Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Of course, one could also note that 2017 asylum requests were way up as a result of applicants attempting to get ahead of anticipated changes in US immigration policy.  And this statement would have the benefit of being reasoned and factual.  In fact, March 2017 was the highest month in US history and has declined significantly from there.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/asylum-applications

jh8M68y.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Larry said:

So, your point is that we should all approve of punishing people by confiscating their children, because it isn't even producing it's stated, desired, result?  

My point is ya'll are of full of ****.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thank god.  Donald Trump has saved these poor people from... himself!

Not sure that's quite true. Sounds like he's decided to replace one system of intentional, systematic, abuse with a different one. 

Just now, HooHog said:

Trump supporters while he's separating families:  he's doing the right thing

Trump supporters after he stops separating families:  see, he's doing the right thing

Actually, I think this is how it will go:

Trump supporters after he stops separating families... see, he ended the Democrats evil practice.

Fat chance these monsters own up to this as their own disaster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HooHog said:

Trump supporters while he's separating families:  he's doing the right thing

Trump supporters after he stops separating families:  see, he's doing the right thing

Depends on how you define right. :kickcan:

Is what he plans to do like Obama and DAPA(which the courts ruled against) and ignore the rule of law till checked?

Will he ignore Flores?

8 minutes ago, bearrock said:

GOP? *ducks*

Seems like most of the people want this done, they just want it done on their terms so they can get some additional thing they want.

Turning that into legally challenging a stoppage is a little different. Especially for anyone in a campaign yer. Maybe it wouldnt' matter, but right now I think it would be a very bad look and they know it...

If Trump ends this situation he created... how much credit do I give him for cleaning up his mess? Damn little.

How much credit do I give to the media and the American citizens... most of it. However, this wasn't even a battle in the war. This was a salvo. Trump and the GOP majority in Congress have been revealed. 55% of the Republican Party who approved of internment camps and Nazi tactics have been revealed too.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Um, who let Mengele in?

What the ****...

“You don’t have to be a rocket scientist here; it looks like they’re trying to control agitation and aggressive behavior with antipsychotic drugs,” said Mills, who practices in the Washington, D.C., area and was an expert witness for a lawsuit that in 2008 stopped the federal government from forcibly administering antipsychotic drugs to deportees.

“You don’t need to administer these kinds of drugs unless someone is plucking out their eyeball or some such. The facility should not use these drugs to control behavior. That’s not what antipsychotics should be used for. That’s like the old Soviet Union used to do.”

The records were filed in connection with an ongoing class action status lawsuit alleging poor treatment of  immigrant children in U.S. custody. An attorney representing the children said youth separated from their parents often become depressed, angry, anxious and, sometimes, unruly and that, in turn, encourages prescription of inappropriate medication.

One child was prescribed 10 different shots and pills, including the antipsychotic drugs Latuda, Geodon and Olanzapine, the Parkinson’s medication Benztropine, the seizure medications Clonazepam and Divalproex, the nerve pain medication and antidepressant Duloxetine, and the cognition enhancer Guanfacine.

Dosage recommendations at Shiloh gave orderlies what Mills called an unusually wide berth to determine how much medicine to give the children.

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Let's hear the equivocators and apologists defend this, if it is true.

I don't think this will be hard for twa to defend. My guess is that he'll question why we are opposed to children's safety. Besides, keeping them drugged out reduces the stress of missing their parents. Forced and unnecessary use of psychotropics is the best way for them to reduce child abuse by committing child abuse.

Besides, where's your sympathy for the poor guards and people running the internment camps. It can't be fun hearing all that wailing and crying.

• Like 1