Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Draft Day Two - 2nd/3rd Round - Discussion Thread

TSO

2 minutes ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Hoping for Carl Lawson, Caleb Brantley, or Samaje Perine with our next pick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/florida/report-5-teams-shown-interest-caleb-brantley-since-arrest/amp

According to Jason Cole of Bleacher Report, the Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Los Angeles Rams, Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins “have shown the most interest/done most work in the past two days” regarding Brantley.

Now that we're getting all these young defensive players can you please change your sig to one of them??

Watching back Ryan Anderson, I wonder if he could kick inside to ILB. Seems like he'd be a good 4-3 Sam

One thing I've always wondered with Anderson is if he can play ILB. Wonder how the #Redskins will use him.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1774611-morning-manny-nfl-draft-day-2-round-up

I do wonder if Anderson could eventually serve as an inside linebacker. Even his former coach Nick Saban mentioned that a move inside could be a possibility for him in the NFL.

Most interesting thing to come of Saban's comments today: thinks Ryan Anderson has potential to play ILB in NFL. Career edge player at UA.

Anderson isn't necessarily that speed rusher I felt the Redskins needed. However, he's an edge setter that's always around the football. He's essentially the hammer to this linebacking core, which is something they actually did lack. That's also, again, why I wonder if he could eventually move to inside linebacker. Either way, he's a super solid player that immediately makes the Redskins a better defense.

10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I'd like Peterman if he lasts in the 4th round. He's a great fit in Grudens scheme and at worst a very very good backup for Cousins if he stays and possibly his replacement if he leaves after this year.

I honestly don't think we take a QB in this draft. I think there's a directive from on high that no one knows about. 

Snyder has given Allen the keys to the kingdom with one exception. Cousins will be signed, period. I'm sure he's happy to let the negotiations go forward for now because the real deadline is 7/15. I bet Allen is free to try whatever he can to that point and then they'll accept whatever counter-offer they got from McCartney. He won't be traded, he won't be allowed to go into free agency next year. They can play whatever games they want to that point, but then **** will get serious and Cousins will be extended. At this point, there really is no other choice. 

Either that, or they're clueless, they have no QB plan, and we're really and truly ****ed as a franchise because at this point the same clown show we've had is the same clown show we have and we'll always be the suck. We will be the Cleveland Browns forever.

18 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I'm gutted the Giants got Tomlinson though, he is someone I wanted to plug into the middle of our base defense. We still don't have the 0/1 tech for our base. I think that and a quick twitch pass rusher are what's missing to really help our D turn the corner.

Honestly... we just need a body for the spot.  It's always nice to have a good player at any position, but we'd probably play a 0/1 tech in a base package less than 30% of our snaps.  This position is like fullback.  You can get by with a late rounder.

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Wow. Didn't think Beathard would go near that high.

Yeah it was a major reach especially with Dobbs and Peterman still on the board. Beathard could probably been safely drafted in the late 6th round.

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I honestly don't think we take a QB in this draft. I think there's a directive from on high that no one knows about. 

Snyder has given Allen the keys to the kingdom with one exception. Cousins will be signed, period. I'm sure he's happy to let the negotiations go forward for now because the real deadline is 7/15. I bet Allen is free to try whatever he can to that point and then they'll accept whatever counter-offer they got from McCartney. He won't be traded, he won't be allowed to go into free agency next year. They can play whatever games they want to that point, but then **** will get serious and Cousins will be extended. At this point, there really is no other choice. 

Either that, or they're clueless, they have no QB plan, and we're really and truly ****ed as a franchise because at this point the same clown show we've had is the same clown show we have and we'll always be the suck. We will be the Cleveland Browns forever

totally agree

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Honestly... we just need a body for the spot.  It's always nice to have a good player at any position, but we'd probably play a 0/1 tech in a base package less than 30% of our snaps.  This position is like fullback.  You can get by with a late rounder.

Yeah i get the limited snaps argument. But I'm in the camp that thinks that some of those snaps are really important ones. Short yardage and goalline for example.

I would not have advocated spending big dollars or a high draft pick on the spot but right now all we really have there is Phil Taylor or moving someone who is really a 3 or a 5 tech and asking them to try to do the job. 

I'd like Stevie Tu'ikolovatu in say the 6th. He might be a guy you can get some good snaps from in that spot.

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

The enigmatic J Peterman, run off to Myanmar. Of course to him, it will always be Burma. YouTube. You won't be disappointed.

Elaines boss. Got it.

Actually now I look at the picture he does look a lot like me. Sort of.

7 minutes ago, RedBeast said:

Electric football sucked and stop romaticizing it. **** Atari 101 kicked the hell out of it. That's like telling me how great paper football was. 

I'm only 27 but we had an old one as a kid my dad would make us play with him sometimes. **** sucked. You couldn't get the players to go in any particular direction no matter how meticulously you arranged them or the bases they sat on, and that awful vibrating noise should be outlawed. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing for some of these old farts ;)

Archived