Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

48 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

No, you don’t have to pretend. Most of them are people fleeing horrible conditions who are committing misdemeanors at worst or seeking amnesty at best. 

That shouldnt be enough of a disqualifier to lend them some human decency and keep their children from being separated and put in cages, don’t you think?

What are you even trying to imply with your comment?

We still haven’t gotten any visual evidence of the state of the girls and toddlers. I saw something where the media requested photos and were given pictures from a previous year. The fact that they are doing something like that worries the **** out of me. 

They are committing misdemeanors or seeking asylum. They still have no legal right to be in the United States, correct?

Are you saying we should ignore that?

I agree that they shouldn’t be caged in tents, but I’m not really seeing an option c here. do you just send the kid and the adult back across the border? Or should we just let everyone who crosses the border come and go as they please? If we do that, what sort of responsibility do we have to make sure they aren’t victimized here, the way so many our our own homeless and poor are? 

I think you are ignoring the alternative risks. Human trafficking can result much worse environments for these kids and their families than being separated from parents who can’t care for them. 

Trump framed this as a race issue because he wanted the white working class vote, now everyone sees this as a race issue. Keep the brown rapists/murderers people out vs stop the racism and the neonazism.

I think the issue just a wee more complex than that.

19 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Trump framed this as a race issue because he wanted the white working class vote, now everyone sees this as a race issue. Keep the brown rapists/murderers people out vs stop the racism and the neonazism.

Actually, Obama was the one whose policy was to keep rapists/murderers out.  Trump's policy is to keep all illegal immigrants out.  Not just that, he wants to target naturalized American citizens also:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/trump-administration-launches-denaturalization-effort-to-strip-citizenship-from-those-suspected-of-irregularities.html

Trump is a White Nationalist basically.  That's why any comparison to Obama is invalid.  I will just say it, even if Obama caged ten thousand brown children, he would still have more credibility than Trump in the eyes of minorities because 1) minorities voted for him and 2) He did not run as a White Nationalist.

Sure, it's a complicated issue, but under Trump, this is a simple issue.  He wants to make america white again.

Edited by redskins59
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

They are committing misdemeanors or seeking asylum. They still have no legal right to be in the United States, correct?

Are you saying we should ignore that?

I agree that they shouldn’t be caged in tents, but I’m not really seeing an option c here. do you just send the kid and the adult back across the border? Or should we just let everyone who crosses the border come and go as they please? If we do that, what sort of responsibility do we have to make sure they aren’t victimized here, the way so many our our own homeless and poor are? 

I think you are ignoring the alternative risks. Human trafficking can result much worse environments for these kids and their families than being separated from parents who can’t care for them. 

I think the issue just a wee more complex than that.

Instead of this zero tolerance bull**** we can stop overloading the system. We can properly equip immigration courts, HHS, and ancillary support staff to handle the normalized flow of asylum seekers and other immigrants so we can properly screen and process them. 

You have  a staff capable of evaluating children for trauma and vetting their guardians to eliminate the chance of them being human traffickers or some other danger. 

Those who aren’t eligible for asylum are held in centers that are NOT jails and returned as a family back to their country of origin. We can build upon the existing infrastructure HHS already has in place. 

Those who are granted asylum and unaccompanied minors can continue on with the process of integrating into the US with a support structure in place. 

Its regulated and tracked the whole way through while while still maintaining levels of human decency and holding to our inherent values as a country, which is expressed by our Statue of Liberty. 

And most of the above is included in the democratic bill that maybe only one gop senator has voiced support for. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Actually, Obama was the one whose policy was to keep rapists/murderers out.  Trump's policy is to keep all illegal immigrants out.  Not just that, he wants to target naturalized American citizens also:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/trump-administration-launches-denaturalization-effort-to-strip-citizenship-from-those-suspected-of-irregularities.html

Trump is a White Nationalist basically.  That's why any comparison to Obama is invalid.  I will just say it, even if Obama caged ten thousand brown children, he would still have more credibility than Trump in the eyes of minorities because 1) minorities voted for him and 2) He did not run as a White Nationalist.

Sure, it's a complicated issue, but under Trump, this is a simple issue.  He wants to make america white again.

I agree with you. him choosing white nationalism as a platform basically means he’ll never get anything he wants on border security. For a guy priding himself in deal making, he’s backed himself into a corner that makes making a deal with him impossible. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

31 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Actually, Obama was the one whose policy was to keep rapists/murderers out.

His policy failed, but he does get a participation trophy.

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

You certainly missed the point. Which doesn't surprise me at all. Nor does it surprise me that @tshile liked your post since he claims to be some independent, middle of the road person which we all know is bull****.  

The Trump era has completely exposed the moral cowards of this country. 

The GOP is a raging dumpster fire and no amount of whataboutism from our resident fence pigeon crowd will change that. Following First Lady Bush, I am sure we will hear from W soon as well. 

Pretty much every decent person, conservative or liberal can see the difference in what’s being done today versus the past. This is one of the most despicable practices undertaken by the US government and will be a stain on this countries history forever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So do yall actually think immigrants are a danger to the US? Or is there another motive here?

Immigrants or Illegal immigrants?

Cause if you start by giving the middle finger to our laws I'm a bit concerned.

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So do yall actually think immigrants are a danger to the US? Or is there another motive here?

I doubt it matters either way. Its all going down sooner or later due to overpopulation

1 minute ago, twa said:

If you cant answer the question without your usual bull**** I would just rather you not reply to be honest. You already know I'm not here to talk to you. I dont really understand why anyone else does. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If you cant answer the question without your usual bull**** I would just rather you not reply to be honest. You already know I'm not here to talk to you. I dont really understand why anyone else does. 

His response was pretty terrible and not at all a surprise. It shows a tremendous amount of ignorance. 

I personally believe 90% of the people coming here do it for a better life and want to contribute to our society. People here do anything they can to improve their children's lives and they can't grasp brown people from other countries doing the same. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Then why are you replying?

Choosing to break the law as your first act here is a problem to me

7 minutes ago, twa said:

You voted for a man who admitted on tape to sexually assaulting women but congratulations on finding your conscience about people who are mostly escaping death in third world countries.

You are a cheerleader for cruelty, sexual predators, pedophiles and child abuse.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

You voted for a man who admitted on tape to sexually assaulting women but congratulations on finding your conscience about people who are mostly escaping death in third world countries.

You are a cheerleader for cruelty, sexual predators, pedophiles and child abuse.

escaping death in Mexico is not a option?

Me thinks ya;ll are reaching.

2 minutes ago, twa said:

escaping death in Mexico is not a option?

Me thinks ya;ll are reaching.

Staying in Mexico might in fact be a better option at this point. I would avoid any country where there are millions of people like you who hide behind their religion and vote for sexual predators, child abusers and pedophiles. 

Edited by No Excuses

Just now, No Excuses said:

Staying in Mexico might in fact be a better option at this point. I would avoid any country where there are millions of people like you who hide behind their religion and vote for sexual predators, child abusers and pedophiles. 

Mexico does seem a better option than some of you.