Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Eagles (NFC East Champions!)

JimmiJo

Let me break it down for you!

1. I don't believe right now Kirks The to lead us in the future

2. I'm happy he was able to guide this team to a Nfce champion, but considering this was a very bad division this season I'm not surprised.

what about his stats, or any objective measure of quarterbacking can you cling to to support your view? I mean, I guess if you believe the earth is flat, you believe the earth is flat, but.. it's not.

Of course, if this had been Griffin that led us to an NFC East crown in "a very bad division", I'm sure your skepticism wouldn't be so strong, would it? :rolleyes:

Let me break it down for you.

You are being a whiny Griffin fanboy, who is trying to hide his bitterness of his fav QB's fortunes behind a weak "Not sold on Cousins" mantra.

You aren't fooling anyone, you know.

I dont think we need to bring up the other guy when discussing cousins qualifications at quarterback, they speak for themselves.

I'm not sold on Kirk doing it on a consistent basic. Congratulations we won the NFC East in a weak division. The redskins are going to play some tough quality opponents next year. I'm sure you forgot the rookie of the year and some rushing franchise record RG3 set, but sure at that time you were sold. 

wow... what's the definition of consistent for you?

Of course, if this had been Griffin that led us to an NFC East crown in "a very bad division", I'm sure your skepticism wouldn't be so strong, would it? :rolleyes:

Let me break it down for you.

You are being a whiny Griffin fanboy, who is trying to hide his bitterness of his fav QB's fortunes behind a weak "Not sold on Cousins" mantra.

You aren't fooling anyone, you know.

Depending on how well Griffin looked and how much progress he's made in making his read I wouldn't. If all Griffin did was run then I'll be saying the same thing.

You aren't surprised they won the division...yet I'm nearly 110% sure that you predicted the team would have double digit losses this season

Keep fighting that good fight homie.

No I'm not.

Once I started seeing how bad the Nfce was this year. Don't count on next year being the same. I did predict a 6-10 season.

Depending on how well Griffin looked

Dude I LOVED Robert's OROY campaign. I did. But, FWIW, he threw 20 TDs, which Kirk just ripped off in NINE games. Robert did add seven on the ground, I believe Kirk has five. Give him credit, this ended-up being an incredible season. There is nothing left for him to prove. I guess you can argue he has to prove he will be the same guy once he see's the money, but given that he drives a 16-year old van most of the time, are you really worried about that?

He has overcome demons and studied hard to improve his game. He waited for a shot and then ran with it. This isn't about a system or some crazy athlete who took the league by storm... This is about a QB commiting to learning a system and then doing it. This is about a 29-year old coordinator learning to trust his 27-year old QB and watching it all come together. This is about having some playmakers and finally figuring out how to give them a chance to do their thing. If you aren't allowing yourself to be excited about this, why have a team dude?

Carolina and Arizona are much better than rest of NFC... Watching GB and Seattle today I say bring it on. We have a shot to do something. One more GM SM offseason and we can be ready for a tougher schedule next year as well.

what about his stats, or any objective measure of quarterbacking can you cling to to support your view? I mean, I guess if you believe the earth is flat, you believe the earth is flat, but.. it's not.

I dont think we need to bring up the other guy when discussing cousins qualifications at quarterback, they speak for themselves.

I studied physics, but some how you jumped to the conclusion I believe the earth is flat. Have a good day.

Dude I LOVED Robert's OROY campaign. I did. But, FWIW, he threw 20 TDs, which Kirk just ripped off in NINE games. Robert did add seven on the ground, I believe Kirk has five. Give him credit, this ended-up being an incredible season. There is nothing left for him to prove. I guess you can argue he has to prove he will be the same guy once he see's the money, but given that he drives a 16-year old van most of the time, are you really worried about that?

He has overcome demons and studied hard to improve his game. He waited for a shot and then ran with it. This isn't about a system or some crazy athlete who took the league by storm... This is about a QB commiting to learning a system and then doing it. This is about a 29-year old coordinator learning to trust his 27-year old QB and watching it all come together. This is about having some playmakers and finally figuring out how to give them a chance to do their thing. If you aren't allowing yourself to be excited about this, why have a team dude?

Carolina and Arizona are much better than rest of NFC... Watching GB and Seattle today I say bring it on. We have a shot to do something. One more GM SM offseason and we can be ready for a tougher schedule next year as well.

Dude who said I'm not excited?? I wrote multiple time I'm very excited!! I'm so happy we're in the play off, but not sold on Kirk. You may not like my opinion but you have to respect it!

The scorned weathered doubters persisted all throughout this thread today and the past few weeks. Here's to all the skins fans who Never lost faith good things would happen if we kept choppin wood. Gruden and Staff deserve huge praise. This isn't a shot in the dark, this was earned from the ground up through blood sweat tears and hard work!!

Since the 80s, how many times have you "never lost faith" and how many times did "good things happen?"

This was a great game and the past month plus has been awesome. I agree, the coaches and players deserve a ton of props.

I think next year the mods should not allow Robert be mentioned in any thread outside of around the NFL.

Let Kirk keep racking up the wins and if he continues next year...the chatter will stop on its own.

Okay. Sounds depressing.

Just out of curiosity - what would you do this off season at QB?

QB competition again,and draft a Qb if Robert Griffin leave. I would give Robert a sound offer. At least we could say we tried.

I think next year the mods should not allow Robert be mentioned in any thread outside of around the NFL.

Most likely will. Also I already have plans of making an Rg3 shrine(since I'm such the rg3 fan boy) in the around the league thread. The thread will be posted once rg3 is released.

Archived