Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Draft Day Two - 2nd/3rd Round - Discussion Thread

TSO

Alrighty guys and gals... as we discussed in the other discussion thread, we're going to do a new discussion thread for each day so as to avoid the "mega thread" conundrum and make it easier for people in the future to go through them when needed. 

So, as mentioned before: 

DO NOT, FOR ANY REASON, POST A TWEET OR ANY OTHER SOURCE OF ANY  DRAFT PICK BEFORE IT IS ANNOUNCED ON TV. 

NO. FRIGGIN. SPOILERS. 

Again, NO SPOILERS!!!!! 

This isn't a debate. You might not care and might want to know early, but others do care and enjoy the anticipation. Your post will be immediately deleted and you will likely face additional time off. Thanks. 

Keep it clean, fellas. Don't ruin this for anyone (with spoilers or by being a general ass), remember nothing is set in stone yet, draft grades don't matter right now, guys you don't like will pan out, guys you do like won't, we won't know for at least a couple years, and let's just have some fun as a (super) dysfunctional ES family rooting for them to "get it right". :)  

See also the "Index" thread by our esteemed @PCS for up to date info (not a discussion thread, please do NOT post there): 

At the end of the last thread, it mentioned the bucs being interested in moving up.  Duh....I would think ever GM would call and find out the price to move up to the first pick.  It is a simple phone call and you have all day.  Every team picking after the 5th pick today should be checking the price of moving up to #1.

Since this is the last chance to have this conversation and there were rumors of the browns asking about Kirk.  So, if the team can't or won't sign Kirk long term, do you make this trade - the browns second 2nd round pick (#20 in the round) and their highest/best first round pick next year for Kirk?  This would give us more ammo this year, plus 2 1st next year to combine and go after our rookie sensation. 

Just trying to fill the time until the draft starts. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm okay with moving up for Cook, as long as its not our 3rd rounder. Our 2nd and 4th for someone else's 2nd to ensure we get Cook is perfectly fine.

Yeah. I said the same exact thing earlier today. After last nights steal, add a real RB and the rest of the draft is gravy from there IMO.

3 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Since this is the last chance to have this conversation and there were rumors of the browns asking about Kirk.  So, if the team can't or won't sign Kirk long term, do you make this trade - the browns second 2nd round pick (#20 in the round) and their highest/best first round pick next year for Kirk?  This would give us more ammo this year, plus 2 1st next year to combine and go after our rookie sensation. 

So we roll with McCoy, stack up on quality players elsewhere, essentially tank this season and go get our QB next year?

Leaves you looking three years down the line before we're back winning. You think the fanbase would wear that?

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So we roll with McCoy, stack up on quality players elsewhere, essentially tank this season and go get our QB next year?

Leaves you looking three years down the line before were back winning. You think the fanbase would wear that?

Hail. 

No they wouldnt. Now give us their 2 tonight and both ones next year???? That is a bit more intriguing.

Prefer to keep our 2 picks tonight or try and get a 3rd one if possible.

Lets hope for another couple of studs on D falling our way.

Would love starting 3 down ILB or Edge rusher with the first two picks and if we get a third go S or RB

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm okay with moving up for Cook, as long as its not our 3rd rounder. Our 2nd and 4th for someone else's 2nd to ensure we get Cook is perfectly fine.

Our 2nd and a fourth won't get us in position to take Cook.  Would have to be our 3rd and a 4th or both 4's and a pick next year.  IMO.  We probably need Cook to also fall to Chicago to make the move.  Lots of "ifs" unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

No, a B level (minus or plus is debatable) proven NFL QB is worth 10 "rookie sensations".

Trading away the near certainty of a dangerous offense that a good QB provides for extra lotto tickets is not something I could ever agree with.

Of course, if they're dumb enough to let Kirk get away next season trying to save a few million dollars (or Bruce Allen's ego), then I have lost all interest in this team. Trade everyone for draft picks and bring in some more Tampa Bay lackies. Why not? :)

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Leaves you looking three years down the line before we're back winning. You think the fanbase would wear that?

Hail. 

Not if next years QB class is as good as rumored.  Also, we won with Robert as a rookie, the hawks won with Wilson and colts with Luck as rookies.  Again - I know it isn't happening, but if the team knows Kirk is only here for 1 year (whatever the reason), do you make the trade?

1 minute ago, ILikeBilly said:

Not if next years QB class is as good as rumored.  Also, we won with Robert as a rookie, the hawks won with Wilson and colts with Luck as rookies.  Again - I know it isn't happening, but if the team knows Kirk is only here for 1 year (whatever the reason), do you make the trade?

Sitting on the fence answer but it's the best I got. Depend's who's still on the board to make it viable.

Hail. 

Archived