Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

28 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Interesting op-ed by the former Former Australian Prime Minister on China & US post-pandemic:

Edit

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/united-states/2020-05-06/coming-post-covid-anarchy

There is nothing in there that's false yet that are a significant number of people who honestly believe he has done a great job. Those people are the real problem. 

50 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

There is nothing in there that's false yet that are a significant number of people who honestly believe he has done a great job. Those people are the real problem. 

Hillary was entirely too nice when she called them deplorables. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

And ordered Chernobyl workers back to work.  

And state media, erm Fox News, would be spreading conspiracies, “is radiation really bad for you??? Has there really been an uptick in cancer patients at hospitals?? Deep State conspiracy exposed on Hannity at 11!”

I know every politician will have their fair share of "true believers" but it just astonishes me more and more every day the absolute pretzels people are willing to twist themselves into, which is absolutely required, in order to not only support Trump but act like everything going on around him is normal.  

26 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I know every politician will have their fair share of "true believers" but it just astonishes me more and more every day the absolute pretzels people are willing to twist themselves into, which is absolutely required, in order to not only support Trump but act like everything going on around him is normal.  

I can understand people who support him and the GOP from a policy perspective, but its mind blowing how many people excuse his trolling behavior. Truly makes you think a lot less of the people of this country overall.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

I can understand people who support him and the GOP from a policy perspective

Never found one who can even name one. 

At least, not a real one.  You'll get some who'll say "the Economy".  And when you point out that the economy grew slower under Trump's first three years, than it did the three years before he took office, then they look puzzled.  

You'll get some who'll say "China".  And when you point out that all he did was to tax American consumers a lot, and then turn around and give that, and more, to the farmers who his trade policies screwed, then they . . . look puzzled.  

A lot of them will say "Judges".  But point out that "Judges" isn't a policy, it's a means, so what policy is it that they think these judges will give them?  And they can't or won't say.  

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Never found one who can even name one. 

At least, not a real one.  You'll get some who'll say "the Economy".  And when you point out that the economy grew slower under Trump's first three years, than it did the three years before he took office, then they look puzzled.  

You'll get some who'll say "China".  And when you point out that all he did was to tax American consumers a lot, and then turn around and give that, and more, to the farmers who his trade policies screwed, then they . . . look puzzled.  

A lot of them will say "Judges".  But point out that "Judges" isn't a policy, it's a means, so what policy is it that they think these judges will give them?  And they can't or won't say.  

I think its more in generalities. People equate judges to protecting their point of view on ruling on issues like guns and abortion.  As for the others, like the economy, immigration, trade, and foreign policy, a lot of folks talk about those issues from a "gut" perspective without realizing the amount of special interest factors that go into each of the issues.

Again, I can respect those who say they "choose to vote based on policy, not personality."  But what I don't get are the folks that, when you bring up something stupid that Trump tweeted, say "I don't pay attention to that stuff."  And don't think the media should pay any attention to them either.  And are basically OK with the President of the United States being a troll. 

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I think its more in generalities. People equate judges to protecting their point of view on ruling on issues like guns and abortion.  As for the others, like the economy, immigration, trade, and foreign policy, a lot of folks talk about those issues from a "gut" perspective without realizing the amount of special interest factors that go into each of the issues.

Again, I can respect those who say they "choose to vote based on policy, not personality."  But what I don't get are the folks that, when you bring up something stupid that Trump tweeted, say "I don't pay attention to that stuff."  And don't think the media should pay any attention to them either.  And are basically OK with the President of the United States being a troll. 

Republicans' sole interest is moving wealth from We the People to the 1%ers. Period. The rest is the smoke screens.

Leadership, i tell ya. 

@Larry I commend you for finding people who merely look puzzled when you point out the flaws in their thinking on Trump's policies. Usually if i do that i am met with rage and namecalling, to be followed by laughter at their convincing "owning" of me and my obvious deep state poisoned thinking.
 'cause you know, i'm such a liberal who hates America, and all that.

EDIT: OK so it seems this video has been proven false. I'll leave it up so the post at least makes sense, but this is apparently bogus.

~Bang

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-reveals-katie-miller-stephen-millers-wife-was-the-pence-aide-who-tested-positive-for-coronavirus/

President Donald Trump identified Katie Miller as the previously unnamed aide to Vice President Mike Pence who has tested positive for the coronavirus.

During a White House pool spray on Friday afternoon, Trump announced that Miller — the wife of the president’s senior adviser Stephen Miller — tested positive for Covid-19 after a series of negatives. She is the second person in the West Wing to have contracted the virus in as many days, as a valet to the president was found to be positive on Thursday.

Archived