Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

We are not responsible for the rest of the world. 

Period. 

A bankrupt country trying to tell others what to do ? 

a crackhead taking in a child ? 

Come on man. 

Fix this United States first, then we can get to other stuff, like being Superman. 

I find it hard to believe you posted that intentionally. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Trump has outright rejected hiring more immigration judges. 

This is all a play to get the dumb ****ing border wall and essentially a freeze on legal immigration.

They are banking on getting support for their god awful immigration policy by holding families hostage. I hope no one caves to these child abusers. It would set a terrible precedent.

I feel like those who want the Wall are just taking a calculated risk. They said "there's a chance we can leverage the cries of the children"

Either way, they keep the "dirty foreigners" out or at least appear to their voters to be trying. Disgraceful.

Edited by Zguy28
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I have passed the point where I can discuss this while I Be Best, so I will leave you gentlemen to it. 

I am pretty much at this point myself. 

This administration has completely exhausted me. They are monsters and govern as pure evil. 

I had to delete my twitter account a few days ago because I simply can’t stomach this anymore. I have no energy left to argue. 

I will do my best to volunteer on Democratic campaigns this year and in 2020 in the hopes that this form of governing is given a strong rebuke by the public. God help us all if these monsters aren’t punished at the ballot box. This country will take a very ugly turn if this ideology wins again.

It is pure evil. I really hope the conservatives who are repulsed by this can hold their nose and vote liberal for a few election cycles. We won’t be getting sane conservativism any time soon if this current GOP isn’t voted out of existence. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to pose these ?s again.

What SHOULD we be doing with the 2000 families that crossed the border illegally, whos kids are now detained.

What SHOULD we do with the future illegal immigrant families?

What SHOULD we do with the 10k plus solo children that are coming across?

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

What SHOULD we be doing with the 2000 families that crossed the border illegally, whos kids are now detained.

Start with not breaking the family unit up.  Then go from there?  Is it possibly for a family to be detained together and sent back together?  I am still searching for an answer as to why separating the families aspect of this is necessary. 

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Not putting them in cages. Not separating them from their families. Not closing the legal ports of entry for asylum seekers. Beyond that, I would defer to immigration experts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am still searching for an answer as to why separating the families aspect of this is necessary. 

At this point, it appears to be a political tool to force action. 

It's creating an interesting situation. I wonder if he'll get what he wants out of it or not.

Just now, tshile said:

It's creating an interesting situation. I wonder if he'll get what he wants out of it or not.

I guess "interesting" is one word for it.

"Despicable" would be one of a few choice words I can think of to describe it.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Start with not breaking the family unit up.  Then go from there?  Is it possibly for a family to be detained together and sent back together?  I am still searching for an answer as to why separating the families aspect of this is necessary. 

It becomes a necessary consequence wwhen the parents are prosecuted and therefore sent to a Federal jail. The kids can't go with them, so they go to their own little prison.

Just now, Heisenberg said:

I guess "interesting" is one word for it.

"Despicable" would be one of a few choice words I can think of to describe it.

Sure, if you can't zoom out and look strictly at the political situation, then you probably would be stuck with a word like despicable.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Current polling shows 2 out 3 disapprove of the policy. We'll see if voters have a long memory.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Current polling shows 2 out 3 disapprove of the policy. We'll see if voters have a long memory.

Disapproving of the policy is the point - He wants his wall funded (which is a major campaign promise he ran on), and congress thought they were being clever with the bill they passed.

Well, he's forcing their hand now. Question is what will congress do.

And if you still haven't figured out whether voters have a long memory or not then I don't know what the hell it is you're doing following politics, because you obviously aren't paying enough attention ;)

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Sure, if you can't zoom out and look strictly at the political situation, then you probably would be stuck with a word like despicable.

Yeah, I mean I saw your point - it is just hard for me to zoom out from what I've seen involving children.

FWIW I didn't intend for that to come across as a shot at you if it was taken that way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Is it possibly for a family to be detained together and sent back together?  I am still searching for an answer as to why separating the families aspect of this is necessary. 

Yes they can stay together and leave together if it is done within the courts timeline.

Yes if they illegally cross and agree to leave

No if they illegally cross then try to claim asylum unless you release them into the US. 

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not putting them in cages. Not separating them from their families. Not closing the legal ports of entry for asylum seekers. Beyond that, I would defer to immigration experts.

That's what I see often.  Things that SHOULDNT be done.  I want to know if anyone has a proposal of what SHOULD be done.

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Disapproving of the policy is the point - He wants his wall funded (which is a major campaign promise he ran on), and congress thought they were being clever with the bill they passed.

Well, he's forcing their hand now. Question is what will congress do.

And if you still haven't figured out whether voters have a long memory or not then I don't know what the hell it is you're doing following politics, because you obviously aren't paying enough attention ;)

If the Dem's cave to the heartstring-based pressure and fund the Wall, you will have a second Trump term. He is forcing them into a corner where soon they will either give him anything to make it stop or sacrifice these children and their parents in the stand against him. It really may be a no win situation for the Democrats. What seems like the lesser of two evils now (the Wall), may be bigger evil in the long run, since it will further a 2020 repeat. The art of the deal again I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

That's what I see often.  Things that SHOULDNT be done.  I want to know if anyone has a proposal of what SHOULD be done.

We have no choice at this point, remove zero tolerance, and kick the can. Unfortunate downside is it likely removes any motivation to truly fix things.

Edited by Zguy28

3 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

If the Dem's cave to the heartstring-based pressure and fund the Wall, you will have a second Trump term. He is forcing them into a corner where soon they will either give him anything to make it stop or sacrifice these children and their parents in the stand against him. It really may be a no win situation for the Democrats. What seems like the lesser of two evils now (the Wall), may be bigger evil in the long run, since it will further a 2020 repeat.

We have no choice at this point, remove zero tolerance, and kick the can. Unfortunate downside is it likely removes any motivation to truly fix things.

So we remove zero tolerance, what then happens to the people?  And the future people?

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

When is Mexico gonna pay for the wall?

They won't have to... at least initially. First the Dem's may cave on it. Then Trump will target Mexico with something like "help pay for it or we will dump 5 million illegals over the border. Have fun." God, this is disgusting.