Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

I don't want anybody exterminated or thrown in ovens. That's beyond ****ed up. It does remind me of the Band of Brothers episode after they discovered the concentration camp the nearby town was pretending they didn't know about. I want these people marching for hate to be the ones cleaning up crime scenes and dealing with the death 1st hand. They should see it's not a video game.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

:rofl89:

"I never owned that car, it was my wife's."

Dower laws...look 'em up.

? Don't understand your point, honestly.  I did change it to inherited, before you quoted me.  Lee was the executioner of the Custis will, assets were not given directly to Lee.  It does not excuse the way he treated black people, slaves, or anyone else.  In fact Lee was very harsh toward slaves.  He did free them, but not of his own volition.  If this is not accurate history then I'm happy to admit I am wrong.    

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I know it's Hollywood, but that quote from American History X keeps running through my head. If only more people could learn from it.

Good lesson for Dems, thats for sure!  Zing!

4 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

“She was absolutely color blind when it came to racial matters; these fellows were just two of my friends, “ Reagan wrote, “That was the way she and Jack had always raised my brother and me.”

It's "my brother and I", Ron. The poor grammar is an obvious dog whistle.

15 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

He, along with the rest of the founders, were men of their time. Ahead of their time in many regards, but on the issue of slavery, they did fail.

I have trouble judging Washington & Jefferson based on our morals and ethics of today.

I don't have trouble judging Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee, because of the cause they chose to fight for. 

Couldnt disagree more.  The subtext of "men of their time" is that everybody owned slaves.  Anti-slavery movements are basically as old as slavery itself.  There were plenty of people that knew owning another human being as property without rights was wrong.  

I give no deference to the time period when people of the same time period knew better.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Trumps latest statement was better.  Reminds me of the "disavow" situation during the campaign.  Dog whistle first, say the minimum acceptable thing later when forced to.  

And the people who reacted to the dog whistle will ignore the second statement. "He's not being sincere now. They are just forcing him to say that. We know where he stands." I'm glad he finally said it but the damage is done.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It's "my brother and I", Ron. The poor grammar is an obvious dog whistle.

The easiest way to determine is to remove the other person/people in the sentence.  

"That was the way subject had always raised me"

"That was the way subject had always raised I"

:) 

Edited by SkinssRvA
  • Like 2

One thing: before we can count on the police to arrest violent white supremacists, we need to weed out the white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and fascists out of the police departments.

Then I will have more confidence that justice and law and order will be upheld.

And not the Right's version of law and order.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Im glad the President finally said what he said. Im still disappointed it took the whole country to correct him for him to pretend to care. 

Agreed.  

For something like this, you really got one shot, but it's a layup with nobody in front of you.  And he shot it over the backboard into the stands.  Then he asked for the ball back after the buzzer sounded.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

And the people who reacted to the dog whistle will ignore the second statement. "He's not being sincere now. They are just forcing him to say that. We know where he stands." I'm glad he finally said it but the damage is done.

and its hard to take him as sincere when Bannon/Miller/Gorka are still apart of his team

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I never knew that.

I dont know if your being sarcastic but I was never taught it that way either. I knew it, but it would have been way easier to remember that way than failing a bunch of grammar tests and getting yelled at by my Principal mother until i got it right. 

Where were you when I needed you most, @SkinssRvA??

• Like 1