Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

It's almost like all these people wrongly-viewed Obama as a "left-wing cultish figure" so when Trump came along they felt obliged to actually make him their version of their made up version of what Obama was.  That and.....the racism stuff sort of helped.

Also a good lesson in why populism can be a dangerous thing. 

Point of order...

If you guys expect @Force1958 to engage in rational discussion, and not make drive by comments, it would help if when he does comment that 85 of you not immediately pile on with pages of response. It takes a fair amount of time and effort to respond thoughtfully to even one or two arguments, and at the moment there are a lot more Trump detractors than Trump supporters, and piling on creates a situation where he either has to ignore you or use short oneliners, both of which amount to "drive by trolling" from a certain point of view.

I'm not saying we should name a designated champion, but maybe if you see that 3 people have already responded, give it a rest? Maybe vent somewhere else, or not in direct response.

I mean... if you actually want a Trump supporter to engage.

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ooooh man, I hope this "Trump paid for a bunch of abortions" thing turns out to be a real thing.  

someone, with megabucks like Bezos, needs to guarantee the women who signed non-disclosure agreements about their abortions that they will pay these women's penalties. Because we know it's true.

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Its sad that the "life isn't fair, and anyone who tells you it should be is the bad guy" thing is so real in the Republican party now. 

WTF is wrong with Republicans? They've lost their minds.

6 minutes ago, techboy said:

I'm not saying we should name a designated champion, but maybe if you see that 3 people have already responded, give it a rest? Maybe vent somewhere else, or not in direct response.

There are folks who will debate a policy or topic and try to link to real sources. Then there are trolls. That's why this site has a great ignore function. Unless you're looking to just fight with trolls. Use it. 

58 minutes ago, techboy said:

Point of order...

If you guys expect @Force1958 to engage in rational discussion, and not make drive by comments, it would help if when he does comment that 85 of you not immediately pile on with pages of response. It takes a fair amount of time and effort to respond thoughtfully to even one or two arguments, and at the moment there are a lot more Trump detractors than Trump supporters, and piling on creates a situation where he either has to ignore you or use short oneliners, both of which amount to "drive by trolling" from a certain point of view.

Good point.  So many others have been run off.  It's rare to see one here in the wild. 

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Yanno, it's OT a bit but I have to say, if y'all somehow take Force and lead him into being a constructive member of the conversation here I am going to be SERIOUSLY impressed

And that'll take way too much work. 

I'll just say what I said to Cousins Cowgirl...if you get quoted a bunch in any other thread than the RTT, it's probably not a good thing. (And I think it's chipwhich again.)

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The only thing less surprising than finding out Trump paid for abortions of multiple mistresses/gf's would be listening to his evangelist followers make excuses and explain that it's no big deal.

nh8qy45dgiav-carey-mulligan.jpg

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The only thing less surprising than finding out Trump paid for abortions of multiple mistresses/gf's would be listening to his evangelist followers make excuses and explain that it's no big deal.

This is the only reason I want it to turn into a thing.  Obviously, it won't impact Trump at all.  But it will be fun to watch Focus on the Family guy and Liberty University guy do Gumby things.  

3 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

There are folks who will debate a policy or topic and try to link to real sources. Then there are trolls. That's why this site has a great ignore function. Unless you're looking to just fight with trolls. Use it. 

To be blunt, I don't see any value in engaging in political conversation with a Trump supporter.

That being noted, others here have at least expressed interest in this, and I'm just pointing out that it's way too much effort for most people to simultaneously engage 5 or more people, at least meaningfully.

I know this, because I've done it, and will do it, for topics I care about, but it requires far more time and effort than most people would or should be expected to expend.

So, if genuine conversation is the stated goal, cooperation of the mob will be required.

Otherwise, he'll probably get frustrated and leave, and the pack of piranhas will go back to circling until the next carcass "drives by".

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

(And I think it's chipwhich again.)

Oh, we can find that out pretty quickly.

Hey @Force1958... A broadly diversified portfolio of index funds is the best way to approach investing. Anything else is suboptimal. Thoughts?

(This is the chipwich equivalent of toons and the "Shave and a Haircut" knock)

3 hours ago, techboy said:

... and if I just want to witness their terrible regurgitated and blatantly false ideals ( all under false pretense of conversation) crushed, and humiliated?

Trolling is what moves this propaganda. Hasn’t everyone figured this out yet? 

12 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wheres a rolls eyes emoji when you need one...

Now, that sounded more like chip, but without the part about how really charming he is...and that was a joke...if you weren't here before he had a few accounts banned, consider yourself lucky. ✌

Archived