Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Eagles (NFC East Champions!)

JimmiJo

Jordan reed right now is arguably the best tight end in game.

A losing argument. But he's one of the top five or so. He's a special receiver and he had a tremendous season catching the ball but he is not a good blocker and his season was marred with penalties. He should have made the Probowl though.

Breeland should have too. They were probably our two best players this season.

Caught one last week and this week, and was a mm from another one in the first half. Just needed someone who could throw it consistently and enough weapons that he wouldn't be the focus of attention in the endzone.

Im sure he can catch them but that's not his game IMO

Man, we went to the B-Dubs in Aliso Viejo (CA), which is usually a Skins' bar... Our little table of skins fans surrounded by (mostly!good natured) Philly fans.

It was fun as the night went on. Less and less trash talking from the Beagles fans. Guess the lack of attendance was due to it being a national game???

By the end they were all talking about firing Chip, lol.

• Kudoes to Oline - gave Kirk a nice pocket on crucial downs, were getting Kory back for playoffs!
  • Kirk Cousins is distributing the football!  Hes making reads and progressing through the receivers and not making bad decisions
  • We have some freaking weapons!  Djax keeping safeties deep every play, Crowder very shifty and jittery on the shorts, Reed juking to a hole in the middle, Garcon making tough catches on crucial downs

Going into Dallas week I would sit the 1st teamers who have earned it and need the rest...

Well everyone excuse for Kirk is he didn't have a lot of start or reps. Well he has them now and a lot more game film on him. So like I said I'm waiting for next year.

You uh... You don't know what you're talking about, do you? He makes good decisions with the football and good throws in a time tested system. Film's not going to help stop that.

Well everyone excuse for Kirk is he didn't have a lot of start or reps. Well he has them now and a lot more game film on him. So like I said I'm waiting for next year.

It is okay... Say it with me, I've never been so happy to say it. "I was wrong!" Kirk got better and better as the season went on. Jay is a part of that (opening it up, showing Brady footage, etc.) Film is not going to change that. Cuz has to stay humble and hungry, but he seems like one who will.

He sjouke only get better with a run game down the road.

Top 3 imo. Only behind Gronk and Olsen right now

Delanie Walker and Tyler Eifert had better seasons than him too.

Reed is as good a receiver as any of them. He pretty much does everything well in that aspect of the position. The problem for him is his run blocking. He's a bad run blocker and this also leads to him getting flagged for a lot of costly penalties. This is what separates him from the other top TEs this season: Gronk and Walker are legitimately great blockers and Eifert and Olsen are pretty good.

Reed's weakness as a blocker is exacerbated in this offense by the crappy run blocking from the OL for most of the year. We're a team that's supposed to be built on running the ball but we can't run outside or inside. Jones doesn't really know what he's doing yet and Morris isn't running with confidence or vision any more. We've lived and died with our passing game instead. Good news is that Kirk has gotten comfortable and is steadily expanding his range, the pass protection has been outstanding, Reed has been a dominant receiver, and Jackson, Garcon, and Crowder have become productive second, third, and fourth options. But eventually we need to figure out how to run the ball.

You uh... You don't know what you're talking about, do you? He makes good decisions with the football and good throws in a time tested system. Film's not going to help stop that.

People said this same stuff about RG3 during the 2012 run. Bam film got out and everyone saying he sucks. I have yet to see Kirk do this against good defense. Eagles been torched by a lot of Qb. Don't believe ? Go check? Same for bills defense, New Orleans, Chicago,New York. You know which defense that gave him trouble? Cowboys, pats, Carolina Panthers.

It is okay... Say it with me, I've never been so happy to say it. "I was wrong!" Kirk got better and better as the season went on. Jay is a part of that (opening it up, showing Brady footage, etc.) Film is not going to change that. Cuz has to stay humble and hungry, but he seems like one who will.

He sjouke only get better with a run game down the road.

I'm happy Kirk doing good and hope he's can be that franchise QB. I'm just not sold. You just with the rest of the favs who drinks the kool-aid too quick! I'm done doing that...got burnt once and won't again.

People said this same stuff about RG3 during the 2012 run. Bam film got out and everyone saying he sucks. I have yet to see Kirk do this against good defense. Eagles been torched by a lot of Qb. Don't believe ? Go check? Same for bills defense, New Orleans, Chicago,New York. You know which defense that gave him trouble? Cowboys, pats, Carolina Panthers.

The good defenses that give every QB trouble? You don't say..... *shrugs*

Wasn't much to it to be honest. Heaped a lot of praise on the coaches and players.

Said Pierre Thomas is not a long term answer just a great football player.

Trust me. Right now he's happier then a pig in slop over the Thomas signing.

Redskins rout of Eagles sets Kelly's master plan in motion

Chip Kelly's awkward season will come crashing down in the form of a nationally televised debacle on Saturday night against the Redskins. Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins will throw four touchdowns against a floundering Philly defense that has allowed 40-plus points in three of their past five games. Marc Sessler

Sessler got it right :)

Bring on the Seagulls !

Carolina gave Drew Bree's trouble?? You don't say??? Pats defense had more points dropped on them this season than 7. Yeah *shrugg*

Eh, there are such things as matchups,offdays, and anomalies. On the whole, those are pretty good defenses. I'm not sure what exactly your problem is that you feel the need to complain online about a division title winning QB right after he wins the division, but good luck with that. *shrugs*

Also, it's besides the point, but as far as I'm concerned, Kirk is the only player on offense that showed up to play that Patriots game.

But hey, maybe you're right and Kirk will struggle next year as the league adjusts to this incredibly unique west coast offense. LOL

Still may as well enjoy this year.....I mean I don't see a downside in doing so. :)

Archived