Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Draft Day Two - 2nd/3rd Round - Discussion Thread

TSO

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm on the give him a chance based on what I've read, but I wanted a athletic freak. Maybe he's not a combine warrior though because I'm reading that he plays faster than his combine time. 

Yeah... I just think we're too down on EDGE guys that aren't perceived "athletic freaks" mainly because of Murphy and maybe even Preston Smith. Though if we transport in time to right after the 2015 season we might feel differently about Smith and had Murphy not got hit with the suspension due to PEDs, same deal.

Either way, there are a lot more great EDGE players who aren't "speed demons" or "athletic freaks" than otherwise. Lot of these guys are just so strong and powerful Tackles struggle to move them off of the angle they're taking to the QB. Would've been nice to get a complement speed guy but they're super rare and you usually don't get them outside the top 10 picks of the draft.   

6 minutes ago, ZRagone said:

This is why when things first went down I wish I could have everyone on record with what percentage they're giving Bruce credit for this year and what percent they're giving Scot. Because basically at this point, it's going to be an ink blot test. Those who side with Bruce will attribute it to him if they like it and to Scot if they don't, and the same goes in reverse for those who side with Scot. 

At least for me, not sure that's accurate. I said this the day Scot was fired. As soon as they fired Scot, this belongs to Bruce Allen - good or bad. He may have the board but he has to execute. Right now he is doing pretty decent. But the elephant in the corner is still does he sign Kirk to a LTD by July 15th. In my opinion If he fails, no matter how well they do this draft the off season is a failure.

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

At least for me, not sure that's accurate. I said this the day Scot was fired. As soon as they fired Scot, this belongs to Bruce Allen - good or bad. He may have the board but he has to execute. Right now he is doing pretty decent. But the elephant in the corner is still does he sign Kirk to a LTD by July 15th. In my opinion If he fails, no matter how well they do this draft the off season is a failure.

well said and very true!!

I was listening to Dane Brugler in a recent radio show talk about the Cowboys draft and recall him gushing about Moreau.

http://247sports.com/Gallery/Pro-Football-Focus-ranks-NFL-Drafts-10-freakiest-athletes-52366625/GallerySlides/528964

Pro Football Focus ranks 10 freakiest athletes in 2017 NFL Draft

9) Fabian Moreau | CB | UCLA

From PFF: “This year’s cornerback class has some of the freakiest in recent memory. The fact that Moreau with his 4.35 40-yard dash and 11’4” broad jump isn’t the highest-rated corner on this list should be evidence enough. Moreau also turned in an excellent 38-inch vertical all while weighing a stout 206 pounds.”

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Not sure that's accurate. I said this the day Scot was fired. As soon as they fired Scot, this belongs to Bruce Allen - good or bad. He may have the board but he has to execute. Right now he is doing pretty decent. But the elephant in the corner is still does he sign Kirk to a LTD by July 15th. In my opinion If he fails, no matter how well they do this draft the off season is a failure.

This is especially true with rounds 2 and 3, although in round 1 he had a choice between Allen and Foster. But we all had our favorite guys in round 2 and different draft charts had a bunch of guys all rated about the same. Why Anderson over Cunningham, Evans, McMillian, Tomlinson, etc. That was a Bruce choice that should be credited to or charged against Bruce. And in round 3 it was Moreau vs Dorian Johnson, D'Onta Foreman, John Johnson, Desmond King, Montravius Adams, etc. We'll be judging Bruce (not Scot) if one of those guys we didn't pick blows up and Moreau doesn't. So this is on Bruce - good or bad. 

Archived