Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

If you walk around that town with a blue UN helmet on, you'll probably get to take plenty of them out and have a rock solid self defense claim.

That would be a ****ing great counter protest.

I hadn't thought about that before. It'd be nice if some folks went peacefully, without guns, and staged a sit in at the refuge. Sing hippie songs and whatnot. Just troll the hell out of them in real time. Let them know what the world thinks, laugh at their weapons,to taunt them with gummie bears and other sweet snacks, collect everything on their shopping list in quantity and burn it all, one by one, in front of them, set up one of those nice inflatable projection screens so that they can't see what you're watching but they can hear you laughing and clapping

The possibilities are endless. Twitter mockery brought to their doorstep I honestly would be down for that.

Probably a crate full. I wonder if the FedEx delivery to them today was something like that? ;) (Yes. They did get a delivery today). 

Okay. Some news from the day. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/why_dont_feds_try_to_oust_oreg.html#incart_big-photo

Why don't feds try to oust Oregon occupiers?

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/residents_near_oregon_occupati.html

'Every gun in house is loaded' -- scare tactics rattle residents near Oregon occupation

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/militants-government-computers-isis-website-malheur/

Militants Use Government Computers To Create Own Website

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/self-appointed_judge_arrives_i.html

Self-appointed 'judge' arrives in Burns to ask local residents to charge government officials with crimes

I'm pretty much at a loss for words on this one. Armed people take over a government building and basically threaten to shoot any law enforcement that try to stop them and nothing happens to them. They're also free to come and go as they please. 

I really wish the Feds would do something about these yokels. Can you imagine if some Muslim Americans did this to protest something about the government? Holy crap, they would probably get hit with JDAMs within 2 hours.

Its hilarious to me that so many of these militia types complain about our government being tyrannical and taking their freedoms then they get away with this and it just illustrates how ludicrous that belief is. Try going to Russia or some other country and pulling this ****. 

Dumb question: (Or maybe not)

Can or should law enforcement be able to do anything about these things?

I mean, this sure seems to be at least within spitting distance of terrorism, here. Is it?

It sure feels to me like something needs to be done about these kinds of things. But I confess, I'm not sure what.

(My mental image seems to revolve around Liam Neesan or The Equalizer or Chuck Norris coming into town and teaching the Band of Bubbas that we don't tolerate that kind of thing, round here. Probably, by killing a few dozen of them.)

What's the correct response, to these things? 

I'm pretty much at a loss for words on this one. Armed people take over a government building and basically threaten to shoot any law enforcement that try to stop them and nothing happens to them. They're also free to come and go as they please.

I agree with doing nothing (or at least, not much) to the folks out at the refuge. They're not threatening anybody.

It's their buddys, in town, who are doing that.

I'm really disappointed with the Feds on this one. Even capturing them as they leave will feel somewhat hollow (not totally, but a little).

I mean, they've been so passive in attempting to avoid another Waco that they went fully the other direction. Now you've got employee's with their information potentially compromised, and a whole community has been harassed by people directly in threatening manners.

I have to disagree here. I give the authorities a lot of credit for avoiding a Waco/Ruby Ridge-type situation.

I do agree the Feds should do something about these idiots, but it should be done in a way that avoids bloodshed.

Edited by s0crates

I have to disagree here. I give the authorities a lot of credit for avoiding a Waco/Ruby Ridge-type situation.

I do agree the Feds should do something about these idiots, but it should be done in a way that avoids bloodshed.

I mean, I'm not saying that they should just go in and mow them down, but power should have been cut immediately, a perimeter set u somewhere down the road to prevent free movement, and once reports of threatening e-mails and calls to the sheriff came in, followed by reports of residents being followed and watched by cars, units should have been dispatched to quickly find all those vehicles and look at all of them closely.  At this point, any suspicious activity in the community likely comes with reasonable suspicion to be tied to the crimes at Malheur, and there are plenty of vehicle search loopholes that can be used for searches.

Of course there is the possibility that one of these kooks would shoot first, in which case feds would shoot back.  But by being so fearful of someone shooting first, they've allowed that town to be turned into something like we'd see in a Kurt Russell movie.

I mean, look at this nonsense:

For ****s sake, this **** is straight out that Scarecrow court from "The Dark Knight Rises," snow covered buildings and all.

If every single one of these people who showed up and participated in this isn't arrested and charged with a wide ranging battery of federal felonies, the federal government has basically demonstrated it is worthless in the face of white supremacist terrorism.

• Like 1

I was wondering if that would come into the calculation for you. After all, hot lead is a bit more dangerous than the iphones and lattes the Occupy Wall Streeters were armed with. :)

I've probably pointed it out 5-6 times, prior to that time.

True, but your line of reasoning seemed not to take that into account. Comparing these dangerous bozos to the annoying but relatively benign Occupy Wallstreet doofuses was a bit of a stretch.

i want the law to block the people in.  cut off contact.  and let them come out and be arrested at their leisure.

i don;t want the LEOs to get violent unless they are defending themselves.   

however.... it would make me very happy if random old ladies  kicked these boogereatinmorons in their nards periodically and randomly for the rest of their lives.  

• Like 2

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/anti-obama-march-organizer-fatally-shoots-right-wing-militant-buddy-in-drunken-dispute-over-gun/

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/anti-obama-march-organizer-fatally-shoots-right-wing-militant-buddy-in-drunken-dispute-over-gun/

Anti-Obama march organizer fatally shoots right-wing militant buddy in drunken dispute over gun

TRAVIS GETTYS
13 JAN 2016 AT 08:45 ET                   

Charles-Carter-Facebook-800x430.png
Charles Carter (Facebook)
DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
Planning for a cross-country march to “restore America” — which is related to the Oregon nature preserve standoff — appears to have hit a snag when one of its organizers shot the other co-founder Monday afternoon during a drunken argument over a gun.Sheriff’s deputies in Grayson County, Texas, have not releaseddetails about the fatal shooting, but social media posts by right-wing “patriots” associated with militants occupying an Oregon nature preserve identified the victim and shooter as the organizers of the Paul Revere 2016 Final March To Restore America.

“Dear friends it’s my dearest regrets to have to share this heart breaking new (sic) with you tonight. That OUR fellow patriot and brother Charles Carter is no longer with us. He gone to be with Jesus. Today killed by a fellow patriot Vincent Smith. Who was suppose (sic) to be his brother in arms and friend,” posted online radio host Keith Williams, who described himself as the victim’s next of kin.

Edited by mcsluggo

^^^^^  You're late. ;) 

Maybe the Feds are sitting back, biding their time and waiting for these guys to do something that will put them away for a longer amount of time as to discourage this kind of action in the future?

The article I posted earlier covered a bit of that.  

FBI agents have been mobilized from across the state to Harney County. They're collecting intelligence, doing surveillance, have familiarized themselves with the layout of the refuge buildings, may be intercepting calls and contacting people who may have had a falling out with the occupiers to gain more intelligence, the former agents said. They also may be recording any crimes that are occurring to prepare for future arrests.

"There's no doubt in my mind that they're fully prepared to go in tactically and resolve this situation if they need to," Van Zandt said. "But the federal government has nothing to gain by taking some kind of precipitous action that would give the group more attention or reason to have an armed confrontation."

• Like 1