Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

31 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I like you a lot man, we've had some good conversations over the years but the way you mad-dog rant about the GOP/Trump/anything you disagree with would lead one (me) to believe that you're obsessed with them.  

I think you're thinking more standard political obsession, which is normal.  The obsession with Clinton goes beyond that.  Obama didn't investigate McCain or Romney and Bush was largely left alone, from official investigations and harassment, after he was done.  Clinton is out of politics and tons of investigations have found nothing to actually bring a charge on.  And yet, despite knowing full well that the uranium deal was approved by numerous groups that could not have been influenced by Clinton, they still want to investigate it.

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I think you're thinking more standard political obsession, which is normal.  The obsession with Clinton goes beyond that.  Obama didn't investigate McCain or Romney and Bush was largely left alone, from official investigations and harassment, after he was done.  Clinton is out of politics and tons of investigations have found nothing to actually bring a charge on.  And yet, despite knowing full well that the uranium deal was approved by numerous groups that could not have been influenced by Clinton, they still want to investigate it.

Sure, the obsession goes both ways.  I'm not saying it doesn't.  However, I do think it's exceedingly unhealthy.  

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sure, the obsession goes both ways.  I'm not saying it doesn't.  However, I do think it's exceedingly unhealthy.  

Another false equivalency.  Bush 43 and him cohorts were given a huge pass by Obama and Nancy Pelosi in not investigating them for war crimes in the Iraq war they caused. 

HUGE

Just now, Larry said:

No.  It doesn't.  

He just stated exactly the opposite.  And backed it up.  With actual, you know, facts.  

My initial quote, to ASF, was about his personal obsession with Trump and the GOP.   Even before he took office.  I'm not talking about the uranium deal or whatever is trying to be done to Clinton now. 

IMO, it's something I see on here, facebook, twitter,  people ranting, raving about how evil Trump is.  Can't go anywhere without seeing it.  Sure he sucks, but I think there's an unhealthy level to the keyboard warrior aspect of it.   If it's all you can think about, talk about, and rant about, it's not good.   The right is obsessed with the Clintons, I'm not saying they aren't.  

Anyone see the story about HW and the sexual assault accusations?

Not sure what to make of it. I have a hard time believing some of the accusations but then he apologized for it. 

Weird times we live in.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

My initial quote, to ASF, was about his personal obsession with Trump and the GOP.   Even before he took office.  I'm not talking about the uranium deal or whatever is trying to be done to Clinton now. 

IMO, it's something I see on here, facebook, twitter,  people ranting, raving about how evil Trump is.  Can't go anywhere without seeing it.  Sure he sucks, but I think there's an unhealthy level to the keyboard warrior aspect of it.   If it's all you can think about, talk about, and rant about, it's not good.   The right is obsessed with the Clintons, I'm not saying they aren't.  

I suspect this has more to do with the level of absolute sociopathy that's in the White House right now. 

There hasn't been this bad of a President (and person) there since the 1800s. 

And as vilified and disliked as the previous GOP regime was, they didn't do something nearly every day that was reprehensible and abnormal. The current administration and the party that supports them will own this albatross for decades. It's up to us to ensure that.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I like you a lot man, we've had some good conversations over the years but the way you mad-dog rant about the GOP/Trump/anything you disagree with would lead one (me) to believe that you're obsessed with them.  

Officer: “Dude, the way you complain about the guy who broke into your home stole your possessions and murdered your wife would lead me to believe that you’re obsessed with them.”

And I don’t rant about everything GOP, I’ve actually been quite complimentary about several GOP Senators lately. I’ve also said that a moderate GOP candidate could get my vote.

27 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Another false equivalency.  Bush 43 and him cohorts were given a huge pass by Obama and Nancy Pelosi in not investigating them for war crimes in the Iraq war they caused. 

HUGE

Exactly, I was one who was disapointed that war crimes investigations weren’t launched after Obama took office.

24 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Every day I wake up with the knowledge that the Pumpkin King still sits in the White House. Now there are sitting GOP Senators who are VERY publicly ranting against Trump from the floor of the Senate. I guess they’re obsessed with him too. 

And it isn’t all I think about. I’m posting in the Trump thread, what would you have me discuss? I just posted some good stuff in the cooking thread last night. And I’ll hopefully be enjoying a cigar soon, been too long. But I’ve been told that stating on topic in threads is a necessary requirement for my continued participation here at ES.

"Obsession" is something a person can't really help,, they're hopelessly down the rabbit hole for whatever it is.

Fox and the right's "obsession" with the Clintons and in particular Hillary, is not "obsession".

It's "misdirection" and "manipulation", and it has a purpose.. none of which is to expose anything.. just to "question" everything continually and with a specific tone so that their target audience believes the questions are the facts, and it keeps them angry, off balance, tunnel-visioned and stupid.

The reason the usual mouth frothing Fox clown is "obsessed" with Clinton anything is because they are  conditioned for it with a steady diet of propaganda directed against them for the specific purpose of creating and maintaining control over the mob.

Calling it obsession is missing what it is.. and frankly, also part of the misdirection. The more folks complain the right is "obsessed" the more they dig in to prove they're not. They are not obsessed, they are manipulated, they are controlled.

~Bang

Personally I don't see people "obsessed" with this, they go on with their lives, buying groceries, mowing their lawns, taking care of their kids and all, they just happen to notice that the * is a festering chancre of a human being, a weeping pus-filled sack of lies that seeps more toxic spew every day. Those around him seem to have contracted the affliction and are starting to seep as well. It is more like an awareness of a public health threat, that's all.

I think having your attention focused on what is truly an extraordinary and unprecedented time of American history, one in which the President of the United States generally acts like a particularly maladjusted teenager and is explicitly trying to damage or destroy many of our country's most deeply held foundational  principles, is entirely appropriate.  

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Fox and the right's "obsession" with the Clintons and in particular Hillary, is not "obsession".

It's "misdirection" and "manipulation", and it has a purpose.. none of which is to expose anything.. just to "question" everything continually and with a specific tone so that their target audience believes the questions are the facts, and it keeps them angry, off balance, tunnel-visioned and stupid.

Wrong Bang.

This time Billary Clinton went too far.

Straight up hired hookers to piss on Donald Trump and film it in some dirty perverted game.

Sickening. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

IMO, it's something I see on here, facebook, twitter,  people ranting, raving about how evil Trump is.  Can't go anywhere without seeing it

1)  Do you wonder why?  

2)  And I guess that's why you've developed such a reflex for deflecting and ignoring it.  (As opposed to noticing that the folks "ranting, raving" actually are pointing out actual problems.  Most of the time.  I do agree that sometimes it goes too far.  I've pointed out some occasions.)  

Archived