Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Eagles (NFC East Champions!)

JimmiJo

I'm loving the mediaots reaction to Skins "sudden" emergence as an NFL power ... like deer caught in the headlights.

Only a very few of us here on ES saw this coming!

And don't be too surprised if Skins continue to rock the NFL world.

Let's not get carried away and call the team an "NFL Power" yet. Winning eight games after winning four the year before is real progress. But winning an awful division isn't saying a whole lot about us compared to the good teams in the league, and we've got a ways to go to be an actual NFL power even if we manage continue this upward progression.

I don't think it's a big deal that he missed it. He had a good season and his job should be safe. And I think under the circumstances of the low snap, he shouldn't get killed for missing the kick.

100% agree. More was in response to the post that he had a bad game and he didn't have touch backs.

Seriously dude?  Which part you are not sold on, the franchise records he has broken this year with a game to go or the fact that for the first time in forever he guided this team to a division title with a game to go.

I'm not sold on Kirk doing it on a consistent basic. Congratulations we won the NFC East in a weak division. The redskins are going to play some tough quality opponents next year. I'm sure you forgot the rookie of the year and some rushing franchise record RG3 set, but sure at that time you were sold. 

Well everyone excuse for Kirk is he didn't have a lot of start or reps. Well he has them now and a lot more game film on him. So like I said I'm waiting for next year.[/

Excuse? Kirk has earned RESPECT.

Yes excuses! Kirk even had his coach throwing him excuses down to the wind. I know everyone don't want to talk about it right now because he's was at the helm guiding us to a NFCE title, but even with this I have the balls to say how I feel in this moment. I won't be one of those fans staying quiet and then pop up a year later saying "Kirk cousin suck." I will feel this way until i see more, and it's simple as that. I'm not drinking the Kool-aid yet.

Admit it, you aren't a REAL SKINS FAN, because damn, we just won the NFCE....stop the negativity. Cousins has more growing to do, but he grew enough over the season to lead us from worst to first. What more do you want?

I've said this in  other post that I hope Kirk becomes that QB we all hope for. I stated I was going to enjoy and celebrate my Redskins being NFCE champs. But because I'm not sold on Kirk I'm not a fan. HAHAHAHAHA ok..... Like i wrote to you before I'm not sold on Kirk. Don't forget this is a team game and not everything good thing is because of the QB position. 

You lost me when you said the Cowboys defense is good considering how many collapses they've had this season... The Pats game Kirk was the only one who came to play and he was hurt by nine drops. Carolina should have been 21-21 at the half, we got done dirty by the officials and we feel apart. There is nothing on tape with the WCO that is suddenly going to reveal how to scheme on it... If there was it would have been found in the last three decades of football. That is the difference to 2012. I loved Robert, still do, but nobody believed he could continue to run for 800 yards a season or that people would not learn a counter for the RO. This is different. Cousins got better as the season went along and the coaches got more aggressive. This was without a running game to speak of. Pretty damn impressive.

Skins have only had this sort of QB play twice in the last 25 years... Johnson in 1999 and Rypien in 1991. That is the reality. Ryp was never as good again and he was a bad fit for the WCO put in after Gibbs retired. Then he had health issues. Johnson had several good years in TB and won a Super Bowl. Kirk is entering his prime years right now.

This isn't about dropping drinking Kool Aid. I actually hate the WCO personally, but it is what our coach knows and he has found the right guy to run it and had the right guy to pick players to flourish in it. So my advice is to embrace it, have a celebratory drink or two and stop being a Grinch my man! HTTR!

Well how could I lose you with the Cowboys defence? By all measurements shouldn't he have done well against the Cowboys defence since they were so bad? Many pundits said he missed a few receivers. The Carolina game one could make the same argument about a few times Rg3 was leading us back when a penalty stalled drives. I agree with that everyone didn't believe rg3 would forever run for 800 yrds including RG3 himself. The RO covered up a lot of deficiency of the entire team that year. 

TheCoach22 you have to factor in that in 1991 and 1999 those were different era, and this era is very designed for QB to be putting up the numbers he's putting up.

I'm not being the grinch! I wrote in many of my other post that I will enjoy the Redskins being the NFC east champs, but I'm not sold on Kirk Cousin. Maybe RG3 isn't a WCo either that's why I think this break up might be for the best. I think he needs to find a place that's the right fit for him, and it may show how the redskins mishandle Robert. This organization has a reputation in going in different direction, but it does feel like for once we're all going in the same direction whether that's good or bad. 

Skins patience has paid off and same with our fans.  We are in the playoffs!!  Jay Gruden is getting better as head coach and his assistant coaches are helping too.  Scott M. our General Manager is finding players to fill in for our injured players.  Pierre Thomas played very well against the Eagles.   Cousins is getting better every game.  This team is hot and on a roll.  But also credit Bruce Allen for bringing in Scott who knows how to scout players.  Also the Danny is being quiet while paying the checks which is a good thing too.

I'm not being the grinch! I wrote in many of my other post that I will enjoy the Redskins being the NFC east champs, but I'm not sold on Kirk Cousin. Maybe RG3 isn't a WCo either that's why I think this break up might be for the best. I think he needs to find a place that's the right fit for him, and it may show how the redskins mishandle Robert. This organization has a reputation in going in different direction, but it does feel like for once we're all going in the same direction whether that's good or bad. 

I'm glad you enjoy our NFC East championship?  What the heck are you saying here?  This is just weird.  Anyway, hail.  

I'm glad you enjoy our NFC East championship? What the heck are you saying here? This is just weird. Anyway, hail.

Let me break it down for you!

1. I don't believe right now Kirks The to lead us in the future

2. I'm happy he was able to guide this team to a Nfce champion, but considering this was a very bad division this season I'm not surprised.

2. I'm happy he was able to guide this team to a Nfce champion, but considering this was a very bad division this season I'm not surprised.

Of course, if this had been Griffin that led us to an NFC East crown in "a very bad division", I'm sure your skepticism wouldn't be so strong, would it? :rolleyes:

Let me break it down for you.

You are being a whiny Griffin fanboy, who is trying to hide his bitterness of his fav QB's fortunes behind a weak "Not sold on Cousins" mantra.

You aren't fooling anyone, you know.

You aren't surprised they won the division...yet I'm nearly 110% sure that you predicted the team would have double digit losses this season

Keep fighting that good fight homie.

I'm not sold on Kirk doing it on a consistent basic. Congratulations we won the NFC East in a weak division. The redskins are going to play some tough quality opponents next year. I'm sure you forgot the rookie of the year and some rushing franchise record RG3 set, but sure at that time you were sold.

Yeah so let's take away the Panthers' division title from last year too

Archived