Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

then he went and pulled the "extremist on both sides"

i'm leaving before i get banned

Sigh. There are extremists on both sides. The actions in Charlottesville were reprehensible. Being that's I spend a fair amount there with my girlfriend to visit the wineries it was stunning to watch a car plow down people on a street we regularly visit going to the marketplace.

47 minutes ago, zoony said:

Not sure how good i feel about the veracity of the identification process.  Really hope they dont get any faces incorrect.  Can you imagine if there was someone who looked just like you marching?  Think the mob would be interested in your alibi?

Agree. Same reason I dont like seeing cops shooting guys that fit the 5'8 - 6'3, large black male with wearing a black hoodie cause the "look" like bad dudes. Once someone makes up their mind like that its really hard to change it. Especially if they think they are fighting for some twisted form of justice. 

I would say they should leave identifying people to the police. But we both know that would not happen. So im conflicted. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Really? Again understanding history. Don't start with that ****. No one is gonna justify truly evil and dark sides of history. You can  ****ing open your brain a bit and understand the situations. Neither side was a angel in the civil war era. The North was not some savior. Both sides were absolutely ****ed up. God forbid we actually look at things from different perspectives. Not putting ourselves in other shoes is how you get ****ing morons driving a car into innocent people Or some  wacko cutting a reporters head open over a ****ing statue

There's a time and place for civil war arguments, this isn't the time.  Stop.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There is nobody on this forum that knows less about history than you.  You are a collection of pro-slavery/pro-racism talking points and nothing more.  

A drone.  

A dirt farmer in a trench in Gettysburg waiting on a cannonball.

Dude that's beyond messed up. My friends come from all backgrounds. I've dated people from all backgrounds as well. There's not a racist bone in my body. If I wouldn't be banned I'd tell you to go **** yourself for that comment. I'm trying to explain the view on the statues on both sides. Yes it was a dark time in history! For some those statues are family who fought for their way of life (yes No matter how messed up it was) and others it is a reminder of the darkest times in US history. A country divided.

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Sigh. There are extremists on both sides. The actions in Charlottesville were reprehensible. Being that's I spend a fair amount there with my girlfriend to visit the wineries it was stunning to watch a car plow down people on a street we regularly visit going to the marketplace.

What a shame that your trip to the wineries will never be the same. 

giphy.gif

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Again easy fir us to say how horrible it was now. For most of the country for many years it was a way of life. The difference is the north advanced faster than the South. Trust me I get exactly what you are saying and yes it was terrible but we're talking about a time when this was considered normal.  Bsck then no one in the North or South thought about how messed up slavery was. The North was able to phase it out because of it relying on factories and machinery. The South was still plantations. That's why the North was better prepared for war.

yeah, you about to go on ignore. I wish some mods were here to at the very least warn you about this stuff. 

LOL at the line "easy for us to say how horrible it was now," when people who looked like me are still dealing with the aftershocks of that "not so bad" mistreatment.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Dude that's beyond messed up. My friends come from all backgrounds. I've dated people from all backgrounds as well. There's not a racist bone in my body. If I wouldn't be banned I'd tell you to go **** yourself for that comment. I'm trying to explain the view on the statues on both sides. Yes it was a dark time in history! For some those statues are family who fought for their way of life (yes No matter how messed up it was) and others it is a reminder of the darkest times in US history. A country divided.

Yeah, but you kinda picked a bad time to do anything to defend or explain the POV in the South during the Civil War. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Nobody cares who you date, bro.  Get a grip on yourself and quit spouting crap like "Lee was nice to his slaves".  You sound absolutely ridiculous.

Your friends deserve better.  I'm sure they've been hoping that the light goes on for you for some time now.  Maybe this reality check today will help.

Youre welcome.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Not sure how good i feel about the veracity of the identification process.  Really hope they dont get any faces incorrect.  Can you imagine if there was someone who looked just like you marching?  Think the mob would be interested in your alibi?

That's a good point. Hopefully that's why the people who are posting are also tagging local law enforcement. Let them check it out. 

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

yeah, you about to go on ignore. I wish some mods were here to at the very least warn you about this stuff. 

Whatever I'm quite done with this. The fact is as long as people continue to use hate as a platform nothing will improve. Understanding and respect is the only way things get better. You think I'd want some wackos doing the stuff in Charlottesville here in Richmond? That part of history is done. We cannot move forward if we can't get past it.  It's shocking this happened in charlottesville. Honestly numbing knowing that city so well. Believe me when I say Richmond will not stand for the same here. If people want to peacefully protest that those statues really matter then that's their right. I don't agree with it. Spewing hate language is not their right. Showing up with guns and weapons looking for a fight is not their right.  Plowing down a bunch of innocent people is not their right. I see 5 confederate statue protestors in Richmond every weekend on a corner. They just stand there with flags. They bother no one and no one bothers them. 

Evidence of how you dumb you sound right now: 

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

All we here about Lee is he's a traitor and scum. 

14 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

For some those statues are family who fought for their way of life (yes No matter how messed up it was) 

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Nobody cares who you date, bro.  Get a grip on yourself and quit spouting crap like "Lee was nice to his slaves".  You sound absolutely ridiculous.

Your friends deserve better.  I'm sure they've been hoping that the light goes on for you for some time now.  Maybe this reality check today will help.

Youre welcome.

I serve on committees for the communities helping build soccer for youth. I work with people from every background every day.  

No one is saying Lee was a good guy. I'm saying why the focus is on him for VA protests is confusing.  He disagreed with the whole war and only picked the South for VA. To him he probably thought he was doing the right thing picking his home. I could see attacking Davis and others who were just rich plantations owners protecting their slaves way of life.  Lee being the target is what's strange. 

9 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Again easy for us to say that now. Remember that back then slaves were a way of life. Even before US it was in other countries. North had them for long time. They also didn't help current or former slaves.  The govt had to step in as you remember.  Lee never approved of the war. Very easy to call general out for picking his home over his country when you didn't have make that choice. This war was family against family. Please open your eyes a bit and see things were not so simple. 

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Again easy fir us to say how horrible it was now. For most of the country for many years it was a way of life. The difference is the north advanced faster than the South. Trust me I get exactly what you are saying and yes it was terrible but we're talking about a time when this was considered normal.  Bsck then no one in the North or South thought about how messed up slavery was. The North was able to phase it out because of it relying on factories and machinery. The South was still plantations. That's why the North was better prepared for war.

You do realize that you are asking minorities whose ancestors were enslaved to "open their eyes" and "look at it from a slave owners perspective" right?  Do you not understand how ****ed up that is?   There is literally no reason for anyone (all races) to look at it from that perspective because it doesn't and will never change how ****ed up slavery was/is and I'm not giving anyone's great great grand pappy Cletus any slack, regardless of it being a "way of life' back then.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Not putting ourselves in other shoes is how you get ****ing morons driving a car into innocent people Or some  wacko cutting a reporters head open over a ****ing statue

Incorrect. Letting morally dysfunctional people glorify or otherwise downplay evil as a misunderstanding is how you get anarchists driving his car into people that stand up to that bull****. 

Who do you think he spoke more like? Me or you? The answer is you. You are wrong. Understand that and move forward. I do understand your opinion. You don't understand the quick two step it takes for these jerks to go from morally ambiguous statements like yours to running over people in the streets because "they are trying to take your first amendment rights from you." 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That's a good point. Hopefully that's why the people who are posting are also tagging local law enforcement. Let them check it out. 

Not a fan of his but Shaun King (the writer) has a tweet or two about identifying the nazis/white power people. It looked to me it was full of how to contact the local police departments, etc (for the violent ones).

It does broach the subject of vigilante justice though. Although..one might argue it's needed (and honestly I don't buy that but then again I'm not persecuted by skin color) because the powers that be aren't doing enough to go after the violent white power douchebags from this weekend. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Let's put some context to Richmond's sanitization of Lee. He treated slaves "well" right?

When two of his slaves escaped and were recaptured, Lee either beat them himself or ordered the overseer to "lay it on well." Wesley Norris, one of the slaves who was whipped, recalled that “not satisfied with simply lacerating our naked flesh, Gen. Lee then ordered the overseer to thoroughly wash our backs with brine, which was done.”

What a misunderstood stand up chap.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

How about Lee and his army capturing free blacks of the North and bringing them to the South for enslavement?

Gee. I wonder why people think he's a massive piece of ****.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I serve on committees for the communities helping build soccer for youth. I work with people from every background every day.  

No one is saying Lee was a good guy. I'm saying why the focus is on him for VA protests is confusing.  He disagreed with the whole war and only picked the South for VA. To him he probably thought he was doing the right thing picking his home. I could see attacking Davis and others who were just rich plantations owners protecting their slaves way of life.  Lee being the target is what's strange. 

For the record:  I have met RR88.  At a bar downtown (Mulligans?) several years ago, we had a couple beers and watched a preseason game with a few other forum folk...maybe 2008/09 or so.  He was a friendly and engaging young man and a huge Redskins fan.  I enjoyed meeting him.

But such is the power of propaganda...an otherwise perfectly reasonable person feels compelled to regurgitate blatant fallacies regarding the "kindness of slave-owners" and the dignity of the Confederacy.  Dead bodies and broken bones all over downtown CVille and not a peep from him.  One guy gets 4 stitches and he's rolling in here to whitewash the whole civil war for us.  

Its absolutely ****ing mind-boggling.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Again easy for us to say that now. Remember that back then slaves were a way of life. Even before US it was in other countries. North had them for long time. They also didn't help current or former slaves.  The govt had to step in as you remember.  Lee never approved of the war. Very easy to call general out for picking his home over his country when you didn't have make that choice. This war was family against family. Please open your eyes a bit and see things were not so simple. Half the damn problem with this violence is extremists groups on both sides of statue discussions not willing to step back and the others side. Neither dude has to agree with what the other believes but there can be respect there. As far as things like statues I mean. As far as race issues as was stated earlier hate breeds hate. Believe or not the worst racism encounters I had was when I lived in nova.  Richmond is actually not bad in that regard. In nova in school I encountered many blacks who hated whites. I ended up in fights where my black friends would jump in to break it up. Hell I got jumped from behind by a black dude who nailed me with some kind of club and one of my black buds was passing by jumped in. One of my gf was Bulgarian which is dark skin. I got horrible glares and comments as did she up there. Honestly you don't see it in richmond. I think VCU being so big and diverse is one of the big reasons.  You see so many interracial couples. My gf is Asian. Most here give very little thought about the statues actually. We got much bigger things to address.

Don't believe I've ever seen an example of a poster's signature being so a propos to a poster's post.  Thumbs down on this equivocation, whitewash job, cherry picked personal experience attempt to say the south was in any way in the right.  

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 2