Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This real? 

IMG_20181012_091145.jpg

No I don't see it in his archive. That said, it's a good fake because it's plausible.

There is a tweet from him that day I agree with. I guess that stupid squirrel on his head does have a semblance of intelligence every now and then (even if I'm positive he meant something totally different by it).

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

No I don't see it in his archive. That said, it's a good fake because it's plausible.

Pretty sure I've seen it before. 

Although that hat doesn't mean it's not a fake somebody made up a month ago. 

File this under Trump not giving a **** about the military despite his claims.

You may or may not know, there is a relatively new law called the Military Lending Act which protects our servicemembers and their families by, among other things, capping the amount of interest they can be charged on loans and prohibiting certain practices that tend to harm people that get sent overseas for long periods of time.  

Anyways, Trump's CFPB has decided not to bother with checking to make sure financial companies are complying with the law, stating that the Dodd Frank Act, which created the CFPB but was enacted before the Military Lending Act was created, doesn't specifically give the CFPB the authority to enforce it.  

https://www.americanbanker.com/news/pentagon-others-baffled-by-cfpb-plan-to-cease-military-lending-exams

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's decision to stop examining financial firms for compliance with the Military Lending Act has sparked pushback not only from lawmakers and consumer advocates but also from the Defense Department and every major group representing military service members.

Acting CFPB Director Mick Mulvaney's claim that the Dodd-Frank Act does not give the bureau statutory authority to enforce the Military Lending Act is a major reversal from the Obama administration. As reported by several news outlets, Mulvaney has argued further legislation is needed to provide that authority.

But roughly 30 military and veterans groups are opposed to the supervisory rollback. The Department of Defense says it was not consulted on the bureau’s decision and remains committed to the current law, which imposes a 36% annual percentage interest rate cap for active-duty military members and their dependents.

Kantwill, who led an interagency rulemaking to close loopholes for payday lenders in the MLA, said the bureau's decision "is a breach of faith to service members.” Regulators should be proactively concerned about protecting service members, he said, "because financial readiness is a principle of military readiness.”

A Defense Department report in 2015 found that thousands of military personnel every year end up losing their security clearances because of compromised finances. High-cost credit forces thousands of service members out of the armed services, hampers recruitment, and costs the Defense Department up to $132 million a year, the report said.

Kantwill met frequently with troops and top military leaders who have expressed concern about service members losing their security clearances.

"It's a big issue and an operational issue for the force," he said.

Archived