Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Eagles (NFC East Champions!)

JimmiJo

Special note to Howard Eskin:  "You like that?"

Hope the Junkies have him back on the air this week and rub it in his face after his arrogant interview this week saying there was no doubt Filthy would win the game and the division would be decided in Week 17.

I lived in Philly in junior high and high school and loved listening to Howard back then (this was even before WIP!)  but he has really become a caricature of himself. He just sounded stupid when he was on with the Junks.

Back to the game and VoR's list......the one quibble I'd have is going for 2 on the last TD. If you miss it, Eagles need two 8 pt TDs and a FG to tie.  Granted, unlikely with 8 minutes left, but I think its better than calculating that they need 21 to tie if you make it. 

Yeah, Preston Smith with 3 sacks against JASON PETERS!  It was HUGE!

But my favorite play last night was that throw to Garcon in the 4th.  That was a grown up, holy **** throw.  Ian Eagle hit it on the head.  In stride and right in the bucket.

ST were not great either, we gave up a fifty yard return, Hopkins was unable to boot it out of the endzone, and I heard someone saying something about the yilps.

This is stupid.

Hopkins missed the extra point because the holder screwed up the hold.

His kickoffs were 5 touchbacks, 1 return to the 17 on a high as duck kick that the Eagles should have downed and 1 long return.

People said this same stuff about RG3 during the 2012 run. Bam film got out and everyone saying he sucks. I have yet to see Kirk do this against good defense. Eagles been torched by a lot of Qb. Don't believe ? Go check? Same for bills defense, New Orleans, Chicago,New York. You know which defense that gave him trouble? Cowboys, pats, Carolina Panthers.

I'm happy Kirk doing good and hope he's can be that franchise QB. I'm just not sold. You just with the rest of the favs who drinks the kool-aid too quick! I'm done doing that...got burnt once and won't again.

Admit it, you aren't a REAL SKINS FAN, because damn, we just won the NFCE....stop the negativity. Cousins has more growing to do, but he grew enough over the season to lead us from worst to first. What more do you want?

Im glad we won.... but, i wouldn't say the Eagles were a good offensive team.

I thouht bradford played OK, but his receivers couldn't catch a ball to save their life. IMO, if Bradford had our receivers, the Eagles would have won.

good win, but let's not pretend we're the Giants on a playoff push. I hate being a negative nancy but it is what is is.

Why do you hate being "negative nancy"? I mean, you do it so well, and so often.

This is stupid.

His kickoffs were 5 touchbacks, 1 return to the 17 on a high as duck kick that the Eagles should have downed and 1 long return.

I was making a joke about those yilps....

Why do you hate being "negative nancy"? I mean, you do it so well, and so often.

so often?

Its easy for me to say in hindsight, but I didn't have a problem with it. I was kind of champing at the bit after we recovered the onside kick to maybe take a deep shot from around midfield on third down, but screw it.  In this league where it seems like many coaches are petrified to put their defenses on the field and wind up mismanaging the clock, we just made sure the Eagles didn't rattle off any huge plays and made them use their timeouts and had confidence in the D late.  It was refreshing to see.

Agreed.  The final 10 minutes, I thought we did exactly right, and was not nervous a bit. 

I said, in the chat, that I'm perfectly happy to let then run/throw for 10 yards up the middle, on every play, for the rest of the game. 

We're up by 21 points, with 8 minutes to go.  Darned right I'll trade 7 points for 4 minutes.  (Do the math.) 

(And then, when we get the ball, I'm perfectly happy to do 3 runs and punt.  Heck, I'd be happy to take three knees and punt.) 

This is stupid.

The hold looked decent. The snap was low, but the holder corralled it well. Maybe the sequence slowed Hopkins down and that's why he pushed it, but I'd put the missed extra point on him ultimately.

The hold looked decent. The snap was low, but the holder corralled it well. Maybe the sequence slowed Hopkins down and that's why he pushed it, but I'd put the missed extra point on him ultimately.

Wish I could read lips. He was pretty angry after the kick and said something to the holder.

Yeah, Preston Smith with 3 sacks against JASON PETERS! It was HUGE!

But my favorite play last night was that throw to Garcon in the 4th. That was a grown up, holy **** throw. Ian Eagle hit it on the head. In stride and right in the bucket.

But his call was "he dropped it in the bucket"

And I swear there was ever so slightly a pause between "it" and "in" and my heart stopped....

I'm loving the mediaots reaction to Skins "sudden" emergence as an NFL power ... like deer caught in the headlights.

Only a very few of us here on ES saw this coming!

And don't be too surprised if Skins continue to rock the NFL world.

I didn't see it coming. But eh, I'll take it

But his call was "he dropped it in the bucket"

And I swear there was ever so slightly a pause between "it" and "in" and my heart stopped....

Yeah, I was in the process of typing "TOUCHDOWN WASH..." and then I looked up.  It was a delay between the catch and his call.

It's funny just how similar all of us are :lol:

Great game! I'm glad the extra point and no fg at end of half didn't cost us. I think Albert has plenty gas left in the tank. It's just the OL isn't doing run blocking too well. He looked fine at beginning of the season before the LG and C got hurt.

The line is now more power and Morris is a one cut ZBS back. That said, dude is even slower and he was never fast. Pierre Thomas had two nice runs last night that Morris just isn't capable of anymore. Also, Thomas is a threat to catch a ball (67 yards last night), where as there is no threat with Morris. The team should give Morris 30 carries in Dallas and 3 in the playoffs. He is done.

I watched the game early on the morning, that was quite a statement this team made. It seems those guys are playing better and better each week. Preston had his best game of the season vs a pro bowler, and Cpt Kirk keeps on delivering when it matters. Last but not least, that's a long time I didn't see such a group of rookies performing like that. Props to the coaching staff too.

Hail

People said this same stuff about RG3 during the 2012 run. Bam film got out and everyone saying he sucks. I have yet to see Kirk do this against good defense. Eagles been torched by a lot of Qb. Don't believe ? Go check? Same for bills defense, New Orleans, Chicago,New York. You know which defense that gave him trouble? Cowboys, pats, Carolina Panthers.

I'm happy Kirk doing good and hope he's can be that franchise QB. I'm just not sold. You just with the rest of the favs who drinks the kool-aid too quick! I'm done doing that...got burnt once and won't again.

You lost me when you said the Cowboys defense is good considering how many collapses they've had this season... The Pats game Kirk was the only one who came to play and he was hurt by nine drops. Carolina should have been 21-21 at the half, we got done dirty by the officials and we feel apart. There is nothing on tape with the WCO that is suddenly going to reveal how to scheme on it... If there was it would have been found in the last three decades of football. That is the difference to 2012. I loved Robert, still do, but nobody believed he could continue to run for 800 yards a season or that people would not learn a counter for the RO. This is different. Cousins got better as the season went along and the coaches got more aggressive. This was without a running game to speak of. Pretty damn impressive.

Skins have only had this sort of QB play twice in the last 25 years... Johnson in 1999 and Rypien in 1991. That is the reality. Ryp was never as good again and he was a bad fit for the WCO put in after Gibbs retired. Then he had health issues. Johnson had several good years in TB and won a Super Bowl. Kirk is entering his prime years right now.

This isn't about dropping drinking Kool Aid. I actually hate the WCO personally, but it is what our coach knows and he has found the right guy to run it and had the right guy to pick players to flourish in it. So my advice is to embrace it, have a celebratory drink or two and stop being a Grinch my man! HTTR!

Offseason to-do list:

1. Fix running game.

Ive been thinking this to.....If its not the #1 priority, its definitely top 3......

For the rest of this season, I think we should bench Morris, and run P. Thomas, C. Thompson, & Matt Jones....POSSIBLY in that order. I like what I saw out of Pierre Thomas this game. Huge Jones fan, but tither Thomas or Thompson should get the start.

Archived