Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Draft Day Two - 2nd/3rd Round - Discussion Thread

TSO

Jus read his bio, he went to high school about 20 minutes away from my high school.  That makes him my favorite pick based on that alone :)

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/04/23/uclas-fabian-moreau-lives-up-to-nfl-draft-prediction/

Moreau, modest and reserved, accepted the change, understanding that it was his clearest path onto the field. He turned into an honorable mention All-Pac-12 talent by his sophomore year, starting all 12 games. He finally came to terms with the fact that his life as a running back was over. His life as a cornerback could then truly begin.

After earning second-team all-conference honors as a junior and redshirting his true senior year due to a Lisfranc injury suffered against BYU, Moreau led a UCLA secondary that allowed a Pac-12-low 12 touchdown passes in 2016. He had a team-high 10 passes defended. Besides his production on the field, Moreau was a respected figure in the locker room among players and coaches.

“He was a guy that was never rattled by things,” Martin said. “He always had a calm presence about himself. When I got a little riled up sometimes, he put a calming effect on me.”

Moreau has been like that since high school, West said. Always a bit of an old soul, Moreau was a quiet hard worker obsessed with working on his craft. Even as he prepares to enter the NFL, Moreau still tells anyone who will listen that he’s a work in progress, West said.

For how far he came in his five years at the position, Moreau still had only three interceptions during his UCLA career. He got in a bad habit of drawing pass interference and defensive holding penalties. His pectoral injury, suffered when bench pressing at UCLA’s Pro Day, required surgery, but he is still on target for recovery for training camp, according to West.

Yet the measurables are still there. He had a standing broad jump (11 feet, 4 inches) that was second among all players at the NFL combine. His blazing 4.35-second 40-yard dash was second among defensive backs. That’s the running back that never fully died. West still wishes he could have seen Moreau take just one collegiate carry, whether on offense or in the return game.

“I think his long-term prospects for success are undoubted,” Mora said last month.

After the combine, Mora’s phone lit up with calls. NFL teams needed to know about more about this converted cornerback. The UCLA coach who spent the majority of his NFL coaching career coaching defensive backs was thrilled. Others are finally seeing what he saw so many years ago.

Just now, joeken24 said:

I saw that. I liked that play but a QB that does that in the NFL is holding a clip board. He won't get that look at this level. I saw a lot of holding when I watched that entire video.

Yeah. He is definitely NOT ready to be a starter right now. But we dont really need him this year to start. He has the tools to be a stud. They drafted him for his upside I guess. And I think thats fine in round 3 I think.

16 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ignore the Cowboys-centric part, but this is my eval on one of the top corners in the entire draft from when I took him in the mock. 

4 picks ago, we here at Cowboys HQ in Frisco believe the World Champion Patriots were the beneficiaries, through an injury fall, of the best Cornerback in the class in Washington's Sidney Jones. Now, all here at Dallas feel humbled to be similar beneficiaries of who we believe to be one of the top 3 Corners in this draft and one who is still learning the position with a ceiling as high as the sky to reach as he improves. As he has to this point every year of his short career thus far.  

............................................ Fabian is the perfect fit to contribute from Day One here in Big D. 

....................................................................................................................................................

Exactly the type of stellar young character Coach Garrett is building on here in Dallas. 

......................................................................................................................................................

Coach Marinelli has said often he wants the Cowboys secondary to 'Mimick the Seattle secdondary' and for Dallas to get younger at the position. 

.......................................................................................................................................................

The pieces to make a SERIOUS run are falling into place perfectly. 

Hail.

You know... I wanted to "like" this write up, and I do, but I'm sorry brother. This is just disgusting. This isn't "Cowboys-centric", this is straight Cowboys-romance. I feel like all of us here at ES need to do an intervention for you and bring you back from this disgusting pit of Cowboy's fan fare you've fallen into. You've gone too deep as a double agent and the threat of losing who you are is there now. We've got to pull you out before it's too late.

No more Cowboy's mock drafts for you! :ols:

What the heck, man?  

Just now, joeken24 said:

No I'm many years past 10, boss. Think about it, I played electric football. What kid do you know today that plays electric football?

Had one as a kid. Mine came with Minnesota and Oakland ( the previous years' Super Bowl ), and later I got the entire NFC East. Not really an easy game to play.

GreatBuzz was just kidding with you.

Just now, thesubmittedone said:

You know... I wanted to "like" this write up, and I do, but I'm sorry brother. This is just disgusting. This isn't "Cowboys-centric", this is straight Cowboys-romance. I feel like all of us here at ES need to do an intervention for you and bring you back from this disgusting pit of Cowboy's fan fare you've fallen into. You've gone too deep as a double agent and the threat of losing who you are is there now. We've got to pull you out before it's too late.

What the heck, man?  

Uhmmm, yeah, about that .....

*Bows head. Clears throat. Grips chair. ..... My name is GHH. I may have a problem ......

Hail. 

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Cowboys going D again. 

Marinelli's getting all excited and hands are being shook and backs being slapped. 

SO happy we beat them to Moreau. I think they'll go Tankersly. HOPEFULLY not Woods. But I REALLY fear they'll go Woods. 

Hail. 

I hope they dont take Tankersley. That guy is going to be a monster.

3 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

What the heck, man?  

Agree.  He's too into building the Dallas Cowboys in his mock draft exercise and also too into the draft geeks associated to the Cowboys like Brugler.  Enough!    But good write up on his end. :)    I follow a bunch of draft geeks including Brugler and noticed he's his 5th rated corner.   

Archived