Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Eagles (NFC East Champions!)

JimmiJo

QB competition again,and draft a Qb if Robert Griffin leave. I would give Robert a sound offer. At least we could say we tried.

Most likely will. Also I already have plans of making an Rg3 shrine(since I'm such the rg3 fan boy) in the around the league thread. The thread will be posted once rg3 is released.

Answer the question.  Don't tap dance.

There is only 1 QB we have locked in (if we choose) for next season, it's Robert.  So there is no sound offer needed.  He has a signed contract that we can choose to execute or not.

So you are saying let Kirk walk (he is a free agent) pay Robert 16M and draft a QB and have a competition?  Is that your premise?  We pay Robert 16M and draft his replacement?

I prefer serious discussions over emotional, but hit me with it.

Answer the question. Don't tap dance.

There is only 1 QB we have locked in (if we choose) for next season, it's Robert. So there is no sound offer needed. He has a signed contract that we can choose to execute or not.

So you are saying let Kirk walk (he is a free agent) pay Robert 16M and draft a QB and have a competition? Is that your premise? We pay Robert 16M and draft his replacement?

I prefer serious discussions over emotional, but hit me with it.

What are you talking about far as tap dancing? I was as to the point as I possibly could have been. When I say give a new contract I mean something fair for his performance through out his career. No way am I saying offer him the 16 million. I'm saying offer Kirk a contract for his performance through out his career, and something he would find on the open market. I think you were thinking very tunnel vision.

What are you talking about far as tap dancing? I was as to the point as I possibly could have been. When I say give a new contract I mean something fair for his performance through out his career. No way am I saying offer him the 16 million. I'm saying offer Kirk a contract for his performance through out his career, and something he would find on the open market. I think you were thinking very tunnel vision.

Maybe you don't express yourself well.  Robert has a sound offer if we wish to keep him, he is under contract next year for 16 M.  Kirk is a free agent.

So you want to let Robert walk and offer Kirk a contract.  Got it.

Maybe you don't express yourself well. Robert has a sound offer if we wish to keep him, he is under contract next year for 16 M. Kirk is a free agent.

So you want to let Robert walk and offer Kirk a contract. Got it.

Maybe I don't or maybe you were just going tunnel vision and assuming just those one options as the only scenarios.

They can make an offer to Rg3 now whether he accepts is very unlikely. Like I said before if he doesn't then draft another Qb and dare I say just franchise Kirk and make him prove it again. Hopefully I expressed myself clear enough for you.... Or maybe I'm still tap dancing!

Maybe I don't or maybe you were just going tunnel vision and assuming just those one options as the only scenarios.

They can make an offer to Rg3 now whether he accepts is very unlikely. Like I said before if he doesn't then draft another Qb and dare I say just franchise Kirk and make him prove it again. Hopefully I expressed myself clear enough for you.... Or maybe I'm still tap dancing!

Sorry, now I get it, even though our best offensive players back Kirk over Robert, you want to first offer Robert a long term deal even though the team has made it clear they don't want him.

If he refuses, then you want to franchise Kirk for one year and piss him off and draft another QB.

Then leave the team in another drama filed year.

I understand now.

Sorry, now I get it, even though our best offensive players back Kirk over Robert, you want to first offer Robert a long term deal even though the team has made it clear they don't want him.

If he refuses, then you want to franchise Kirk for one year and piss him off and draft another QB.

Then leave the team in another drama filed year.

I understand now.

Not offer Robert a long term deal, but something friendly. I think Kirk contract should be friendly too. I'm rather franchise Kirk have a prove it in year two deal. Kirk going get something close to that any right? I believe you already stated that earlier. You're worried about drama but drama will follow the Redskins if we lose what's the difference. But I hope you can see this clearer now.

No Redskins fans will be laughing if Kirk disappoints us in the end.

I won't be laughing at Kirk, but more at the fans who quickly drunk the Kool-aid. I feel like this is the same story as the 2012 and look how that turned out. I'm just saying wait another year on Kirk before we pull the trigger.

Wish fan here would stop questioning redskinfans loyalty because they disagree. I'm a redskin fan first and posted all on my Facebook that the redskins are division champs. I love it!

Not offer Robert a long term deal, but something friendly. I think Kirk contract should be friendly too. I'm rather franchise Kirk have a prove it in year two deal. Kirk going get something close to that any right? I believe you already stated that earlier. You're worried about drama but drama will follow the Redskins if we lose what's the difference. But I hope you can see this clearer now.

Well you make no sense because Robert wouldn't sign a deal here if we offer Kirk a friendly contract.  You can't tap dance on both QB's future.  Robert is gone.  So you have to decide to be a Redskins fan or a Robert fan.  You can't be both.

Well you make no sense because Robert wouldn't sign a deal here if we offer Kirk a friendly contract. You can't tap dance on both QB's future. Robert is gone. So you have to decide to be a Redskins fan or a Robert fan. You can't be both.

Uh that's why I said it's worth a try but admitted its not likely outcome. I also wrote at least we could say we tried. I think your trying to beat the drum so hard about choosing when I clearly state I'm a redskins fan first. It's funny if the redskin felt this way about now playing with a Qb future then why keep him RG3 instead of releasing him.

Also to answer your other question I can be both a redskin fan, rg3 fan, drew Bree's fan, Payton, but I'm a redskin fan first.

Main-Maine, it's not the validity of your opinions that's the problem here... though there are plenty of arguable flaws there. 

It's the timing and context of them. Just, terrible. :/

Like, I imagine you're the guy criticizing the kindergarten play and how poorly written the script was right after it's over, during the kids all celebrating their accomplishment and even if it was pretty well done. :lol:  

Uh that's why I said it's worth a try but admitted its not likely outcome. I also wrote at least we could say we tried. I think your trying to beat the drum so hard about choosing when I clearly state I'm a redskins fan first. It's funny if the redskin felt this way about now playing with a Qb future then why keep him RG3 instead of releasing him.

Scot our GM is rumored to be saying the RG3 contract was a mistake.

Your timing on your Robert fandom is odd given Kirk's success this year.

Regardless, we will move on without Robert.  Why you would build a shrine to him seems odd.

Main-Maine, it's not the validity of your opinions that's the problem here... though there are plenty of arguable flaws there.

It's the timing and context of them. Just, terrible. :/

Like, I imagine you're the guy criticizing the kindergarten play and how poorly written the script was right after it's over, during the kids all celebrating their accomplishment and even if it was pretty well done. :lol:

Well I think their are flaws on both sides. If I say I'm still not sold on Kirk I become a hater. I rather say how I feel in the open when we're up and down so no one can criticize. My context haven't been bad please explain how it has? I stated I hope Kirk become that Qb we need him to be, but I'm not yet sold on him. I'm very happy that we won the the division. But I want to see Kirk do it in year two and rather see a franchise tag placed.

To your point about the kindergarten I feel I'm saying "yay good job", but saying to my wife the honest truth in her ear. Kids won't know and can't hear me, and the same goes for Kirk and the Redskins correct?

Scot our GM is rumored to be saying the RG3 contract was a mistake.

Your timing on your Robert fandom is odd given Kirk's success this year.

Regardless, we will move on without Robert. Why you would build a shrine to him seems odd.

So when would be a good time to say it since my timing is so off?? I've been saying the same thing for a while, and even said he's winning me over in a few game threads. I'm just not sold on him yet...

I was sarcastic about the hole shrine thing but will have a thread focusing on rg3 career outside the redskins organization.

Well I think their are flaws on both sides. If I say I'm still not sold on Kirk I become a hater. I rather say how I feel in the open when we're up and down so no one can criticize. My context haven't been bad please explain how it has? I stated I hope Kirk become that Qb we need him to be, but I'm not yet sold on him. I'm very happy that we won the the division. But I want to see Kirk do it in year two and rather see a franchise tag placed.

To your point about the kindergarten I feel I'm saying "yay good job", but saying to my wife the honest truth in her ear. Kids won't know and can't hear me, and the same goes for Kirk and the Redskins correct?

So your wife and closest confidant is this very public message board in this analogy. Hmmmm.... :lol:

I don't know, man, we're all celebrating an awesome win for the NFC East championship. It's kind of silly to make it a point to come in immediately afterwards and downplay Kirk's performance. We can believe it's great without getting into long term prognostications, but even if some do and get ahead of themselves... man, give them a day or two.

Heck, you're obsessively talking about offseason QB decisions and we still got another regular season matchup as well as a playoff game. You don't think that's a little weird?

So when would be a good time to say it since my timing is so off?? I've been saying the same thing for a while, and even said he's winning me over in a few game threads. I'm just not sold on him yet...

I was sarcastic about the hole shrine thing but will have a thread focusing on rg3 career outside the redskins organization.

This is more like your wife is leaving you for another man...Robert going to another team...but you decide you prefer to watch her be happy in her new relationship and hope she does better with her new man than you. Weird

So your wife and closest confidant is this very public message board in this analogy. Hmmmm.... :lol:

I don't know, man, we're all celebrating an awesome win for the NFC East championship. It's kind of silly to make it a point to come in immediately afterwards and downplay Kirk's performance. We can believe it's great without getting into long term prognostications, but even if some do and get ahead of themselves... man, give them a day or two.

Heck, you're obsessively talking about offseason QB decisions and we still got another regular season matchup as well as a playoff game. You don't think that's a little weird?

Yes you guys are like my wife! we tell each other everything about how we feel about the redskins. Do you not feel the same? If not your no extremskin fan lol!!!! I thought you loved us! :P

That's were your wrong people asked me what I would do this offseason with the the Qb position. I'll accept it was ill time to let that be known, but still it's how I feel.

This is more like your wife is leaving you for another man...Robert going to another team...but you decide you prefer to watch her be happy in her new relationship and hope she does better with her new man than you. Weird

No no no! This is more like my mom leaving my dad and I'm wanting them both to do well. I'm thinking maybe their's still hope! If only they tried this ! I'm giving the new girl a chance but not sold she's right for dad. :) now that's a better analogy.

I love that we knocked out both the Giants and Ickles with this one glorious win. 

Fans of the others in our division try to take solace in thinking we are the NFCLeast and diminish our accomplishments, but we are trending up to close out the year. We are closer to beast than least right now. 

Kirk is the Grinch. 

I think next year the mods should not allow Robert be mentioned in any thread outside of around the NFL.

If Griffin is not on this team next year, then anything about will have to be put in the 'Around the NFL' forum.

As things are set-up right now, it is a strong bet that he won't be on the Redskins next year, as they aren't going to use up $16 million in cap space for a player sitting on the bench.

I find it really shameful that in the midst of a NFC East title and playoff run, people still want to hold onto past issues, and refuse to, (for once every 4-5 years when it comes to this team) be happy. Almost wish I could help somehow. Almost.

The question is- exactly what would help? Therapy? Nylon straps and D rings? Ketamine?

Archived