Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

I mean...he's technically correct. We are leading the world in covid-19 deaths. And the world is undoubtedly watching it unfold, though I'm not sure if "excited" would be the correct word.

But I have a feeling that wasn't the sentiment Trump was trying to get across...

now we have to sanitize the lincoln memorial and we're short on sanitizer

and then we have to sanitize the entire gop

just flush them from the system via the ballot

or at least try that first :) 

Opposed to DC being a stste, myself.  

Because it's not a state.  

Now, I would fully support them being considered a part of Maryland, for purposes of voting for House/Senate/President.  

I don't want to disenfranchise DC residents.  Just don't want to create any ten-mile "states", either.  

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

now we have to sanitize the lincoln memorial and we're short on sanitizer

and then we have to sanitize the entire gop

just flush them from the system via the ballot

or at least try that first :) 

I really wish someone had been able to sneak in and put a huge surgical mask over Lincoln's face without Fox or Trump ever realizing it before airing the interview. 

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

How is DC functionally different from a state?  

Size immediately comes to mind.  

It's 1/10 the size of Jacksonville.  Not the Jacksonville metro area, just the city limits.  

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

Opposed to DC being a stste, myself.  

Because it's not a state.  

Now, I would fully support them being considered a part of Maryland, for purposes of voting for House/Senate/President.  

I don't want to disenfranchise DC residents.  Just don't want to create any ten-mile "states", either.  

D.C. should be exempt from paying taxes, since they have no representation.  

Just give D.C. a congressman or two and let them vote for the Senators in M.D. 

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

It's 1/10 the size of Jacksonville.  Not the Jacksonville metro area, just the city limits.  

So, by your way of thinking, the U.S. citizens of Alaska (of which there are fewer) should have representation in the House and 2 Senators because the state has more land, but the U.S. citizens in DC should not because they live closer together?  When did we give land the franchise?

FWIW, the GDP of DC is nearly 3 times that of Alaska, and about 4 times that of some other states (VT and WY)..  

3 hours ago, Larry said:

And larger in population then some States.  

Such a terrible argument with no consideration for what the actual citizens want.  Compare you reasons against to their reasons for and they living there, i used to live there, those comments bother me seeing what they still have to go through.

DC is trying to get to approve it's own budget without Congress, the answer is not requiring approval from Annapolis instead.

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Montana is much larger than DC.  DC has approximately 700,000 residents and Montana 1,000,000.  I think the size is irrelevant, but the population is key.  However, I agree with you that DC should be incorporated into MD, and have representatives added accordingly, rather than made a separate state.

Archived