Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Eagles (NFC East Champions!)

JimmiJo

Some of these "fans" are not Redskins fans. They are RG3 fans. I have no idea how after seeing him play after 2012 you could make any argument for him to get another chance after what Kirk has done.

Main-Maine I'm gonna call a spade a spade and you are an RG3 fan. Whenever he is released from this team feel free to follow him wherever he ends up.

Guys like Wisdom Martin @WisdomFOX5 are RG3 fans and can't deny they are making it a black and white issue. I've watched how over the past few weeks he acted like it would kill him to give Kirk credit. I work with some guys like that to.

Back when we beat Tampa a coworker of mine said the only way he would like Kirk is if he took us to the playoffs. Here we are in the playoffs and hes still making excuses not to like Kirk. You guys are not fans please follow RG3 to the team he ends up on.

Never been a fan of resting guys for the paloffs.

It may be a dead game per se outside of the 'rivalry', but two weeks between games can lead to rustiness.

Hail.

Yeah, I'd treat it like a 2nd or 3rd preseason game.. but I'd definitely rest the banged up and older guys, except for TW - he needs to be out there while Cousins is.

Hey I'm writing on my cell

So am I. What? The only difference here is you use it as a film flam excuse for your tone. What? I said your tone. What? I said your tone What? What? What? What? What? /kickinthegutStunnercatchesbeercans

QB competition again,and draft a Qb if Robert Griffin leave. I would give Robert a sound offer. At least we could say we tried.

Most likely will. Also I already have plans of making an Rg3 shrine(since I'm such the rg3 fan boy) in the around the league thread. The thread will be posted once rg3 is released.

I was kind of with you a little until this post.

Im a self admitted devils advocate junky and i see where you were going with your argument, so many players have shown flashes of greatness and fizzled out that its too early to tell if cousins is going to be the next great quarterback to lead us into the future or if he's going to be the next nick foles or rg3, someone who flashed in the pan and burned out.

I got all that but unfortunately the wheels really came off your argument here.

How can you honestly say with what cousins has shown this year that he hasn't at bare minimum earned the right to be the unquestioned starter next year.

If we opened up a quarterback competition in camp next year everybody would think we've lost our minds.

I thought this thread was pretty much over, but boy was I wrong!

Did Bellevue have an early release program?

I'm trying to figure out just what is going on with Griffin, or should I say a 'supporter' of him, and the only thing I can come up with is that this person has taken an' extremely cautious but optimistic' approach to Cousins; more cautious than optimistic.

Yes, Jumbo, blame me :P ; maybe he read what I typed and took it to the extreme.

But we're ALL hoping KC will be the future QB for many years to come, improving as he goes along. Is he there yet? I think the answer is no, but he's sure on his way. He's done a lot of good things, and I'm sure he will even admit that he still has work to do; ALL QBs say the same thing because its an ever-changing NFL, with new talent coming every year, and others upping their game to be better; its competition.

KC has gotten us the NFC East Championship; you gotta like that...

So am I. What? The only difference here is you use it as a film flam excuse for your tone. What? I said your tone. What? I said your tone What? What? What? What? What? /kickinthegutStunnercatchesbeercans

No I wasn't using it as a excuse for my tone, but seem like you're mad because I'm not sold on Kirk too? I'm sure you will suggest otherwise.

I was kind of with you a little until this post.

Im a self admitted devils advocate junky and i see where you were going with your argument, so many players have shown flashes of greatness and fizzled out that its too early to tell if cousins is going to be the next great quarterback to lead us into the future or if he's going to be the next nick foles or rg3, someone who flashed in the pan and burned out.

I got all that but unfortunately the wheels really came off your argument here.

How can you honestly say with what cousins has shown this year that he hasn't at bare minimum earned the right to be the unquestioned starter next year.

If we opened up a quarterback competition in camp next year everybody would think we've lost our minds.

I agree Kirk should have the starting job going into camp, but I think we should have some kind of developmental QB on the bench. 

I don't want to see Colt.

I thought this thread was pretty much over, but boy was I wrong!

Did Bellevue have an early release program?

I'm trying to figure out just what is going on with Griffin, or should I say a 'supporter' of him, and the only thing I can come up with is that this person has taken an' extremely cautious but optimistic' approach to Cousins; more cautious than optimistic.

Yes, Jumbo, blame me :P ; maybe he read what I typed and took it to the extreme.

But we're ALL hoping KC will be the future QB for many years to come, improving as he goes along. Is he there yet? I think the answer is no, but he's sure on his way. He's done a lot of good things, and I'm sure he will even admit that he still has work to do; ALL QBs say the same thing because its an ever-changing NFL, with new talent coming every year, and others upping their game to be better; its competition.

KC has gotten us the NFC East Championship; you gotta like that...

Many people on this board feel I want Kirk to fail and that's further from the truth. I want Kirk to be that guy, but I'm just not sold on him just yet.  Members will have to accept it or not ,but it's no use getting butt hurt about it while also name calling. 

No I wasn't using it as a excuse for my tone, but seem like you're mad because I'm not sold on Kirk too? I'm sure you will suggest otherwise.

What?

I agree Kirk should have the starting job going into camp, but I think we should have some kind of developmental QB on the bench.

I don't want to see Colt.

What?

Many people on this board feel I want Kirk to fail and that's further from the truth. I want Kirk to be that guy, but I'm just not sold on him just yet. Members will have to accept it or not ,but it's no use getting butt hurt about it while also name calling.

What?

Not gonna lie... there were about 5000 of us that lost our mind in the draft thread when we picked him.

We all wanted a Safety that is probably on his 4th team right now.

We're dumb and thank god for it.

If you mean Swearinger, I remember many of us wanted him instead of Amerson with the first pick (2nd rounder). 

The Jordan Reed pick was when people wanted Tyrann Mathieu in the third instead of Reed. Hard to argue against Reed now but Mathieu would have probably had a comparable impact on the other side of the ball

If you mean Swearinger, I remember many of us wanted him instead of Amerson with the first pick (2nd rounder). 

The Jordan Reed pick was when people wanted Tyrann Mathieu in the third instead of Reed. Hard to argue against Reed now but Mathieu would have probably had a comparable impact on the other side of the ball

I meant all of the safeties.

Including Rambo.

I'm guilty, too.

Main-Maine actually has some fair points, unfortunately he's picking an awful thread and time to express those points in. We just won the freaking NFC east in a year where we were picked to finish dead last in the NFL. Everyone here is jacked up and celebrating, justifiably so, an unexpected season.

The conversation of Kirk should be had after the season is over, right now we are enjoying a post season appearance, and one of the best quarterbacked seasons in recent redskins history. Main-Maine I suggest you enjoy this season, we don't get many of them, and enjoy what Kirk is accomplishing right now.

Main-Maine actually has some fair points, unfortunately he's picking an awful thread and time to express those points in. We just won the freaking NFC east in a year where we were picked to finish dead last in the NFL. Everyone here is jacked up and celebrating, justifiably so, an unexpected season.

The conversation of Kirk should be had after the season is over, right now we are enjoying a post season appearance, and one of the best quarterbacked seasons in recent redskins history. Main-Maine I suggest you enjoy this season, we don't get many of them, and enjoy what Kirk is accomplishing right now.

Yeah I wish I didn't express those thoughts in this thread when another poster asked me to elaborate. 

Archived