Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

They've been getting glitter and nail polish too. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-oregon-militia-idUSKCN0US31420160115

Well this should go over well with the militia(s).  

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/protester_arrested_in_burns_dr.html

Protester arrested in Burns, driving stolen refuge vehicle

BURNS – Oregon State Police on Friday arrested one of the protesters holding the wildlife refuge, charging him with having a stolen vehicle after he drove into town, authorities said.

The man was identified as Kenneth Medenbach, 62, of Crescent. He was accused of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Law enforcement officials said Medenbach is currently on federal probation stemming from another militia-style episode in southern Oregon last year.

He is the first person arrested in connection with the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, taken over two weeks ago.

He was arrested in the Safeway parking lot in one vehicle bearing federal government license plates. A second federal vehicle was parked next to him, but the man police suspect of driving that into town already had gone into the grocery before police arrived.

*Click Link For More* 

I get why the Fed are basically staying back and leaving them alone.  I even understand the basic premise between letting them come and go (Although glad to see they arrested someone who left).

But why not at the very least turn off power and heat??

Apparently, there were two stolen vehicles. But the driver of one wasn't with the vehicle. Which I suppose is why there wasn't a second arrest.

The guy they did arrest is apparently on probation for two prior, similar, takeovers of federal land. At least one involving explosive devices to "defend his land".

Guess some people don't learn, the first time.

A peaceful arrest of someone who broke the law and a retaking of property paid for by tax payers?

OH IT'S ON!

You mean the gubment's law? That there don't count. ;) 

Meanwhile,back at the refuge. They think they're being spied on by the FBI,(don't they always?),so. They take down cameras. 

https://twitter.com/LAPeoplesMedia/status/688128223989780483

https://twitter.com/FedorZarkhin/status/688147340733976576

^^ This would be an amzing idea if they wouldn't be shot out of the air instantly. And good drones are expensive.

And on the alleged cameras, wouldn't they have seen the FBI putting them up?

Wait, silly me, stop poking holes in the conspiracy; if they were open to holes being poked into their conspiracy there wouldn't be a conspiracy.

More federal property damage though. And how nice of them to document it.

Man, I still say hit them with treason, not necessarily because you'll win, but because all the other crimes are slam dunks. Any prosecutor worth one-tenth their loans could get convictions on the small stuff. Hell, I've been a real attorney all of 6 weeks and I could put them all away. Give them a challenge and hit them with something crazy.

Probably helps that they'll be pro se because lawyers are evil or something.

Edited by DogofWar1

I want to know why the rest of the tax paying stand up American public land ranching community isn't coming out in mass protest against this.  You know, kinda like how all Muslims everywhere need to personally (best if done daily in a public forum) disavow terrorism done in the name of Islam.  

giphy.gif

So it turns out there's a precedent for the way some of us wish this had been handled. So what's the holdup? Let's get it moving.

Antigovernment Extremists in Oregon Now Plan Their Own Justice System

...The concept of the “citizen’s grand jury” has roots in the Posse Comitatus movement – a sometimes violent, anti-Semitic, anti-tax, antigovernment brand of extremism. Ironically, the Posse Comitatus movement is generally believed to have started in Oregon...

...Posse Comitatus cells formed throughout the United States from the 1970’s through the ‘90s.  Followers, who sometimes formed their own government entities called “townships,” appointed their owned public officials and believed only the county sheriff – not federal or state law enforcement – could enforce laws.

One such group –– the infamous “Montana Freemen” –– formed their “Justus Township” on a 960-acre ranch near remote Jordan, Montana, in 1996.  Some of the 16 extremists were wanted for threatening public officials, writing bad checks or tax evasion.

Unlike the Oregon standoff where there is little or no law enforcement presence, the FBI rotated its regional SWAT teams into Jordan, Mont., controlling the perimeter and not allowing anyone in or out. Without a shot fired, the Freeman siege ended after 81 days – the longest FBI standoff in U.S. history. Those involved were all subsequently convicted and sentenced to lengthy prison terms.

Meanwhile,back at the refuge. They think they're being spied on by the FBI,(don't they always?),so. They take down cameras.

I certainly hope they are.

Only if you assume that they did silly things like maintain watches, and things.

Which, considering they forgot to bring two days worth of MRE with them, I wouldn't exactly bet on.

Edited by Larry

^^ This would be an amzing idea if they wouldn't be shot out of the air instantly. And good drones are expensive.

Wait, silly me, stop poking holes in the conspiracy; if they were open to holes being poked into their conspiracy there wouldn't be a conspiracy.

More federal property damage though. And how nice of them to document it.

Man, I still say hit them with treason, not necessarily because you'll win, but because all the other crimes are slam dunks. Any prosecutor worth one-tenth their loans could get convictions on the small stuff. Hell, I've been a real attorney all of 6 weeks and I could put them all away. Give them a challenge and hit them with something crazy.

Probably helps that they'll be pro se because lawyers are evil or something.

The militia,(with Pete,tinfoil,Santilli being the most vocal),have been saying for the better part of a week or more that they see FBI drones circling the skies watching them. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a civilian drone or two flying over the refuge and showing the video on twitter and such. That despite the probable penalties for doing that.  Right now it's believed those were webcams for the refuge they took down. Go figure,(yeah. They could possibly be used for watching the Bundy Militia).

Another lawyer? Sigh. I better check with the other mods,we may have reached our toleran....er...quota for lawyers on ES.   ;)

--------------

More about the FBI in the area. 

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/for-now-law-enforcement-and-militants-wont-cross-tracks/

For Now, Law Enforcement And Militants Won't Cross Tracks
  • Like 1

Hey, congrats counselor.   Welcome to the fraternity.  Beer's in the fridge in the back.

Thanks!  My goal is to not be terrible in two years.  Then maybe get to "good" in six or so.

Another lawyer? Sigh. I better check with the other mods,we may have reached our toleran....er...quota for lawyers on ES.    ;)

--------------

More about the FBI in the area. 

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/for-now-law-enforcement-and-militants-wont-cross-tracks/

That is an interesting article.  Seems like they've got the airport somewhat locked down, and that they followed a reporter into town seems oddly proactive, while they try to actively avoid the militia.

And I guess my info. goes into the super secret user notes now, haha.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1

Thanks!  My goal is to not be terrible in two years.  Then maybe get to "good" in six or so.

Edit.  No, I'm not expressing an opinion on your competence.  Just relating the joke that your joke reminded me of. 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2

That is an interesting article.  Seems like they've got the airport somewhat locked down, and that they followed a reporter into town seems oddly proactive, while they try to actively avoid the militia.

And I guess my info. goes into the super secret user notes now, haha.

Maybe it was just me,but from that report,it seems the FBI agents on scene are way on edge. Can't really blame them  though.  

Rumors have it the cameras they took down were 10 miles from the buildings and next to a power substation. 

Newest hashtag.   #walmartyrs  :) 

• Like 1

There's precedent for several different kinds of reaction to this armed takeover and all have pros and cons. I will say that after spending way too much time ;) researching this,(I've been out here in the West for nearly 30 years and have been waiting for something like this recently),I'm now leaning towards better do something soon. This reporter from Forbes specializes in the militia movement. Here's her recent comments and she's beginning to get very concerned. 

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab

With that in mind,here's what could be a very bad idea by the mouthpiece for these idiots Pete Santilli. This guy was already unhinged when this started. The door has come completely off over the past week. He wants to take folks to the FBI compound and surround it. Force them to leave. Around 2 pm today. I'd say 50-50 chance he goes through with it. 

• Like 1

With that in mind,here's what could be a very bad idea by the mouthpiece for these idiots Pete Santilli. This guy was already unhinged when this started. The door has come completely off over the past week. He wants to take folks to the FBI compound and surround it. Force them to leave. Around 2 pm today. I'd say 50-50 chance he goes through with it. 

I keep thinking "they can't be THAT stupid". And then deciding not to post.

• Like 1