Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

15 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

What's the difference now? You're defending him just as much as his supporters do. So at this point you're one in the same, you can say that you didn't vote for Trump but at least I posted undeniable proof of who I voted for. Where's your proof?

He's not required to offer you any proof at all of who he voted for.  As you well know.  

It's none of your business.  

Now, if you want to continue beating him up for the way he's spend what seems like months, trying to twist himself into various contortions, to try to push the case that what's going on here is equivalent to Trump's predecessors, ("But, if you just use vauge enough phrases, who can find a phrase that applies to both"), then have fun.  (But it's getting old.  The point's been made.)  

44 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

read the entire thread 

It will be very interesting to see Flynn/NSC/Bannon vs. Mattis/DoD/Intel.

One side will be actively working with Russia and undercutting our long standing alliances, while the other side will be trying to keep those long standing alliances strong and undercut the other side to prevent them from doing too much damage.

If Trump would just fire Bannon and Flynn, his cabinet would improve like 10 times over immediately.

4 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

One side will be actively working with Russia and undercutting our long standing alliances, while the other side will be trying to keep those long standing alliances strong and undercut the other side to prevent them from doing too much damage.

If Trump would just fire Bannon and Flynn, his cabinet would improve like 10 times over immediately.

What is interesting to me is what Trump's role is in all of this. At the end of the day if he has to make a call, I don't see him as smart enough to choose wisely. He'll take the side of whichever member of his cabinet said nicer things about him recently.

23 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

This "go along to get along" crap doesn't work for me when it's applied to the actions of the Republicans, from Trump on down. 

These people know that people will die because of their policies and they don't give a ****. 

Their actions are reprehensible.

Speaking only for myself, I don;t think I've ever advocated "go along to get along".  

My position is "It's possible to be the opposition party, without being ***holes".  (Or insane).  

You may vote against his appointees.  (At least some of them.)  But you do go to his inauguration.  (Or, if there's some reason why you can't/won't go, then you don't call the press to announce that you're boycotting.  You just don't go.)  

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

What's the difference now? You're defending him just as much as his supporters do. So at this point you're one in the same, you can say that you didn't vote for Trump but at least I posted undeniable proof of who I voted for. Where's your proof?

The issue is that opponents of Trump's madness by now has by far exceeded Trump's madness. Seriously you guys have jumped into the loony bin.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Actually, his statement is the exact opposite.

Imply then?

Not sure where else to put this....

Katrina Vander Heuvel on George Steph, in response to Trump saying John Lewis "is more talk than action":

"John Lewis did more in one day on the Edmund Pettus Bridge than Donald Trump will ever do to make America great again."

gallery-1462115295-obama-mic-drop.gif

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

The issue is that opponents of Trump's madness by now has by far exceeded Trump's madness.

Not even close.  

Yes, some (a lot of?) people have gone too far.  But not as far as Trump, himself, has.  

32 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

My understanding from speaking with people in our intel community is that the Obama admin is safeguarding a lot of our alliances before they leave. They've essentially attempted to handicap Trump so he can't come in and shred it all to bits.

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

My understanding from speaking with people in our intel community is that the Obama admin is safeguarding a lot of our alliances before they leave. They've essentially attempted to handicap Trump so he can't come in and shred it all to bits.

I understand that maybe it's a poor analogy.  But I'm seeing at least some parallels between that, and the recent actions of the NC GOP.  

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

I understand that maybe it's a poor analogy.  But I'm seeing at least some parallels between that, and the recent actions of the NC GOP.  

I don't think it's a poor analogy. But the difference I guess they aren't shielding the alliances though laws etc. They are simply setting up roadblocks that will make it hard and time consuming for Trump and his anti-EU advisors from demolishing our current relationships.

28 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I hope this is true. It's taken a long time to build these relationships, going back to the end of WWII, the big one. And these relationships continued throughout both Republican and Democrat administrations. Trump is truly breaking precedent, and the current Republicans appear to be in lockstep with Trump. 

This is a headscratcher. Although they demonstrate on a consistent basis that they will do anything for power.

Also pointing out that I'm pretty sure Trump hasn't broken any relationships yet.  

Granted, the guy did flat out state his intention to threaten to pull out of NATO, at least as a bargaining ploy.  And yeah, the fact that he was even willing to suggest that should have cost him the support of a good chunk of the GOP.  (And moderates.)  

And there have been other warning signs, like him expressing tolerance for Russia invading and conquering parts of small European countries.  

But while there's certainly what ought to be major red flags, let's not jump from there, to acting like he's actually done them.  

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

Also pointing out that I'm pretty sure Trump hasn't broken any relationships yet.  

Granted, the guy did flat out state his intention to threaten to pull out of NATO, at least as a bargaining ploy.  And yeah, the fact that he was even willing to suggest that should have cost him the support of a good chunk of the GOP.  (And moderates.)  

And there have been other warning signs, like him expressing tolerance for Russia invading and conquering parts of small European countries.  

But while there's certainly what ought to be major red flags, let's not jump from there, to acting like he's actually done them.  

Better prepare ahead of time. His top advisor is currently using his media platform to trash Merkel and promote the extreme right party in Germany. France's far right leader is trolling around Trump Tower. 

There are entirely way too many red flags to not prepare for a group of people looking to thrust in radical change towards extremist ideologies.

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah, but there's also a difference between, say, Trump creating a secret deal with Putin to out every informant in the KGB, and Trump being friendly towards an opposition political figure in the democratic nation of France.  

Isn't it meddling in the politics of a sovereign nation? Breitbart, being run by Trumps main advisor, is pushing in many cases, false news and propaganda against the current political system in those countries. 

There are also rumblings in the IC community that the EU intelligence people are extremely wary of Trump and co., because they think they are working to undermine their sovereignty by promoting extremists within their borders.

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You're foaming at the mouth and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

You're foaming at the mouth and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

Most reasonable people are, I think.  We're just holding it in better than the Rs did with Obama when the:hitfan:and they obstructed their own bills on their respective floors of Congress. 

Archived