Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Remember when Tshile used to roll into the campaign thread and relentlessly bash Hillary under the guise of providing "balance" to the discussion?  He was loathe to ever criticize Trump because the board was already on that case.

Now, look at this mornings discussion..."garbage", "pathetic", ""hypocrite", etc.  The word "surrogate" comes to mind...and that's cool.

Its as plain as the nose on your face, gang.  Just know what you're dealing with and save yourself a lot of aggravation.

someone was highlighting the dems willingness to waive the law for mattis as them being willing to work with trump, compared to the gop. Last count I saw 150 dems voted against the waiver in the house.

(I don't think voting against the waiver is a bad thing, I don't have a problem asking them to follow the law, just pointing out they aren't exactly voting overwhelming for it to show support...)

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

He was loathe to ever criticize Trump because the board was already on that case.

I liked posts criticising him rather than repeat them. I did say plenty of bad things about trump, including that he was unqualified, and moronic. I also liked several of zoony's posts about how White trash is how trump was getting elected.

'Loathe to ever criticize trump' doesn't quite line up with reality, but you've been having a problem with perceiving reality lately. I'm sure one day you'll figure it out.

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

I liked posts criticising him rather than repeat them. I did say plenty of bad things about trump, including that he was unqualified, and moronic. I also liked several of zoony's posts about how White trash is how trump was getting elected.

'Loathe to ever criticize trump' doesn't quite line up with reality, but you've been having a problem with perceiving reality lately. I'm sure one day you'll figure it out.

Note the reflexive and consistent desire to belittle anyone who disagrees with him.  Remind y'all of anyone?

I periodically meet other lawyers with far right ideologies, and I just don't know how they managed to get through law school.

They, like many conservatives in this thread, are totally and completely incapable of distinguishing two different sets of facts and circumstances, and for attorneys, that's like pretty much the most important thing we do (other than not screw up procedural stuff).  I'm not sure how they have practices.

I will say I think Rep. Lewis goes too far.

But the GOP called Obama an illegitimate president despite a scandal-free victory with large margins in both the popular and electoral vote.  The one thing that dragged on was birtherism, which had its roots in a combination of politicization and racism, and had no actual basis in fact.  The Intel community never treated birtherism even remotely legitimately, nor should it have.

Trump lost the popular vote, Russians are confirmed to have orchestrated a PR campaign in Trump's favor utilizing hacks of American institutions, he never released his taxes, nor has he removed himself from his business conflicts, etc. etc. etc.

The fact that we can talk about the possibility of impeachment, and not have it be just some fevered notions but rather based on actual activities from within the IC which, I think we can all agree, is still unraveling the situation with Trump, does suggest that there is at least a real possibility of his presidency being cut short.  Possibly very short.

Does that make him illegitimate?  I wouldn't go that far yet, and so I do think Lewis goes a tad far, at the moment.

But where the GOP based their attacks on Obama on nothing, Lewis bases his attack on quite a bit more.

Let's not falsely equate them.

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

But the GOP called Obama an illegitimate president despite a scandal-free victory with large margins in both the popular and electoral vote.

Yup. It's why I stopped calling myself a Republican. I stopped voting for them because of this, and the shut down the government bs, and in general the decision the gridlocking congress was an appropriate response to Obama winning.

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Again, the Right elected a drunk to drive the car, and you want us to just sit in the back seat and be fine with that. For all that Obama is, he was not an irresponsible drunken loudmouthed bully. But you guys just fatalistically sit in your seats and accept the Moron in Chief. 

Do not ask us to do the same. If you had elected at minimum a fully functioning adult I'd have said "lets get on with business." But you elected a tantrum throwing troll.

I DID NOT vote for him. I have a 6 year old daughter. 

But Trump was elected. He is the legitimately elected President of the United States. You don't have to like it, but you have to accept it. 

it would not shock me in the slightest if trump is unable to discern the differences in value and public opinion on sending money/resources to Africa to help with aids, and sending money/(military)resources to Saudi Arabia, Israel, Pakistan, and india. Or, even further, money sent to Mexico while their government has shown no desire nor ability to help with the immigration and drug smuggling concerns.

He heard "stop sending money over seas to waste, we have problems here" and his team's first move is to go after AIDS money in africa.

The most important thing I learned over the last 8 years is that whenever a person of one race questions or disagrees with a person of another race in politics it is ALWAYS racist.  

So come on. You guys all know what's really motivating Lewis.  He just can't accept a white man as President. 

8 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The most important thing I learned over the last 8 years is that whenever a person of one race questions or disagrees with a person of another race in politics it is ALWAYS racist.  

So come on. You guys all know what's really motivating Lewis.  He just can't accept a white man as President. 

That's so ignorant and small of you.

I think he's just a staunch Democrat and like many, including some here, is so incredibly pissed Trump won (and what Trump winning says to him) he doesn't care about being a statesman. He just wants to put Trump on blast and use his platform to do so.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Yup. It's why I stopped calling myself a Republican. I stopped voting for them because of this, and the shut down the government bs, and in general the decision the gridlocking congress was an appropriate response to Obama winning.

Too bad you made a decision based on something that never happened. Sure there were fringe elements and wacko's like that (Trump) but the vast majority of the GOP (and I mean vast) never denied Obama's legitimacy.  The claim now that they did is just part of the need to make Obama a victim (and Democrats in general as well). 

Archived