Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

My initial quote, to ASF, was about his personal obsession with Trump and the GOP.   Even before he took office.  I'm not talking about the uranium deal or whatever is trying to be done to Clinton now.

Ah, I see, but ASF was responding to me and I was talking specifically about the obsession with the Clintons.

Understandable confusion.

---------------------

This is my contribution to the thread:

FaceSwapImage-366.png

The take down of legislation that allows people to sue banks via class action is absolutely criminal.  I truly don't understand how anyone could be okay with such a rule.  It's blatant and disgraceful.  Reminds me of the repeal of The Clean Water Act.  Just reading the headline should be enough to let people know it's a bad idea.  What a long, sour, foul smelling joke these ****ers are.

I loved Obama.  But my biggest complaint with his presidency is how he handled the fallout from the banking crisis.  Not one of the ****tards went to jail.  Not one of them got indicted.  They stole from people, knew exactly what they were doing with all the subprime mortgages, crashed the economy, and then passed the bill on to the American taxpayer.  Here's a hint...they're doing it again.  

I miss Eliot Spitzer.  Too bad they got to him too.

Don't be suckered in by Senators Flake and Corker, and that achieved some sort of epiphany: those two voted with the rest of the Republicans to take away protections for humans granted by allowing arbitration that was banned during the Obama administration, banning consumers from filing class action lawsuits against banks and credit card companies.

Only Lindsey Graham and John Kennedy, both Republicans joined the Democrats to keep the rule.

Koch Brothers of Koch Industries, are the sons of Fred Koch, a co-founder of the John Birch Society. 

Now I understand their motivation and connection to the Far Right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not really a "the buck stops here" type, is he?

And to think I used to believe BUSH was bad at taking any responsibility for bad things happening. Trump takes it to a completely different level. How many times now has he thrown his own generals under the bus? Gotta love how he claims to love the military and have tons of respect for generals and military commanders, yet he throws them under the bus in the blink of an eye the second something comes up that could make him look bad.

What an awful human being.

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The take down of legislation that allows people to sue banks via class action is absolutely criminal.  I truly don't understand how anyone could be okay with such a rule.  It's blatant and disgraceful.  Reminds me of the repeal of The Clean Water Act.  Just reading the headline should be enough to let people know it's a bad idea.  What a long, sour, foul smelling joke these ****ers are.

I loved Obama.  But my biggest complaint with his presidency is how he handled the fallout from the banking crisis.  Not one of the ****tards went to jail.  Not one of them got indicted.  They stole from people, knew exactly what they were doing with all the subprime mortgages, crashed the economy, and then passed the bill on to the American taxpayer.  Here's a hint...they're doing it again.  

I agree with your sentiment, but the narrative that "not one went to jail" is not correct.  Way more SHOULD have, but over 200 people were convicted of criminal offenses and given jail time (some got suspended sentences, which, yea, not good enough).

https://www.sigtarp.gov/Quarterly Reports/April_26_2017_r1_Report_to_Congress.pdf

See pgs. 13-16.  Some of these are small fries, but some are like, the Executive Director of Investments for Oppenheimer, which is a big fish.  

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Don't be suckered in by Senators Flake and Corker, and that achieved some sort of epiphany: those two voted with the rest of the Republicans to take away protections for humans granted by allowing arbitration that was banned during the Obama administration, banning consumers from filing class action lawsuits against banks and credit card companies.

Only Lindsey Graham and John Kennedy, both Republicans joined the Democrats to keep the rule.

Koch Brothers of Koch Industries, are the sons of Fred Koch, a co-founder of the John Birch Society. 

Now I understand their motivation and connection to the Far Right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

3 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Sometimes I get the urge to start a thread about consumer protections vs. corporate interests, but usually I think people won't be interested or it'll just devolve into another Trump is the worst thread.  

We don't have a Congressional Actions thread, the Republicans there are doing a lot of damage all by themselves. We can detail the list of Republicans who vote against legislation that benefits actual humans. They are usually short lists. 

For this consumer protection rollback, only two, so Collins, Murkowski voted for it. So they are still voting party line.

Damon them.

And with the Supremes back in session we can have their thread, we will have one for each branch.

25 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Sometimes I get the urge to start a thread about consumer protections vs. corporate interests, but usually I think people won't be interested or it'll just devolve into another Trump is the worst thread.  

I was lying a little bit when I said nobody went to jail, but it sure wasn't the take down it shoulda been.  All the high guys skated.  I remember reading an article about a female whistle blower in Rolling Stone a couple years back.  It would make your blood boil.  And nobody ever had her testify.

Anyways, I do lie a lot.  It's in my nature.  Hell, my real name isn't even Alvin. :cheers:

Archived