Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

On 2/11/2019 at 12:27 PM, Llevron said:

Look at how the liberals respond to Buzz (conservative) and Tshile (conservative) compared to how they respond to you. Its not because the libs disagree with you. It because of the way you present yourself in large part. And im not the first person to point this out to you. You ignored or didnt understand the first time. If you do it again people are never gonna take you seriously. Actually this is the second time I have said this to you myself. So....yea

Yes people disagree with you. Many of them disagree with me too. Its not because they are libs/"dimms" 

How am I presenting myself any differently than anyone else on this thread?  I'm not being toxic, I'm calling anyone names, and I'm not stating something that is an un-truth.  Yes, I've been told to avoid caps and try to respond to posts in one single post, which I'm still trying to figure out, but that's it.  What I can see is comments from people based on the perceived "time I've been on here", "being a noob", less than 100 posts, etc.  That shouldn't make any difference at all when it comes to discussing a topic.  I've been a participant on this site for longer than my profile suggests.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:34 PM, Skin'emAlive said:

Why are you all even attempting to continue that conversation? Just put on the ignore list and move on. It’s a throwaway account that was created only to troll. How is treating any discussion with legitimacy with what you would describe as a “bot“ on any other message board worth anyone’s time? 

I've told you I'm not trolling at all.  Just because I don't have a million posts doesn't mean I haven't been following the site for years.  That seems to be the main reason why I'm getting some of the responses that I am, the tone, I assume you're all thinking I'm just a troll, a noob, whatever.  Well, I am not.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Blowing off people who respond to misinformation as just “trump haters” is a start:::

Uh, who did that?

On 2/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The only reason that your kids can’t afford Obamacare is because Republicans stripped the bill of its teeth by getting rid of the penalty for not having insurance 

That's not it at all.  My daughters had health insurance prior to ACA but when ACA became a thing the companies they worked for decided to join, hence their plans changed.  Prior to ACA they had comparable yearly deductables as I do, $500-750 a year.  Once they were switched over to the ACA plan their deductable went up to $5k, making getting sick something they can't afford to do anymore.  It has nothing to do with the penalty once paid for not participating in the first place.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, tshile said:

Also there’s a difference between having a different opinion and having a terrible opinion. 

I see you and a couple others saying the same thing.  "Different" vs "terrible" opinion.  How are my opinions "terrible" when I'm simply stating how I feel on a particular topic?  Is it because you feel I'm a newbie on this particular thread with less than x posts?  I'm seriously trying to understand this because I do want to have meaningful conversation on this thread as we get closer to the 2020 elections.  I'm not trying to bait people, I'm not a troll, I'm just a retired gov't worker that cares for what happens next, I'm assuming like we all do.

16 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

How am I presenting myself any differently than anyone else on this thread? 

In my opinion, some of your older posts did little to add to the conversation.  That is what people are referring to.  You have definetly improved recently in my eyes.  Also, and I know this isn't your fault, but this site has had a number of Trump supporters do drive by trolling and leave.  It's happened enough that this becomes the default position towards Trump supporters.  You can overcome that and be part of real discussion here.  You just need to present yourself well.  Things like "Dimms" and such hurt you, not help you.  And that is not only here, but in any good adult debate.

25 minutes ago, Force1958 said:

I see you and a couple others saying the same thing.  "Different" vs "terrible" opinion.  How are my opinions "terrible" when I'm simply stating how I feel on a particular topic? 

Your opinions are terrible because they are regurgitated talking points that are factually untrue and have been proven as so many times before. That you don't recognize that implies that you either are not seeking that truth or simply do not care. They are also contradictory and hypocritical when compared to other opinions that you also share. 

"I don't like spaghetti because it's messy" is a different opinion.

"I don't like spaghetti because it turns people into garlic bread" is a terrible opinion. 

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

In my opinion, some of your older posts did little to add to the conversation.  That is what people are referring to.  You have definetly improved recently in my eyes.  Also, and I know this isn't your fault, but this site has had a number of Trump supporters do drive by trolling and leave.  It's happened enough that this becomes the default position towards Trump supporters.  You can overcome that and be part of real discussion here.  You just need to present yourself well.  Things like "Dimms" and such hurt you, not help you.  And that is not only here, but in any good adult debate.

Thanks for the honest feedback.  I'm not going anywhere and would like to contribute to the discussion.  I know I didn't come off well in the beginning and I'll quit using "trigger" terms and phrases in the future.  It's too bad about the previous Trump supporters and the reaction they got, but if they were in to comment and run then they deserved what they got.

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Your opinions are terrible because they are regurgitated talking points that are factually untrue and have been proven as so many times before. That you don't recognize that implies that you either are not seeking that truth or simply do not care. They are also contradictory and hypocritical when compared to other opinions that you also share. 

Thanks for the feedback as well, and dammit I should have used the + to respond to both of you.  Oh well.  I'll try and do better when providing specific facts.  The problem is, and I'm sure you're aware of it, the places to get information these days is becoming few and far between, at least those with a track record one can trust.  I'm definitely a conservative and will always respond with that in mind.  I cross the line on a couple issues but will state that from now on, crossing the line on being less than conservative I mean.  Back to places where people gather information.  I know both Fox and CNN are biased, as well as are a number of the other major news networks.  Where do you all get your information in the first place that isn't biased in one way or the other?

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Where are you seeing this?

Twitter, obviously.  :ols:  Which is talking about the following article, which I put zero stock in (especially since the author refers to himself in the third person), but hope that an outlet I find credible does some digging and finds some **** out.

https://spectator.us/mr-cohen-washington/

There are rumors, too, of Trump mistresses paid to have abortions and kept quiet with non-disclosure agreements. One source tells ****burn that there could be as many as eight such women. (****burn should point out that Trump has been the subject of rumors about secret abortions for years, and has admitted no such thing.) But this is more than merely sad and sordid: if any such payments were made while Trump was running for President, there could be new campaign finance violations, all felony offenses. Cohen was said to have handled all this. 

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

"I don't like spaghetti because it's messy" is a different opinion.

"I don't like spaghetti because it turns people into garlic bread" is a terrible opinion. 

I don't like spaghetti because an Italian guy ****ed my wife and a Mexican took my job - Trump supporter

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Why would that be shocking? He probably did. His supporters will buy whatever excuse he gives.

Or they just won’t care. They’re real good at putting their morals to the side if they come in conflict with him. 

1 hour ago, Force1958 said:

How am I presenting myself any differently than anyone else on this thread?  I'm not being toxic, I'm calling anyone names, and I'm not stating something that is an un-truth. 

If you are stating the truth, back it with sources. Opinions aren’t “the truth”.

That's not it at all.  My daughters had health insurance prior to ACA but when ACA became a thing the companies they worked for decided to join, hence their plans changed.  Prior to ACA they had comparable yearly deductables as I do, $500-750 a year.  Once they were switched over to the ACA plan their deductable went up to $5k, making getting sick something they can't afford to do anymore.  It has nothing to do with the penalty once paid for not participating in the first place.

Your math doesn’t seem right. I pay for health insurance out of my own pocket and make around 70k/year... my monthly premium under ACA is 430/mo and $2500 deductible.

It all has to do with the Penalty. More people paying in, less the average cost is for everyone. You get rid of the penalty you get rid of the inventive to buy in, you have less people paying in, the higher the average cost is for everyone.

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

Or they just won’t care. They’re real good at putting their morals to the side if they come in conflict with him. 

They should instead side with the ones that approve of everyone but Trump doing it?

Why should they care other than to disapprove of choices made.

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Gee sounds like a single payer universal healthcare system would have helped some people's kids. Too bad US neocon have **** on that concept for the last 25 years.

How long have Schip, medicaid and community health clinics been around for kids?

9 minutes ago, twa said:

How long have Schip, medicaid and community health clinics been around for kids?

No idea. My reference to kids in that post wasn't about their age but rather a colloquial term used for anyone's children, no matter the age.

Edit...I found that now that I'm in my middle 40s..I can anyone a kid that is younger than me. 👴

34 minutes ago, twa said:

They should instead side with the ones that approve of everyone but Trump doing it?

Why should they care other than to disapprove of choices made.

They don’t have to side with anyone else. 

I think their disapproval will be mild.

but let’s wait and see if it’s true first, and how they respond second. 

58 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Granted, obviously rumors, but for the sake of discussion; would him paying of women to shut up about abortions be the thing that finally alienates him from the base?

These people would let him grab their children and throw them in a blender if he said all their bones would be used to build a wall.

Nothing will ever alienate him from them. The entire GOP could turn on him and his core supporters will still be there, **** crumbling around them, bombs going off, talking about some "Lock her up! 😐"

They care about nothing but him (not even their own lives), or are so stupid they actually don't know just how insanely ****ed they are now, and going forward

I'd be utterly shocked if a philandering adulterer of a so-called billionaire living high off the hog and always trying to be around women did NOT pay for at least a half dozen abortions.
i mean, may as well ask me if i believe that hair of his isn't covering up a bald head.

I'd say the odds are 99.9% that he has, and 99.9% that it, again, won't matter to his herd. There is no bottom.

~Bang

7 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'd be utterly shocked if a philandering adulterer of a so-called billionaire living high off the hog and always trying to be around women did NOT pay for at least a half dozen abortions.
i mean, may as well ask me if i believe that hair of his isn't covering up a bald head.

I'd say the odds are 99.9% that he has, and 99.9% that it, again, won't matter to his herd. There is no bottom.

~Bang

I think we should just go with "Many people are saying that he has forced Women he's had affairs with into having abortions. Sometimes promising to pay for it, but then not even doing that. Dozens of times. Maybe more. Who can say? It's quite a scandal"

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Tangential to that... man, has Michael Avenatti ever dropped off the face of the earth.

Well, he screwed the pooch on the Cavanaugh hearings when he put forward that one woman with the frankly ridiculous stories about rape parties who subsequently recanted once an FBI investigation was opened.  I think he knows it will be impossible to bring up any new allegations against anybody withou having his credibility attacked now.

Archived