Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Draft Day Two - 2nd/3rd Round - Discussion Thread

TSO

9 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Well, that was a hell of a couple rounds. I'm higher on Richardson than some. I don't think he's a great pass rusher, but man, does he set an edge in run defense and makes a lot of tackles there. And he is just ****ing nasty. I don't think we have enough of that one defense right now. A tone setter. And he is all that. I don't know if we plan to move him inside or not, but if he stays outside I don't really care. He's nasty. He's physical. He's the kind of guy that takes your lunch money, He's an enforcer. And, he's not out of control or a dirty player. He just wants to beat you into oblivion. I really like the pick.

Wait, we drafted Richardson too, sweet we got Anderson and his doubly mean brother Richardson! Awesome brother, HTTR ;)

Im looking at Dorian Johnson, DJ Jones, Samaje Perine, Stevie Tu'Ikolovatu, Tedric Thompson, Shelton Gibson, Nathan Peterman, and Jeremy Sprinkle in these later rounds. Happy with our picks so far. Still waiting for the WTF pick that we all know is gonna happen.

Can't believe the 49ers went with Beathard over Peterman Kelly or even Kaaya. That's another head scratching pick for me.

Jeremy sprinkle ian underrated TE, but with Bucky Hodges and Jake Butt still on board I'd rather get one of them over Sprinkle (even if I like Sprinkle and grabbed him in our Mock draft).

DJ Jones, Caleb Brantley, Jaleel Johnson, Connor Harris... That's some good picks to make.

On Offense:

Nico Siragusa, Dorian Johnson, Roderick Johnson, Jerry Ugokwe, Jehu Chesson, Sam Rogers, Tyler Orlosky and Chase Rouiller are all good picks as well.

As for day 3:

Desmond King - love his instincts, he will be a ball hawk as a safety, leaving Cravens to rome underneath, and make the big hit's!

Isaac Asiata - a mauler at LT guard, want's to plant whoever is in front of him 6' under on every play!

Jaleel Johnson - (if at this point Caleb Brantley is undraftable) He is a handful on the inside, putting him and Allen together...look out!

Jamaal Williams - he is a tremendous RB between the tackles, he makes defenders miss in short spaces, and will laugh at an arm tackle, doesn't possess that extra gear for long runs, but he will move the chains consistently, sustain drives, and get that 3rd and short yd.!!!

Jon Toth - a very underrated center, can be a much needed backup to Long, and hold down the fort at guard if needed!  

Howard Wilson - lanky skinny CB, who is a natural playmaker, also flying under the radar!!

52 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

Are the RB's left in the draft any different than Matt Jones and Mack Brown because it doesn't seem like it? Secretly, I want the team to check out Jamaal Charles knees and go with another WR or TE in these late rounds when picking offense.

Elijah Hood..for real..."Stephen Davis"-esque overloOked

Bummed to see Nazir Jones off the board. I like the Seattle draft unfortunately.

Qualls, Lawson, Woods, Evans, Hendrickson, Jones, M Lee, E Jackson, J Johnson,Philips, J Johnson, Tuikolovatu, Gedeon,King, Toupu, Godchaeux on defense

Legget,Kittle, Sprinkle, Perine on offense.

Kittle, Lawson, Qualls and Jaleel Johnson (ever see the rundown? Love that movie)are probably at the top of my list. Probably King right there too.

TE is weirdly interesting coming up.  I know they don't need a TE per se but Jake Butt is tempting.  The dude can block, too.  And arguably a blocking TE would be helpful on this team.  Jordan Leggett is tempting too.  Good player IMO, not a great blocker now but good develop into it.  I like Bucky Hodges, too but more of a Jordan Reed type.

D Line:  If his story checks out, Caleb Brantley IMO would be a no brainer pick.  I like J. Johnson.  Carlos Watkins.  For a nose I noticed Qualls is rated lower than I do by the draft geeks so maybe he drops further.  I also like Vincent Taylor and the UCLA guy who is 26 who has a hard name to pronouce but you can probably get him in the 5th-6th.  IMO an underrated guy that PFF loves and I like is Tanzel Smart.  

Garafalo said they are looking at Marlon Mack possibly in the 3rd.  If so I gather they'd take him this round.   Though Personally I like Perrine.

Desmond King could be that physical nickel guy and can even play seem safety, add some versatility. Do they stick with the Alabama theme and go Eddie Jackson at some point?

Carl Lawson -- another pass rusher.  I haven't really studied him.  I noticed the draft geeks can get polarized on him but the ones who love him really love him -- PFF thinks he's one of the top 15 picks in the draft.

Looking good for today, 7 picks total utilise. 2 of the first 17 and 3 within the first 50.

stacks of depth on the boards still at OG, DT and WR.....plus well go RB with the wildcard choice of QB still out there.

i want to see some agressive moves today, would like to see us move back into the 4th using later picks

7 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

the man does not walk on water

Nope, bourbon and water.

Quip aside, I'm looking at B Brown, E Jackson, C Watkins, S Perine, V Taylor this round. Would not mind seeing Dobbs as a developmental prospect either.

Also, put me down for Stacey Coley as a late round WR. Also, about 4 starting caliber TEs still on the board.

7 more picks to add to a very good first two days...great draft to have extra picks...I'm jacked!

No idea what's going on with Lawson. His drop seems odd. If the plan with AR is to move inside, Lawson makes a lot of sense, but seeing Harrison and Suggs type comparisons makes me think he'll stay outside.

Can you imagine if we just drafted A Donald and J Harrison? Holy **** do I love those picks.

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

TE is weirdly interesting

I absolutely think its a need. Our offense is very TE centric and we've got an injury risk, an antique and a nobody. 

Probably the best TE class ever. Id hate to not grab one to develop,  that can block, but is a receiver. 

9 hours ago, Birdlives said:

FIRE BRUCE ALLEN! Yeah, I said it. Nice you're giving all the credit to him when others set the board. He's just following, not leading. Don't kid yourself. He's still a tremendous douche.

And, this is why jaded Skins fans can't have nice things...

Disappointed thus far with the draft.  I know the Skins need to improve their edge rush and they have select a couple of linebackers to help but I think the Skins have a bigger problem that always seems like an afterthought, the Redskins aren't as big and tough as the need to be on either line.  The OL can't open up holes and support a power running game and the DL can't stop a strong running attack.  I don't expect these linebackers to improve the rush defense.

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I absolutely think its a need. Our offense is very TE centric and we've got an injury risk, an antique and a nobody. 

Probably the best TE class ever. Id hate to not grab one to develop,  that can block, but is a receiver. 

Michael Roberts is the 5/6th round guy id like to see.  Out of Toledo, 1 year of production, but it's easy to see the potential. 

Auclair out of Canada would be interesting too.  

Both fit waiting as well.   I think the 4th we have better options than te to help out.

1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

Disappointed thus far with the draft.  I know the Skins need to improve their edge rush and they have select a couple of linebackers to help but I think the Skins have a bigger problem that always seems like an afterthought, the Redskins aren't as big and tough as the need to be on either line.  The OL can't open up holes and support a power running game and the DL can't stop a strong running attack.  I don't expect these linebackers to improve the rush defense.

You know we just drafted two studs against the run, who are known as mean fiery tough guys and leaders, right?

3 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Since when Jonathan Allen plays LB?

Archived