Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

14 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Trump is really enjoying Melania’s 50th birthday, eh?

Win or lose, their marriage is over after the election.

He wins, he will want to trade her in for a new younger model.  She probably won't mind either.  

He loses and she leaves him, then he marries Wife #4 within a year.

>>>"It's a closed society — I haven't heard anything directly — but I'll be shocked if he's not dead or in some incapacitated state, because you don't let rumors like this go forever or go unanswered in a closed society — which is really a cult, not a country — called North Korea," Sen. Graham told Fox News' "Justice" with Jeanine Pirro on Saturday night.<<<

Oh Lindsey, what do you think the GOP is now?  It's not a political party but a cult. A cult meant to serve this wishes of one man, Dear Leader  Kim Jong Trump.

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I will never understand how people look at this dumb **** and think, "yeah, he's a great leader."

Remember a Daily Show bit.  Jon quoted some GOP bigwig who said Putin was a Great Leader.  "Because he just does things, and everybody reacts."  

Jon's response was "He does things, and everybody reacts?  That's not a leader.  That's a todler."  

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

I will never understand how people look at this dumb **** and think, "yeah, he's a great leader."

I think the same, but with politicians historically screwing things up so badly for so long in conjunction with him playing the 'not a politician' character so hard, he's led a lot of these people to believe that they can't trust news sources.  Literally the only thing he's done well is brainwash his base into believing what he has to say.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think the same, but with politicians historically screwing things up so badly for so long in conjunction with him playing the 'not a politician' character so hard, he's led a lot of these people to believe that they can't trust news sources.  Literally the only thing he's done well is brainwash his base into believing what he has to say.

"Done well" is an understatement.People are literally poisoning themselves because they believe him and the government can do nothing but watch because hes got them too. It honestly would be impressive if it wasn't my country he was skull ****ing like a junior prom date.Until him, it wasnt even seen as possible to do something like this. Now, all bets are off. Im worried about what comes next and you have him to thank for that. 

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't blame this on Trump, the Repubs have been feeding venom to their base for decades, Trump is the result, not the cause.

Funny, I was VERY vocal about this kinda **** when Saint Ronnie the Oblivious was tottering around the Oval Office and people gave me the side eye. The air traffic controllers, the response to AIDS, the deregulation-at-any-cost frenzy, the signs were there.

7 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I don't blame this on Trump, the Repubs have been feeding venom to their base for decades, Trump is the result, not the cause.

Funny, I was VERY vocal about this kinda **** when Saint Ronnie the Oblivious was tottering around the Oval Office and people gave me the side eye. The air traffic controllers, the response to AIDS, the deregulation-at-any-cost frenzy, the signs were there.

Kinda funny how they tout Ronnie as the best president, he's definitely considered the best GOP pres by the GOP...they've always had low standards.

19 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

What's interesting is that when you point out that Reagan's position on several thins like gun control, immigration and others were more aligned with democrats am told that Reagan was really a stupid democrat. So the St Ronnie position for Reagan seems to be shifting. 

It shows we have been pulled right for the last 50 yrs so that what should be moderate positions are now called extreme left. The right have done a good job of framing a very much us against them while democrats have toiled along without noticing. 

Republicans have a few issues that make voters one issue voters due to emotion - 2nd amendment, abortion, and immigration. 

What have democrats come up with? Health care is the only one but they have done such poor case that you still get silly questions like "How will we pay for it?" They should be able to kill republicans on this issue and while they are making headway are still poor at making the argument. 

Buncha great posts above. I really think more and more people are starting to see that the Dems are a center-right party and the Repubs something else entirely.

Re. Saint Reagan, I remember the summer of 1983 (I was 13) my Mom was doing some educational work for Unesco, and me and my sis got to travel with her a bit. One of the places we went was Grenada. I vividly remember it was like paradise. And in the fall, during the invasion, Reagan justified U.S. military flexing with the standard iron curtain rhetoric. That was when the scales really fell from my eyes, because I'd seen first-hand that this was an outright lie.

And then, aside from 2 recessions and Iran-Contra, the fact that this jack*** gave his first major 1980 campaign speech in Neshoba County, MS, just a few miles from where civil rights activists had been murdered, and made the speech about "states rights"? All I need to know.

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He hasn't led them to this, they've been there a long long time. He is the end game of a long running propaganda war to completely separate the critically thoughtless core GOPer from reality.
fox news and the entirety of the right wing media have been eroding trust in the "MSM" since they began.  it is one of the first pillars of authoritarianism / fascism..  sever all trust in any voice other than our own. Only we will tell you the truth. And they have been practicing it for decades. 
You will not find a fox news consumer that doesn't completely mistrust everyone they are told to mistrust, because if there was a person who did get their news from Fox and looked elsewhere for further info, they soon became aware of how much Fox lies and distorts. if they were there voting for Donald Trump, you can bet a dollar they have not gotten news from any other source but the bull**** factories of the right wing media for years. 

They were brainwashed already..  he is taking full advantage of it. 

~Bang

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

What's interesting is that when you point out that Reagan's position on several thins like gun control, immigration and others were more aligned with democrats am told that Reagan was really a stupid democrat. So the St Ronnie position for Reagan seems to be shifting. 

It shows we have been pulled right for the last 50 yrs so that what should be moderate positions are now called extreme left. The right have done a good job of framing a very much us against them while democrats have toiled along without noticing. 

Republicans have a few issues that make voters one issue voters due to emotion - 2nd amendment, abortion, and immigration. 

What have democrats come up with? Health care is the only one but they have done such poor case that you still get silly questions like "How will we pay for it?" They should be able to kill republicans on this issue and while they are making headway are still poor at making the argument. 

I'm gonna dispute part of this. There are policies in this country that have definitely moved left and become mainstream. Two major ones are Climate Change (Global warming really cause I hate the term climate change) and Gay Rights. Thinking about it more, I'm not sure if the country has really moved right at all in the mainstream or it's simply some policies that the GOP, by way of gerrymandering and voter suppression, has put upon people that make it appear to be moving right. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm gonna dispute part of this. There are policies in this country that have definitely moved left and become mainstream. Two major ones are Climate Change (Global warming really cause I hate the term climate change) and Gay Rights. Thinking about it more, I'm not sure if the country has really moved right at all in the mainstream or it's simply some policies that the GOP, by way of gerrymandering and voter suppression, has put upon people that make it appear to be moving right. 

Every major economic hub of this country is liberal. If we didn’t have a goofy electoral college system, the GOP likely would not have won a presidential election dating back to 1992. 

This country is slow to progress because the GOP keeps winning presidential elections despite being the minority party. They have been consistently rejected by a majority of the American public again and again.  And we’re well on the way to Trump being a generational stain, so even that advantage is probably going away soon. 

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

There are bright spots. And just becasue overall the country has moved right does not mean everything has moved right. However, the attack on gay rights is a full anslaught with this administration. Our current VP once funded conversion therapy. Just like racism, LBGT hate was just better hidden and have now raised thier ugly heads and enabled by this administration.

Climate Change (not to be argumentative - I actually hate Global Warming - as that implies rising temperatures where climate change implies a more widespread change in our environment but that is just me.) is also considered a far left idea. It is attacked by the right with many in the so called middle saying yea it's a hoax. 

I do agree that policy has also moved right through gerrymandering and voter suppression as you stated. COuld not agree more. But make no mistake many who call themselves "independent" would have been considered conservative in the Reagan years. 

It seems for every step forward we take 2 to 3 steps back. 

Some have suggested and hey they could be right - that this is really the last gasp of far right conservatism. It's their hail mary. Maybe so. And if so let's hope it's incomplete at best! Maybe even draw a personal foul or so...  🙂 

Archived