Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Draft Day Two - 2nd/3rd Round - Discussion Thread

TSO

24 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I so appreciate the FO finally recognizing just how atrocious the defense has been over the last several years.  Well done!!!

It's not just about that. That's what's so awesome about this. The draft really fell perfectly for us. The run on offensive players in the 1st with Allen dropping. The amount of TEs taken overall. So many offensive players in the 2nd as well. It's just been great.

I know some are going to think they were addressing "needs" no matter what, but I don't believe it. I think this was BPA and it just fell perfectly. So happy.   

21 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm on the give him a chance based on what I've read, but I wanted a athletic freak. Maybe he's not a combine warrior though because I'm reading that he plays faster than his combine time. 

Watching his highlights it looks like he plays a hell of a lot faster than his combine time. That's another one of he reasons he kinda reminds me of Suggs, who sucked at the combine. I think he ran a 4.85 40 or something. 

There are plenty of big boys left to plug the middle (M. Adams, E. Qualls, Jaleel Johnson, Carlos Watkins, Davon Godchaux, and a couple others).  I still think we need a back-up center like Kyle Fuller.  Other guys still on the board I like include Desmond King, Cordrea Tankersley, and maybe Anthony Walker.  If we have a mind to move Ryan Anderson inside, there are still some interesting edge guys out there like Carl Lawson.  So far, I'm good with our draft.  

3 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Had one as a kid. Mine came with Minnesota and Oakland ( the previous years' Super Bowl ), and later I got the entire NFC East. Not really an easy game to play.

GreatBuzz was just kidding with you.

I know. I'm not dead. lol, they don't call me joeken for nothin'

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah Qualls and Adams.  Vincent Taylor.  

Running back though might be tempting with the first pick in the 4th,  Perine, Hunt, Mack. 

It's cool to have two forth round picks, they can do both.

Even though I'm still fine not taking a RB, I'd be fine with Perine. I also still really want Kittle. 

Just now, mistertim said:

Watching his highlights it looks like he plays a hell of a lot faster than his combine time. That's another one of he reasons he kinda reminds me of Suggs, who sucked at the combine. I think he ran a 4.85 40 or something. 

I'm buying into the pick more and If he dropped because of his combine then I'm even happier with our scouts for watching the film. I'm not a film watcher so I'll take your word for it. But I'd still like to see how much he's going to be playing vs Murphy/Smith. Or is there any possibilty of the move to ILB? He seems smart enough. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Even though I'm still fine not taking a RB, I'd be fine with Perine. I also still really want Kittle. 

I like Perine but I think I'd take Hunt over him.  Garafalo says they like Marlon Mack.  I haven't really looked at Mack much but I'll get to it before noon tomorrow.

Just now, dswerdlw said:

There are plenty of big boys left to plug the middle (M. Adams, E. Qualls, Jaleel Johnson, Carlos Watkins, Davon Godchaux, and a couple others).  I still think we need a back-up center like Kyle Fuller.  Other guys still on the board I like include Desmond King, Cordrea Tankersley, and maybe Anthony Walker.  If we have a mind to move Ryan Anderson inside, there are still some interesting edge guys out there like Carl Lawson.  So far, I'm good with our draft.  

I've got at least two more centers on my board over Kyle Fuller.  Fuller didn't even go drafted in our mock which, while a little surprising, isn't too far-fetched.  I don't think I ever saw him remotely close to successful attempting a block at the second level.  He looks like a lost child looking for his mother.

6 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I saw that. I liked that play but a QB that does that in the NFL is holding a clip board. He won't get that look at this level. I saw a lot of holding when I watched that entire video.

That USC qb is projected as the first overall pick next year by some. Sam Darnold. Fabian is a legit athlete. I love the pick.

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

I've got at least two more centers on my board over Kyle Fuller.  Fuller didn't even go drafted in our mock which, while a little surprising, isn't too far-fetched.  I don't think I ever saw him remotely close to successful attempting a block at the second level.  He looks like a lost child looking for his mother.

Agree. Although he was my top UDFA after our draft.

Archived