Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

7 hours ago, visionary said:

BLS job statistics.  

I can't provide a link directly to the data.  you have to pass through multiple screens.  Go to the link above, and select the following options:  

"Seasonally adjusted", and "Next".

"Total nonfarm", and "Next"

"All employees", and "Next"

"Total nonfarm", and "Next"

"Retrieve Data"

What you'll get is a table, showing the total number of nonfarm jobs in the US (in thousands of people.)  

The most recent number is a projected number (that's what the "P" means) for September of '17.  It shows 146.659 million jobs.  

Trump took office just before the start of Feb, '17.  146M jobs.  

Subtract the two.  Divide by 7.  (Because Feb-Sep is 7 months).  

Average jobs created, per month, during Trump's first 7 months:  126.6 thousand jobs.  

Do the same calculation, looking at Aug '16 and Feb '17.  (The 7 months before Trump took office.)  

Average jobs created, per month, for the 7 months before Trump took office:  164.5 thousand jobs.  

(BTW, jobs created, per month, for Obama's last 3 years?  223.)  

Ratio between job creation of Trump's first 7 months, vs Obama's last 7 months:  Trump's number is 23% smaller than Obama's number.  

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yeah for a long time now they have been pushing to mostly working class whites the idea that if a minority (usually black in this case) person gets something, then it necessarily MUST be at the expense of you, the downtrodden white person. It's a very alluring narrative; it gives people an easy and simple scapegoat for their problems. And it works well for (awful) politicians because they can use that to offer themselves as the simple solution to their simple problems without having to worry about the incredible complexity of things like the economy, healthcare, education, etc. Now it has branched out to not just those who are black but also immigrants, refugees, etc.

We really live in some ****ty times right now.

Now, though, I do have to point out:  That is one of the predictable consequences of things like Affirmative Action.  The "he got my promotion because he's black" reaction.  

It can be a cloud hanging over every single accomplishment by every minority person.  

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

This is why dumbass people like Trump have taken over the GOP. My "people" have gone full stupid.

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/24/559604836/majority-of-white-americans-think-theyre-discriminated-against

Problem isn't that they believe they are discriminated against, cause truth be told many of them are. But it's not the same kind of discrimination. I want to go into detail but it's deep and I don't have the patience at the moment. 

Not able to get a job cause of your name is not equal to not getting picked for a game of pick up. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Not sure what you are saying there @twa

I would kill more than a third if needed, but don't want to w/o good reason.

one is conditional upon events....the other restricted by rule of law/fear of consequences

Just now, mrcunning15 said:

I'm pretty sure he's implying that Liberals would kill conservatives. Even though the last 8 years proved that isn't the case. 

Are they the third that would watch?

36 minutes ago, twa said:

I would kill more than a third if needed, but don't want to w/o good reason.

one is conditional upon events....the other restricted by rule of law/fear of consequences

Ah. Got it. I hate to say I understand that mindset but I do understand that sacrifices would be necessary in certain situations would arise. But the idea here is to prevent any of those situations taking place. I dont even know what they would be, but if you have to resort to killing people for any reason you have already failed to the point where you dont deserve to be a leader or making any kind of decision that would take a persona life, dont ya think? 

And this is exactly why we have rules/law. Cause there are crazy people that can justify murdering people for the good of the whole (not saying you, fyi) 

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Ah. Got it. I hate to say I understand that mindset but I do understand that sacrifices would be necessary in certain situations would arise. But the idea here is to prevent any of those situations taking place. I dont even know what they would be, but if you have to resort to killing people for any reason you have already failed to the point where you dont deserve to be a leader or making any kind of decision that would take a persona life, dont ya think? 

And this is exactly why we have rules/law. Cause there are crazy people that can justify murdering people for the good of the whole (not saying you, fyi) 

Well now you're getting into a philosophical question...the Trolley Dilemma for example.

But I think we need to forget about all of this nonsense and focus on black on black crime.   #ConservativeDistractions

He knows Mueller is coming, and that it'll be more than obstruction.  He's gotten the tip off from his people in DoJ that this is gonna be very very bad, so he and his goons, specifically Devin Nunes, are trying to change the debate before Mueller's final report goes public and basically suggests prosecution of half of Trump's administration, most of his family, a bunch of former advisors, some outside people, and most importantly, Trump himself.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

unfortunately, marginalized people have always known this. 

IKR? But I talk to a lot of people, I've always claimed to be a "life support system for a mouth", and I provoke conversation wherever I can find it. I have been consistently hearing all year from friends "Hey, this is where we've ALWAYS been, you white guys are just waking up to it", and tbh I see a lot of validity in that sentiment. I have liked to see myself as a fairly open, inclusive kinda person, try to understand where others are coming from and admit to myself that what I see is not what others do. Fine, it's a place to start, but more and more, like the Harvey Grabass thing, it is apparently far worse, far more endemic than even I understood. And that right there is about me and my understanding, and I have more work to do on that. I'm not saying that I need to chuck out a bunch of Confederate flags when noone is looking or anything, but simply that even I have to admit about myself that there is and has been a helluva lot more going on for far longer and far worse than I thought.

And that's a good thing.

A VERY good thing.

'Cuz if crotchety old white guys like me are seeing this **** and understanding how bad it is, then a huge % of other communities and demographics have to be doing the same.

19 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

IKR? But I talk to a lot of people, I've always claimed to be a "life support system for a mouth", and I provoke conversation wherever I can find it. I have been consistently hearing all year from friends "Hey, this is where we've ALWAYS been, you white guys are just waking up to it", and tbh I see a lot of validity in that sentiment. I have liked to see myself as a fairly open, inclusive kinda person, try to understand where others are coming from and admit to myself that what I see is not what others do. Fine, it's a place to start, but more and more, like the Harvey Grabass thing, it is apparently far worse, far more endemic than even I understood. And that right there is about me and my understanding, and I have more work to do on that. I'm not saying that I need to chuck out a bunch of Confederate flags when noone is looking or anything, but simply that even I have to admit about myself that there is and has been a helluva lot more going on for far longer and far worse than I thought.

And that's a good thing.

A VERY good thing.

'Cuz if crotchety old white guys like me are seeing this **** and understanding how bad it is, then a huge % of other communities and demographics have to be doing the same.

Facts.

Archived