Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Trump lost the popular vote, Russians are confirmed to have orchestrated a PR campaign in Trump's favor utilizing hacks of American institutions, he never released his taxes, nor has he removed himself from his business conflicts, etc. etc. etc.

This is an incredibly poignant passage and something that deserves to be repeated.  This is Trump in a nutshell and why I am dumbfounded that people continue to support him.

If Lewis' goal was to bait Trump into attacking him before a big weekend for civil rights folks. I guess it worked. Still think it would be a stupid strategy. We get it. He's a thin-skinned snowflake who can't take criticism. 

The Flynn stuff is what worries me more than anything. The guy sounds like an Russian Operative. Who is he really working for?

5 hours ago, tshile said:

John Lewis is a piece of garbage

Fun watching the left act like the right after 8 years of ****ing about how the right acted

Politics has become a pathetic joke

Your piece of garbage is my hero. Though respected them, I was never a fan of the civil rights icons as I felt they were too soft. I was and remain much more a Malcolm X kinda guy. That said, Lewis is the only one of what is basically a sniveling bunch of punks to stand up and tell the truth. After this, my respect for him went off the charts. The Dems are going to have to learn to stop playing nice by the old rules if they ever expect to be relevant again. 

Quite frankly I couldn't care any less what people on the right think about it. The man told the truth. Your calling him garbage says he's on the right path. Good for him. Now contrast that with coons like Steve Harvey showing up to fellate Dump and give him a minstrel show. Now THERE'S your garbage.

4 hours ago, tshile said:

Yup. It's why I stopped calling myself a Republican. I stopped voting for them because of this, and the shut down the government bs, and in general the decision the gridlocking congress was an appropriate response to Obama winning.

Then you're gonna love his pick to head OMB. Let's see how not raising the debt ceiling and defaulting goes. Fun times!

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Too bad you made a decision based on something that never happened. Sure there were fringe elements and wacko's like that (Trump) but the vast majority of the GOP (and I mean vast) never denied Obama's legitimacy.  The claim now that they did is just part of the need to make Obama a victim (and Democrats in general as well). 

Oh please. Most of them lapped that crap up like a thirsty dog. Certainly not all of them did but it was far from a minority opinion among them. So to use the same standard for terrorism with the Moozelums, where was the mass outpouring of GOP support for Obama's citizenship to refute these claims? There were a few. However many of those did so with a wink, content to use birtherism for their own political gain. Mostly all we heard about from them for the last 8 years was variations on the theme "He's a Kenyan terrorist Moozelum." 

50 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Quite frankly I couldn't care any less what people on the right think about it. The man told the truth. Your calling him garbage says he's on the right path. Good for him. Now contrast that with coons like Steve Harvey showing up to fellate Dump and give him a minstrel show. Now THERE'S your garbage.

What about Jim Brown, Ray Lewis, and Darrell Scott, are they coons too?  These guys are throwing aside personal feelings and going directly to the POTUS and pitching ideas to fix the issues in the inner city, who else is doing that?  They have received verbals agreements from the POTUS to move forward with Jim Browns business model and whether you like it or not Trump has the connections to get these ideas funded either privately, governmentally or both.

I'm glad we are finally starting to see prominent African Americans throw out the whining and excuse making and come forward with real solutions for the inner cities.  This is how you start to fix the problem.

Meanwhile, back with Trump and his appointments:  

WaPo: Head of D.C. National Guard to be removed from post in middle of inauguration

The Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and has an integral part in overseeing the inauguration said Friday that he will be removed from command effective at 12:01 p.m. Jan. 20, just as Donald Trump is sworn in as president.  

Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s departure will come in the middle of the presidential ceremony — classified as a national special security event — and while thousands of his troops are deployed to help protect the nation’s capital during an inauguration he has spent months helping to plan.  

“The timing is extremely unusual,” Schwartz said in an interview Friday morning, confirming a memo announcing his ouster that was obtained by The Washington Post. During the inauguration, Schwartz will command not only members of the D.C. Guard but also 5,000 unarmed troops dispatched from across the country to help. He also will oversee military air support protecting Washington during the inauguration.

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

Too bad you made a decision based on something that never happened. Sure there were fringe elements and wacko's like that (Trump) but the vast majority of the GOP (and I mean vast) never denied Obama's legitimacy.  The claim now that they did is just part of the need to make Obama a victim (and Democrats in general as well). 

http://www.mediaite.com/online/new-poll-shows-that-41-of-republicans-still-dont-think-obama-was-born-in-the-u-s/

"According to a new NBC News/SurveyMonkey poll, seventy-two percent of registered Republicans “still doubt” the President’s place of birth. Forty-one percent outright disagreed with the statement, “Barack Obama was born in the United States,” while only twenty-seven percent of Republicans agree."

Aug 2016.

41% in 2016 is fringe?  It isn't a majority, but that seems to go well beyond fringe to me.

2 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

What about Jim Brown, Ray Lewis, and Darrell Scott, are they coons too?  These guys are throwing aside personal feelings and going directly to the POTUS and pitching ideas to fix the issues in the inner city, who else is doing that?  They have received verbals agreements from the POTUS to move forward with Jim Browns business model and whether you like it or not Trump has the connections to get these ideas funded either privately, governmentally or both.

I'm glad we are finally starting to see prominent African Americans throw out the whining and excuse making and come forward with real solutions for the inner cities.  This is how you start to fix the problem.

Given his civil rights record, advancing age, and likely history of head injuries, I can give Jim Brown the benefit of the doubt. Ray "Shiv in the ribs" Lewis I've never liked and has always been a clownish figure but I'll withhold judgement for now. Darrel Scott however is well known as a pimp preacher and yes, a coon. So the very act of just meeting with an imbecilic schmuck like Dump doesn't make one a coon. Being a coon does.

I rarely ever use that term in mixed company. Even Clarence Uncle Thomas I'll only refer to as an Uncle Tom. However Harvey was long known among many black folks as a coon. However this one sealed the deal. Perhaps now, he'll be known as such by most. 

As for the imbecile himself, I find it interesting that as far as we know, he's only met with black folks who fit his stereotype of what we're capable of, i.e. athletes, singers/rappers, comedians, etc. The one exception, Carson, wasn't considered for his area of (alleged) expertise but for HUD. "He's one of the blacks so of course he knows about the ghetto" ? More importantly and noticeably absent were any reports of discussions addressing the so-called criminal justice system, housing discrimination, education and health disparities, etc. As far as I've heard, all Dump as reportedly said to them is that he's got a plan to bring jobs. As always though, no specifics. So though I don't think they're coons just for meeting with him, at the very least they're all certainly guilty of being part of the sanitizing of Dump for white folks. **** all of 'em for that. 

2 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

You forgot Don King. 

(i always enjoy white people breaking down the Black community. A community that doesn't exist outside of TV for a lot of them. Of course Steve Harvey should be revered then.) 

5 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

You forgot Don King. 

(i always enjoy white people breaking down the Black community. A community that doesn't exist outside of TV for a lot of them. Of course Steve Harvey should be revered then.) 

Ain't you are white boy?.....check your privilege ?

It don't rub off :silly:

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

I've joked, and been serious, about violence being ok in certain situations, but at the inauguration would not be good. It would be a bad thing for everyone.

It would be a very very bad way to start things off for sure. I hope for everyone involved it doesn't. 

I also ain't leaving my house the entire weekend. **** that ****. 

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Trump is still going after Congressman Lewis.

Dude just can't help himself......

He is redefining presidential for an entire generation.  Poli-Pseudo-Christians must have ripped out that portion of the Bible where Jesus taught to turn the other cheek.  So-called Christians leaders lining up to support Trump :rolleyes:

As for John Lewis, when I think of an appropriate term to describe that civil rights hero, garbage is about the last thing that comes to mind.

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

He is redefining presidential for an entire generation.  Poli-Pseudo-Christians must have ripped out that portion of the Bible where Jesus taught to turn the other cheek.  So-called Christians leaders lining up to support Trump :rolleyes:

As for John Lewis, when I think of an appropriate term to describe that civil rights hero, garbage is about the last thing that comes to mind.

I think this be one of the biggest stories of the Trump presidency. I think it will continue to drive younger generations away from religion as leaders attempt to justify support for Trump. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I think this be one of the biggest stories of the Trump presidency. I think it will continue to drive younger generations away from religion as leaders attempt to justify support for Trump. 

It's the silver lining of the evangelical right. There's no need for atheists to proselytize with these guys around.

10 hours ago, Larry said:

Meanwhile, back with Trump and his appointments:  

WaPo: Head of D.C. National Guard to be removed from post in middle of inauguration

Followup:  

Snopes: D.C. National Guard Commander to Step Down on Inauguration Day

Sure looks like it's a voluntary resignation, not a "Trump's big show of firing everybody is a stupid move" story.  

Unlike state National Guard commanders, the District of Columbia commanding general is a presidential appointee, so it is the President-elect's prerogative to replace him. And while Schwartz wasn't the only one to question the timing — “It doesn’t make sense to can the general in the middle of an active deployment,” Democratic D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson told The Washington Post — all presidential appointments, including D.C. National Guard commander, are either renewed or expire as of noon on the day the new president is inaugurated.  

According to a report from WUSA9 News, spokesmen for the Defense Department and National Guard said Schwartz was offered additional time to transition out of the post, but turned it down:

I read that WaPo article Larry and my take on it was that Dump or someone in his administration wanted to replace him. It's SOP for an appointee like him to send a resignation letter which the POTUS can accept or not. The way I read it, they chose to accept his resignation but wanted him to stay on a few days after the inauguration and Schwartz, probably not happy at being replaced said no.

23 hours ago, tshile said:

You sure you don't want to accuse me of voting for trump again?

That was fun

What's the difference now? You're defending him just as much as his supporters do. So at this point you're one in the same, you can say that you didn't vote for Trump but at least I posted undeniable proof of who I voted for. Where's your proof?

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

What's the difference now? You're defending him just as much as his supporters do. So at this point you're one in the same, you can say that you didn't vote for Trump but at least I posted undeniable proof of who I voted for. Where's your proof?

That's not really a fair demand.  In my state we aren't allowed to photograph our ballots.  How would you like me to prove it?  I didn't vote for Trump but have been known to defend him when the situation warranted .

Archived