Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Tump is probably more comfortable with a male Secretary of State. In his mind, how will world leaders respect him if his representative is a woman? I wouldn't put it past him to go for Haley thought. She's attractive and he'd see her more often in that position.

Haley sold her soul. She was a rising star in the GOP,  You could see her running for higher office.  Yes, even president; but in the GOP, they wouldn't elect an Indian woman.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

It is disgraceful. As bad a President as I thought George W. Bush was, and I thought he was quite bad, I now think back on how he stoically never lashed out against the Cindy Sheehan's and all the other war widows who went after them. He took it with grace and dignity.

Could you imagine how Trump would react to her?

Sadly, I think at some point we are going to be at war with someone.  North Korea? Iran?   Seems like Trump would push us to war, just by his tweeting alone.

Tbh, I was hoping that jumbo or Martin would out the mod who was using a duplicate screen name. ;)

To me..the Tailgate leans left these days only if you have a problem with people who are not anti science and who want an environment that doesn't tolerate intolerance. (Take that double negatives!)

The GOP used to encourage that too. Somewhere in the 1990s (or maybe if was under Ford in the mid 1970s) they sold out to the church and went bat**** crazy.

But how can highly educated people here not lean left of the current administration? It's the embodiment of anti-intellectualism. 

39 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tbh, I was hoping that jumbo or Martin would out the mod who was using a duplicate screen name. ;)

To me..the Tailgate leans left these days only if you have a problem with people who are not anti science and who want an environment that doesn't tolerate intolerance. (Take that double negatives!)

The GOP used to encourage that too. Somewhere in the 1990s (or maybe if was under Ford in the mid 1970s) they sold out to the church and went bat**** crazy.

But how can highly educated people here not lean left of the current administration? It's the embodiment of anti-intellectualism. 

it's like i've said in the past.

I lean right,, but the right's pendulum has swung SO far to the right, that right leaning people now find themselves on the left because the line shifted under their feet.

~Bang

Apples suck anyway. Us real Americans prefer bananas. I just had one actually. It was all green like the one on the left here.

bananas1.jpg

Which is gross. We prefer our bananas bruised... like our women. Anyway, still better than apple. President Trump is pretty much the Johnny Appleseed of bananas except for the parts about planting trees and not jerking it to urinating hookers.

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

it's like i've said in the past.

I lean right,, but the right's pendulum has swung SO far to the right, that right leaning people now find themselves on the left because the line shifted under their feet.

~Bang

When Reagan Republicans are considered liberals to these **** stains, there is nothing left to do but laugh. Or cry.

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

When Reagan Republicans are considered liberals to these **** stains, there is nothing left to do but laugh. Or cry.

This is exactly right. 

A friend of mine posted a quote from Reagan after the Vegas shooting. The quote and timing were obviously aimed at the gun-law crowd. When I brought up the fact that Reagan was the one who pushed for the Bradey Bill. He was utterly confused why I would mention that, as if it never occurred to him that the Right have pushed significantly right of their diety Reagan. The Gipper would be charged with being a RINO these days, but they’d never believe it. So when you have a guy like McCain who acts like a Reagan Republican he’s accused of being a RINO.

These people are absurd, and detached from reality. Their wh ideology is built on a myth.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm with you - but it's clear that some people do support the administration or even feel they should go further. It baffles me - but it is a free Country (despite Trumps best efforts otherwise). Having their views expressed and explained is important. To the extent they are explicable ...

13 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I'm with you - but it's clear that some people do support the administration or even feel they should go further. It baffles me - but it is a free Country (despite Trumps best efforts otherwise). Having their views expressed and explained is important. To the extent they are explicable ...

I live in the mddle of it here. Their views mirror Faux News, it’s anti-ghey, anti-immigrant, Benghazi, Obama was friendly to Mooslims, Christian-centric. You think these are cartoons, they aren’t. 

What were are seeing is the last gasp of a white dominated, Christian priviledged society, and they aren’t about to go quietly. I wondered years ago what would happen when it was announced that there were more minorities than whites in America. I knew there would be hostility as white Christians lost their place of priviledge and found themselves on level ground, what I did not expect was the rise of blatant racism and what seems like a push for an American apartheid that would relegate non-Christians, and immigrants to second class status. The rise of Arpiao and his ardent supporters demonstrates that their love of “law & order” has nothing to do with the Constitution but rather the legal enforcement of their prejudices.

8 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

what I did not expect was the rise of blatant racism and what seems like a push for an American apartheid that would relegate non-Christians, and immigrants to second class status

none of this is new.

When white people are threatened in this country, the response is usually pretty violent and a want for something that will make everyone else 2nd class citizens. (white people as a collective, not talking individuals)

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

none of this is new.

When white people are threatened in this country, the response is usually pretty violent and a want for something that will make everyone else 2nd class citizens. (white people as a collective, not talking individuals)

I think you can say the same for any group that enjoys privilege or power. It's not limited to white people.

I spent time in South Africa. The actions of people connected with the Governments of South Africa and Zimbabwe even more so exhibit similar characteristics.

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

none of this is new.

it's only been like 50 years since they took the slow road to hating. Still being tricked by words from the ones with money to do the dirty work and lash out.

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I think you can say the same for any group that enjoys privilege or power. It's not limited to white people.

I spent time in South Africa. The actions of people connected with the Governments of South Africa and Zimbabwe even more so exhibit similar characteristics.

Thats fine, but I said white people in this country. This country being the United States of America, which is what we are talking about.

Also, I get what you are saying about the governments in those two countries but I would tread carefully considering the history's of those countries as well with their own versions of apartheid with the minority being in charge.

2 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

it's only been like 50 years since they took the slow road to hating. Still being tricked by words from the ones with money to do the dirty work and lash out.

Its not even a trick at this point. It seems as soon as you say equality, people start turning red because "they" believe it means they lose something.

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

Thats fine, but I said white people in this country. This country being the United States of America, which is what we are talking about.

I got that. I'm just pointing out this Country is far from unique and groups who enjoy privilege or power always react when those are threatened.

Archived