Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

Okay. In a nutshell,(twitterverse is blowing a bit right now). Apparently,there was a noticeable drop in numbers of the militia occupying the refuge buildings,(those outside for the morning press coverage). 

However. The Pacific Patriots Network sent this out last night. 

http://www.pacificpatriotsnetwork.com/

PRESS RELEASE

7 January 2016

Pacific Patriot Network - Oath Keepers - III%

Re; Immediate Call to Action

In response to concerns of federal agencies intervening at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, The Pacific Patriot Network (PPN) and its associated organizations are releasing an Immediate Call to Action to secure a perimeter around the Wildlife Refuge, it's occupiers, and the citizens of Harney County.

We wish to establish a safety perimeter of protection for the occupiers so as to prevent a Waco-style situation from unfolding during this peaceful occupation. The primary intention of this outer-ring is to bear witness to any aggressive action initiated by federal agencies or the occupiers, and to encourage an open dialogue towards a peaceful resolution. We will serve as a neutral third-party intermediary to prevent bloodshed.

In congruence with the concerns of the citizens of Harney County, The PPN and its affiliated organizations will operate with respect and professionalism so as to not elevate fears within the community. As outsiders, we recognize our responsibility to maintain both peace and civility during our presence. To further demonstrate our non-aggressive posture, military style or tactical clothing will not be authorized for this operation. It is imperative that the Nation recognize the importance and sanctity of all lives in this situation. While the PPN does not condone nor encourage the execution of the Wildlife Refuge occupation, we have a duty and responsibility to ensure that a peaceful resolution is reached.

Pacific Patriots Network Mission Statement

The primary mission is the prevention of any bloodshed. A-Teams have been deployed to maintain respectful and professional conduct by all County, State and Federal Agencies & Citizens for Constitutional Freedom. We understand and respect this is an emotionally charged issue and will stand to bear witness and prevent any escalation or hostile action from either side. In the event of inappropriate action, A-Teams will respond accordingly. A-Teams are prohibited from entering onto the grounds of the wildlife refuge occupation and from any display of overt tactical presence that would bring concern to the community. If requested, we will act as an intermediary to enhance direct communication between all parties involved.

Pacific Patriots Network Media Team
media@pacificpatriotsnetwork.com

Several tweets over the past hour or so seem to confirm this as they mention new "armed" people now taking up station at the refuge. The 3% if you will.  

There is this.  

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/law-enforcement-protest-harney-county-courthouse/#.VpA2kqKgfzU.twitter

Concrete barriers went up outside the Harney County courthouse and sheriff’s office Friday morning in preparation for a possible protest, according to workers at the building.

Heavily armed sheriff’s deputies were seen on foot and in patrol trucks in the neighborhood around the courthouse in Burns.  

Law enforcement and county workers indicated they were preparing for a possible protest, but it wasn’t immediately clear who would be protesting, or when.

*Click Link For More* 

That may have to with this: 

http://www.hccommitteeofsafety.org/home.html

Now this "committee" was apparently developed by the Bundy Militia about a month ago in order to be an "undemocratic government" according to one reporter. They're meeting tonight in Burns. This same reporter drew attention to the Responsibility section of the "committee" and highlighted the following. 

Prior to the Revolutionary War, Committees of Safety existed in the frontier or wilderness areas where the government did not provide any troops or other protection against Indian attacks.  The community got together and built stockades, enrolled militia, commissioned officers, and set watches, all to secure the property and lives of the association members from threats from the savages.

"Savages" 

There's plenty of hard feelings to go around from all sides on this one it seems.  Ranchers do feel at times the BLM has strong armed them ,(not just in Oregon of course,but around the West). There have been some instances that could be interpreted as that. BLM moral is being reported as down due to not just the non-action with the Bundys last year and the so far non action with the Bundys in Oregon,but non action on several incidents in the West where Ranchers have intimidated BLM officials off the land and such.  Some Native Americans aren't just pissed at the militia for what they're doing and where,but at the Government non action as well. One member of the Paiute tribe there even said during their press conference that had the militia been Native Americans,they'd be dead by now. While some are citing the Alcatraz takeover back in 69-71,many are citing the incidents with the Dann Sisters. 

Sheriff Ward released this statement earlier today.  

https://twitter.com/HarneyCoSheriff?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Now the Western States Sheriffs Association released their own statement supporting LE in the Burns area. 

https://twitter.com/NationalSheriff/status/685614554500448256

I just stumbled across the "Snacks For YallQaeda" facebook page...it is glorious. Apparently to post there you should first post and be banned from BundyRanch or ConstitutionalBootcamp facebook pages, typically just posting "snacks" is enough LOL. But of course the more wit used, the better.

• Like 1

Okay. In a nutshell,(twitterverse is blowing a bit right now). Apparently,there was a noticeable drop in numbers of the militia occupying the refuge buildings,(those outside for the morning press coverage). 

"Savages" 

And several other significant points.

I've assumed that they have at least some legitimate complaints. (And I get the impression that the Feds have several, too.).

And just what this situation needs, is somebody deciding that there's not enough people with guns walking around, so they need some more. And these promise that they're going to be mingling with the civilians, too.

And anybody think we should send "savages" to Susan Harjo, or some such? :)

Even before this came out I was calling BS. No "vet" is doing this without CASES of MRE's in tow. I mean that's military life 101 right there. I was a teenage schmuck when I served and I still have boxes of MRE's in the basement (for if I survive DC being nuked/the Zombie Plague).

Also shows what complete dip****s these "militia" clowns are. Bunch of spoiled wannabe cowboys. Lock them up, let them spend all their money on protection and then let them get punked when their families start refusing to pay.

This honestly might be the dumbest criminal conspiracy in the history of mankind.

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

This kind of stuff is why I don't like the idea of going easy on them.

They've invented fictions to ensure their own righteousness.  The real world doesn't matter.

They'll be pissed off at the government no matter what is done.  Action inflames, inaction emboldens.  In the end, either choice likely leads to more of these "standoffs."

My concern is that we'll start seeing the "mob" cascade effect, that is, people who would not normally engage in these illegal activities suddenly start to because others have (like with recent mass shootings and Columbine).  The FB warriors coming out IRL.

Can such a cascade be stopped?  I don't know, but I doubt leaving these groups to their own devices will create positive outcomes in the long run.  Arresting the ring leaders who commit illegal activity likely has the best chance of scattering their followers; for the mob cascade to work where significantly human coordination is necessary, ring leaders are necessary.  These extremist groups might actually be one problem where cutting off the head might kill, or at least severely weaken, the body.

Also, and I'm not advocating escalation, but has anyone called their bluff on the "we'll shoot if they try to arrest us" thing?  Legitimate question.

Also, and I'm not advocating escalation, but has anyone called their bluff on the "we'll shoot if they try to arrest us" thing?  Legitimate question.

obviously not since it remains a ongoing hashtag joke situation.

Deadly force isn't needed. But the local gov/FBI shouldn't allow people to just come and go. The people that walk off should have been picked up and charged with something, even if it is minor. Honestly, find some lame charge that comes with losing the right to own a firearm. Don't think the The Lautenberg Amendment applies here. But I'm sure they could find something. At least make it a really expensive court case for these people.

I was floored when I heard that. That shouldn't be allowed. They need to be arrested immediately when they leave. Edited by justice98

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service called BS on the found keys shortly after that hit the wires. That has evolved into found keys for one or two buildings,others left open. All of which have been denied by the Service. He said she said thing. 

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service called BS on the found keys shortly after that hit the wires. That has evolved into found keys for one or two buildings,others left open. All of which have been denied by the Service. He said she said thing. 

Well as I mentioned earlier, if they broke or damaged anything the fines and jail time are pretty high.

I guess we can sort that out at a trial if they are ever arrested and charged

I didn't know that. If somebody found my keys and used them to go into my house and just squat there. Its on me?

pretty much :) , ya can of course order them to leave and call the cops.

just think if they then had the locks changed  :lol:

They'll sort it out,but if the Feds wanted to push breaking and entering,they'd probably get that one even though that's usually a misdemeanor. In other news. 

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/militants-have-accessed-government-computers-at-refuge/

Militants May Have Accessed Government Computers At Refuge

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into whether militants at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge have accessed government computers during their occupation. 

OPB observed militants interacting with computers in the compound that can only be accessed with employee ID badges. The armed men also appear to have gone through materials in an office building used by federal employees. 

This comes as militants rejected leaving the facility Friday, which they’ve occupied illegally since Jan. 2. 

The computers are in a room of cubicles near the main compound. LaVoy Finicum, a member of the occupying group’s security team, accidentally led OPB into the area.

*Click Link For more*

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/militia-groups-oregon-peace-article-1.2490931

More militia groups arrive to Oregon to 'keep the peace' at the occupied Malheur Wildlife Refuge  

More militia groups arrived in the remote eastern Oregon community where armed occupiers have taken over a federal wildlife refuge, causing locals to be uneasy about the newcomers.

About a dozen members of other self-styled militia groups, including the Pacific Patriots Network, 111% and the Oath Keepers met briefly on Friday with the group that has been occupying the Malheur Wildlife Refuge to offer their services as peace-keepers.

The militia groups said they would not join the occupation but would instead sleep in their cars or local hotels and be on armed patrol of the periphery of the wildlife refuge's property.

“We’re friends, but we’re operating separately,” said Pacific Patriot Network leader Brandon Rapolla of the group of ranchers and anti-government zealots calling themselves the Citizens for Constitutional Freedom.

The meeting came just after Ammon Bundy,  leader of the week-long armed occupation, refused an offer by the local sheriff to leave the federal wildlife building with safe passage.

*Click Link For More* 

http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2016/01/08/Why-I-Stand-With-the-Paiute/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=010916-1&utm_campaign=editorial-0116

Why I Stand With the Paiute, Whose Land Is Occupied by Militiamen

If you think the Oregon standoff is a joke, you've never suffered the grief of land theft.

Recently, I was contacted by a Heiltsuk member living in Oregon for a response to the crisis on Paiute lands. It doesn't take much digging to familiarize yourself with the conflict: An armed white militia is occupying a federal wildlife sanctuary to protest the U.S. federal government's "tyranny" and issued a call to arms to "patriots" everywhere.

There are many layers to unpack, but one is not yet getting the attention it deserves. Let's start with this question: Who is the victim of land theft here?

The area being occupied by this white militia is sacred to the Paiute people. Paiute leadership has made clear statements that the militia is desecrating their ancestral lands. This is where Paiute people gather medicines, hold ceremony, and live their identity as people who are inseparable from the lands where they have lived for thousands of years.

Tell me how this armed standoff, at its heart, is not issue of colonialism. Too many people are responding to the Bundy militia by tagging them with joke names or just ignoring the issue because they think it's unimportant. If you think this is humorous or irrelevant, I can only assume you've never suffered the grief of displacement and land theft.

*click link for more*

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/01/the_oregon_standoff_with_ammon_bundy_isn_t_evidence_of_a_racial_double_standard.html

Is the Oregon Standoff Evidence of a Racial Double Standard? Not really. And we are in danger of drawing the wrong lessons from the fact that these armed militiamen are white

In April 2014, Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy made headlines when he (and his armed allies) stood off against federal law enforcement in a dispute over private grazing and public lands. On Saturday, his son Ammon Bundy did the same. But this time, the standoff is in Oregon, over land that has nothing to do with the younger Bundy.

This Bundy—along with an unknown number of armed militiamen—have seized and occupied the headquarters of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge near Burns, Oregon, on behalf of two local ranchers, Dwight and Steven Hammond. In 2012, both Hammonds were convicted of committing arson on public lands after a decade of legal battles over fires started in 2001 and 2006. The federal government owns three-quarters of the land in Harney County, where the Hammonds reside, and its land sits near theirs. The first fire, according to the Hammonds, was a burn meant to remove invasive juniper from public land near their ranch. But federal prosecutors say this was a cover. The real reason, they argued, was to cover up evidence of the illegal slaughter of deer. A second fire in 2006 violated a citywide burn ban, and threatened the lives of volunteer firefighters in the region.

*click link for more*