wine and cheese after brutally working them in the heat all day?

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

sidenote: I was discussing this with my girlfriend being that I was history minor with focus on war and American history. 

Just stop right there bruh. 

You blew my mind already with this history minor in American history. 

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

There is nobody on this forum that knows less about history than you.  You are a collection of pro-slavery/pro-racism talking points and nothing more.  

A drone.  

A dirt farmer in a trench in Gettysburg waiting on a cannonball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

FFS, IT WAS SLAVERY!

Again easy fir us to say how horrible it was now. For most of the country for many years it was a way of life. The difference is the north advanced faster than the South. Trust me I get exactly what you are saying and yes it was terrible but we're talking about a time when this was considered normal.  Bsck then no one in the North or South thought about how messed up slavery was. The North was able to phase it out because of it relying on factories and machinery. The South was still plantations. That's why the North was better prepared for war.