Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft.com bruce Allen won’t let Scot McCloughan talk to media

jphilly

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

When Scot was hired, it was Bruce who told Snyder he had to be patient if this was going to work...

Edit

Great post but you are wasting space. People will believe which ever story fits their own narrative. Facts be damned. I know, that was really your point, but I thought I would be more blunt.

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Great post but you are wasting space. People will believe which ever story fits their own narrative. Facts be damned. I know, that was really your point, but I thought I would be more blunt.

I know lol...but sometimes it's good to put the realities out there just as a reminder.

These threads always go the same way, folks use tidbits that the media provided to debunk the tidbits that the media is providing.  Its fascinating in its own right

As to the story, who cares if its true or not.  Doesnt effect things either way 

I like GMSM but these are the facts

He didn't upgrade a HISTORICALLY bad Redskins defense.  Thats his fault.

He gambled on Cousins and Cousins broke all sorts of Redskins records...again.  Thats his fault.

He lost both Coordinators this off season.  Thats his fault

We risk losing both Wide Receivers to free agency.  Thats his fault

either one of the following I can see getting GMSM getting fired IF we dont make the playoffs.

Franchise tags cousins and cousins balls again raising the price even further

Defense fails to make signifigant improvements

Offense goes from a top 5 unit to a middle of the pack unit because we have no WR's

In the end result what matters is how many wins we have in 2017. Before that it will be who we draft and who we sign in FA. Everything else is just fodder and water cooler talk to get us through the day. People have compared this to previous "leaks" or to situations and how they perceive them, but what'll happen is that just like in 2015 when the controversy with Scot and his wife leaked and people thought that was just a sign of the dysfunction of this franchise. What happened after that? We won the division and it became a forgotten story. Nobody's saying it didn't happen, but even if it did it didn't stop us. We can also look at the Shanny leaks and say that they were either a symptom of what was going on with this franchise, or that they were nothing and the real problem was that we had RG3 as a starter who couldn't stay healthy and Kirk wasn't confident in himself enough to recover from throwing an early int. 

The sad part of the offseason is that this will probably be a story until August. In about a week or so we'll be more into FA rumors and the scouting combine so this will lose some momentum, but every story now will be tainted with this. If Scot talks, it will be why didn't he talk earlier. If Scot doesn't then its a muzzle. If Bruce talks, its where's Scot. If Bruce doesn't its  - well, I think people will like this one, except if nobody talks then people will be like where's the FO. Its really a perfect time for a story like this to come out. Now even the FAs we sign and players we draft will be questioned like, if we're aggressive will we see a story wondering if Bruce let Dan out to call the shots again? If we're passive, will they say "see, I told ya so". If we go defensive heavily, will reporters say, "Its only because Scot knows his job is on the line unless they can fix that defense". 

I've got nothing against Jones or Cole or a lot of the other guys (Keim is my favorite though, even respect him a bit more knowing that he's a Browns fan. It takes some guts to admit that on radio), but this seems like a good play by them (particularly Jones) to be the centers of attention for the offseason. (and this will remain true whether the story is ultimately true or false or never settled). 

2 hours ago, rdskn4eva said:

He gambled on Cousins and Cousins broke all sorts of Redskins records...again.  Thats his fault.

either one of the following I can see getting GMSM getting fired IF we dont make the playoffs.

Franchise tags cousins and cousins balls again raising the price even further

Defense fails to make signifigant improvements

Offense goes from a top 5 unit to a middle of the pack unit because we have no WR's

05a.jpg

For the Cousins point, I won't debate it. To each his own, so fair enough.

But the rest of your points. Seriously? One coordinator was "lost" because he was a part of that "HISTORICALLY bad Redskins defense", as you aptly put it. The other was lost because the NFL rules say that teams have to allow coordinators to be signed as head coaches by other teams . What the heck do you expect him to do? Fight to keep the only DC in NFL history to lead an 0-16 defense? Go to the NFL Owners meeting and convince them to change its coordinator promotion rules?

And the risk losing both Wide Receivers to free agency. Well, duh. That's what happens in every contract ever signed. Every. Single. GM. Ever. Has to sign or let ANY player walk at the end of a contract. What in the world do you think is supposed to happen? What would you do differently? What COULD you do differently? :blink:

Jeez. We might as well just let Snyder run our personnel department and skip the GM if those are the requirements. There isn't a GM, living or dead, who can meet requirements like those.

14 hours ago, rdskn4eva said:

Not sure if your list was a spoof of the criticisms of Scot or legit.  I'll take the one seemingly legit criticism about not upgrading an historically bad defense -- but that one doesn't really add up unless we can see this off season unfold in advance like we are in a Back to the Future movie?  The historically bad defense was the 2016 one -- not the 2015 defense that rated 17th in points allowed and was actually top 10 in stopping 3rd down conversion.    So we are about to see or not see whether Scot upgrades the historically bad defense.  The beat reporters-Bruce-even national reporters have practically put up a billboard that the FO will be VERY aggressive in fixing the defense.  To each their own, but I am just chilling and waiting to see Scot actually fix as you put it the historically bad defense and I think he will.  

Bruce sounds bitter, likely about how Scot is playing hardball with Cousins.

Bruce has his checkbook out, all that he is really good for now, and his arm is getting tired.

Just load up Bruce's schedule with golf games and charitable events and the problem should go away.

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No matter the level of truth built into these rumors, I'm shocked the organization hasn't stepped up to refute any of this.

Honestly?

Why bother. It's not like anyone is going to believe them anyway. At least not until they actually do something. Hell, have you READ this board? People believe what they want, no matter what facts are out there. Or not. They are still going to believe what they want. This thread is a perfect example.

8 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Honestly?

Why bother. It's not like anyone is going to believe them anyway. At least not until they actually do something. Hell, have you READ this board? People believe what they want, no matter what facts are out there. Or not. They are still going to believe what they want. This thread is a perfect example.

I don't believe this at all.

On 2/10/2017 at 9:07 AM, ThomasRoane said:

Zoony was one of the first to point out that our superstar GM has not been very "super."

Yes, but he's still a legitimate NFL GM, which we've never had before in the Snyder era.  Before now it's always been the HC or Snyder/Vinny/Allen filling the role.

On 2/13/2017 at 9:18 PM, rdskn4eva said:

1. Are you sure it's his fault?

2. Are you sure it's his fault?

3. Fair criticism; he should have extended one of them before this so they didn't both hit free agency the same year.  (Instead he wasted a 1st round pick on a WR instead of OL or DL.)

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Rumours remain rumours until denied. 

And the rumors will still persist until Scot speaks to them, tells everyone that was not true and they will still persist because "that is what he was supposed to say". People have their agenda.

7 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I don't believe this at all.

You don't have to, and I don't care.

Archived