Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

Looks like the eventual charges list against the dumbasses is growing. 

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/bundy-rips-apart-fence-at-malheur-wildlife-refuge?utm_content=bufferc3c4e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

A group of militiamen tore down a federal fence Monday, which they said obstructed a local ranching family from grazing their cattle.

The move was the most aggressive yet since the men stormed the Malheur Wildlife Refuge outside of Burns, Oregon, on Jan. 2.

According to the Oregonian, the men used the Fish and Wildlife's own tools including an excavator to take down the fence, which was just erected last year after the refuge received a $100,000 grant.

The effort–like the standoff itself– was led in part by Ammon Bundy who ripped down the barbed wire "with only his bare hands," the Oregonian wrote.

The occupation has been mostly quiet up to this point. The armed men have threatened to stay at the property until the federal government releases Dwight and Steven Hammond, two local ranchers who were convicted for arson on federal lands and are currently serving their sentences.

*Click Link For More* 

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2016/1/11/1468520/-OR-standoff-crew-depart-from-federal-building-to-use-federal-equipment-to-destroy-federal-fence

This one has pics and video. Used Fed trucks to get there too it looks like. 

Schools are back in session. 

Also. 

http://koin.com/2016/01/11/sources-malheur-data-breach-concerns-fish-wildlife/

Sources: Malheur data breach concerns Fish & Wildlife Militia took over the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge on Jan. 2, 2016

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A data breach by militia at the Malheur Wildlife National Refuge has led the US Fish and Wildlife Service to ask some of its employees to relocate from their homes until the situation is resolved, sources told KOIN 6 News.

While Ammon Bundy has told reporters that his group has not accessed computer files, a reporter for OPB witnessed them doing just that.

Because the group is believed to have accessed the personal information — including home addresses — of employees, some employees have been advised to stay elsewhere.

“There is not a stated threat,” one source said. “This is out of an abundance of caution.”

*click link for more*

County having a meeting right now. It's packed. 

#oregonstandoff

County Sheriff with statement. 

https://twitter.com/freedomgirl2011/status/686745166691045377

Statement from Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward

“When those who are now occupying the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge first came to town several months ago, we started to see an up-tick in the number of vandalism, harassment and intimidation reports. In recent days, they issued a “call to action,” which resulted in the arrival of numerous outside militia members. They claim to be here in peace, but we continue to see behavior by some that is concerning. There are continual reports of law enforcement officers and community members being followed home; of people sitting in cars outside their homes, observing their movements and those of their families; and of people following them and their families as they move around the community. While not direct physical threats, these activities are clearly designed to try to intimidate. 

Specifically, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, which manages the refuge, has told me that while their employees are physically safe, this is clearly a distressful situation for all involved. As this issue has developed over the past week, employees and their loved ones have reported a number of uncomfortable incidences in which unknown individuals from outside our community have driven past slowly or idled in front of their homes, observing the residents and their activities. In addition, self-identified militia members have attempted to engage employees and family members in debates about their status as Federal employees. Many of these confrontations are taking place as their employees are grocery shopping, running errands with their families and trying to lead their day-to day lives. 

Let me be clear:  the law enforcement agencies – those that are local as well as the sheriff’s deputies from around the state, the Oregon State Police troopers and the FBI Agents – will not be intimidated from doing their jobs. Everyone on the law enforcement side is working together to bring a peaceful resolution to this situation, and the behavior of these folks from outside of our community only serves to escalate the situation unnecessarily.

The people on the refuge – and those who they have called to our community –

obviously have no consideration for the wishes or needs of the people of Harney County. If they did, they, too, would work to bring this situation to a peaceful close.”

If you have concerns about harassment or what you believe to be intimidating tactics being used by outsiders, please call 541-573-3162. This line is not monitored 24 hours a day. If you feel your security is in immediate danger, call  9-1-1. 

• Like 1

What I'm finding amusing is that all these groups seem to be heading to BFE, for the express purpose of trying to intimidate the residents of BFE.

To me, seems at least within spitting distance of the definition of terrorism.

I'm wondering if the real Bad Guys, here, aren't the loons in the bird sanctuary, it's the folks who aren't.

Was Occupy Wall Street surrounded by a wall of cops, who prevented people from bringing in food or water?  Were the protesters prevented from leaving or returning? 

Should they have been? 

I get what you're saying, though I have little to no sympathy for Occupy Wall Street.  While I am aware they had a battery of complaints, the one that got me was them protesting about having to pay back their student loans.  As someone currently shelling out monthly to pay of my graduate degree, and who will be shelling out to pay off my wife's in 2018, we knew what we were getting in to when we accepted the money.

Plus which, I had to walk past the Occupy Freedom Plaza encampment on my way to work each day.  The odor of the place got really, really bad as it wore on.  I was nasally offended.

So to be honest, yes, I think after awhile, my opinion of the Occupy thing was "playtime is over, clear it out." 

Edited by Forehead

So to be honest, yes, I think after awhile, my opinion of the Occupy thing was "playtime is over, clear it out."

I'm well aware that the folks were annoying.

But then, isn't that the purpose of protest? To make people notice you? (And, by extension, your cause?)

To me, if you want to have freedom to protest, then society has to grant them the right to be annoying.

• Like 1

Biggest problem I had with the Occupy movement is that they were protesting to protest. They didn't really have an agenda or manifesto or any proposals. They just hated the way stuff was. It was really horribly organized. I really wanted to respect it as an organic, authentic, non violent protest movement... but you got to get beyond complaining. Too many conflicting interests, no unified voice. Sure, there were problems with banking, unequal pay, and you name it, but if you're an organized movement get organized.

I spoke with a lot of them and interviewed at least a dozen over a few weeks for the radio back in the day. Each time, my opinion of them dropped a little.

Look, I admit my knowledge of protesting history is spotty at best, but what is the deal with the Guy Fawkes masks?  I'm aware of who he is and what he was involved in, but I wasn't aware of this mask until V for Vendetta came out.  Was that where it was invented?  I don't really consider wearing those at a protest to be clever anymore.

Apples to oranges, my man. Occupy wall street chaps were only armed with iphones and starbucks. They didn't instigate a heavily armed takeover of an investment firm.

These rednecks need to be dispersed. Just turn off their water, jam their cell phone coverage, and black out local Nascar coverage. The latter should get them home with the quickness.

As Forehead said, playtime is over. The Feds should start doing these things incrementally to make them more and more miserable over time. To your list I'd add revoking their eligibility for subsidies (I'd do that one first since they're so into smaller gubment and all) and stopping the snacks delivery as well. The latter would make it only a matter of time. The cool thing about that tactic is that we'd get to see if they really mean it when they say they're prepared to die for the cause. After all, it's one thing to die a quick death by being shot and quite another thing to resist the urge to give in and get a cheeseburger from those nice Federal agents for the duration needed to starve to death.

Neither did y'all Qaeda. They "took over" empty buildings.

Now, I do think you've got a good point, though. There needs to be a line between "harmless protest" and "OK, now we have to do something about this".  And carrying a gun while you do something certainly does change the flavor of an action.  IMO, it's not a bad place to draw a line.  I can certainly see that argument. 

I was wondering if that would come into the calculation for you. After all, hot lead is a bit more dangerous than the iphones and lattes the Occupy Wall Streeters were armed with. :)  Besides IIRC, the areas the Occupy Wall Street doofuses were occupying were public sidewalks and other common areas which the general public does have some right to be on. I'm pretty sure there's a big difference between that and occupying a federal building on federal property.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1

Preface this with - I'm not responsible for making decisions like this, so I have the luxury of not being accountable or having to be fair

RE: Guns at protests

I draw the line at:

You have guns with you at the protest 

---------------------------------------------------

You have guns with you at the protest and you threaten to use them against law enforcement if they try to stop your protest

Like, I think it's stupid people showed up to GMU when President Obama did his town hall on gun violence the other day, but other than that I don't have a problem. I don't think the cops needed to scurry over and round 'em up. I don't think it helps their cause, but otherwise meh.

But I absolutely think these dim wits in Oregon stepped over the line.

I was wondering if that would come into the calculation for you. After all, hot lead is a bit more dangerous than the iphones and lattes the Occupy Wall Streeters were armed with. :)  

I've probably pointed it out 5-6 times, prior to that time.

According to the twitterverse,Bundy and a few others are going to drive into Burns on Friday and have a meeting with the town about when they are planning on leaving and such. Location as of now is undetermined. 

It was a bit disconcerting when the pictures of fully armed members of the Pacific Patriots Network lining the road outside of the refuge hit said twitterverse. Then they went into town and closed off a couple of roads,(by posting armed guards),so they could deliver paperwork to the Sheriff. That was about the time my patience started to really wear out. However,since apparently there's a bit of an intelligence gap where information about all these militia's is concerned,this appears to have been a great way to gather some. Or even a lot. Twitterverse and other social media have blown up with sympathizers for the Bundy's. Though several other militia groups have publically stated they disagree with what the Bundy's are doing,members of these groups still show up,(armed),anyway. Most of them and the incidents,caught on camera.   That and the longer the "Bundy Militia" stays there,the larger the laundry list of things they can be charged with gets. The Sheriff did mention last night that he didn't want to give anything away,but there was was an hourglass going for this standoff and time was running out. Urged the militia to leave. Again. See what,if anything,happens between now and the meeting Friday. 

Oy vey.  :wacko:

http://justinspoliticalcorner.tumblr.com/post/137176588822/fox-news-sheriff-government-should-stand-down#.VpVy5JMrJBI

Fox News Sheriff: Government Should 'Stand Down' In Oregon To Prevent 'Armed Conflict'

David Clarke, the sheriff of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, and a frequent Fox News commentator, said on his radio program on Glenn Beck’s The Blaze network this weekend that he’s supporting the small group of armed militia members who are occupying a federal building in Oregon because the country has reached a “pitchforks and torches moment” that can’t be fixed by an election.

He added that he doesn’t want the situation in Oregon to “come to armed conflict against the federal government,” which means that “the federal government should stand down on this, just get out of there.”

*Click Link for More* 

I'm really disappointed with the Feds on this one.  Even capturing them as they leave will feel somewhat hollow (not totally, but a little).

I mean, they've been so passive in attempting to avoid another Waco that they went fully the other direction.  Now you've got employee's with their information potentially compromised, and a whole community has been harassed by people directly in threatening manners.

• Like 2

No I'm not law enforcement

Law enforcement usually doesn't include mowing down folk,but perhaps they can subcontract it to some folk.

Neither am I, is immunity on the table?

some claim a badge provides immunity....I think they clearly overstate it.