Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Didnt stop him from the Obamacare boondoggle.  But I do agree with you that we know how it would have gone.  It would have passed, and the Dems would have gotten slaughtered at the polls worse than they did over the last decade.  So I totally agree that the Dems decided that the political risk wasnt worth doing anything.

You certainly missed the point. Which doesn't surprise me at all. Nor does it surprise me that @tshile liked your post since he claims to be some independent, middle of the road person which we all know is bull****.  

Edited by Hersh
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

our government is corrupt sure, so is every government....but if every government is corrupt it doesn't explain why mexico fails as a nation

granted I did read some crazy thing about how 20-30 people running for government offices in mexico had been executed this year or something insane like that

Is our end game to send military down there to take out these drug cartels?

1.  Immigration of Mexican citizenry is down.  I’d wager a considerable majority of these caged children are citizens of various Central American countries not named Mexico.

2.  With the exception of a few challenged areas, Mexico as a whole is a very nice country albeit considerably poorer than the US.  Plus, no school shootings...which is nice!!

3.  Mexican cartels are overwhelmingly funded by white Americans purchasing drugs.  Wanna cripple the cartels?  Arrest and prosecute suburban whites with the same vigor we pursue urban blacks/Latinos.  Problem solved.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

yeah, so whats stopping them. I know these guys can build stuff and are hard workers.

Why wont their country get off the ground and prosper

All countries are developing, even if it is slowly.  Eventually, most countries will be as developed as Europe.  That's my belief.

Mexico is more developed than some countries in Europe.  I am looking at the per capita GDP, and it is at 8k, which is not too bad.  12k is considered developed I believe.  It is getting there.  Immigration from Mexico has slowed down.  The majority of migrants coming to the US are from other poorer countries who take the Mexico route.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

1.  Immigration of Mexican citizenry is down.  I’d wager a considerable majority of these caged children are citizens of various Central American countries not named Mexico.

2.  With the exception of a few challenged areas, Mexico as a whole is a very nice country albeit considerably poorer than the US.  Plus, no school shootings...which is nice!!

3.  Mexican cartels are overwhelmingly funded by white Americans purchasing drugs.  Wanna cripple the cartels?  Arrest and prosecute suburban whites with the same vigor we pursue urban blacks/Latinos.  Problem solved.

except for the whole executing the politicians thing

Ill agree with you about the suburban whites purchasing the drugs to use, but law enforcement deems it a better tactic to go after the dealers....its a living.

legalize and let nature take its course (though I think opiods would be the death of everything human if they were legal)

Edited by Gibbit

19 minutes ago, Hersh said:

You certainly missed the point. Which doesn't surprise me at all. Nor does it surprise me that @tshile liked your post since he claims to be some independent, middle of the road person which we all know is bull****.  

You forgot to call him a nazi. 

• Haha 2

I agree with @Gibbit on this one.  It’s been a long held belief of mine that if you’re going to solve the illegal immigration problem then you have to start with Mexico.  Help make Mexico a desirable place for people to seek asylum.  Then work on the rest of Central America.

For too long, this country has cast off its neighbors to the south (and now to the north with Trump).  We need to revisit the Monroe Doctrine as it pertains to our own country’s interest.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dan T. said:

As told to Texas Monthly by the director of immigration nonprofit:

In other cases, we see no communication that the parent knows that their child is to be taken away. Instead, the officers say, “I’m going to take your child to get bathed.” That’s one we see again and again. “Your child needs to come with me for a bath.” The child goes off, and in a half an hour, twenty minutes, the parent inquires, “Where is my five-year-old?” “Where’s my seven-year-old?” “This is a long bath.” And they say, “You won’t be seeing your child again.”

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/whats-really-happening-asylum-seeking-families-separated/

this is horrifying,  as a nation we should do better.  

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

This appears to be devolving into a “which party is worse?” thread.

It’s the GOP. Now back to the topic...

More like the dems get super butt hurt when someone suggests their party has contributed to a bad situation. 

Ie: every political thread here 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

I'm sure people can point back to their outrage over the past decade when kids were detained like this right?

They weren't. 

But keep pushing that false narrative, so you can try to defend a Trump action which even Trump wants to deny responsibility for. (While still wanting his base to give him credit for). 

4 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Several avenues to get into this country legally. 

Trump is not stopping that. 

Yes, he is. Every chance he gets, every excuse he can come up with. Including several that have been ruled unconstitutional. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

These people entered the country illegally... I certainly don’t like seeing this happen, but are we supposed to pretend like they are here legally?

No, you don’t have to pretend. Most of them are people fleeing horrible conditions who are committing misdemeanors at worst or seeking amnesty at best. 

That shouldnt be enough of a disqualifier to lend them some human decency and keep their children from being separated and put in cages, don’t you think?

What are you even trying to imply with your comment?

We still haven’t gotten any visual evidence of the state of the girls and toddlers. I saw something where the media requested photos and were given pictures from a previous year. The fact that they are doing something like that worries the **** out of me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

. I saw something where the media requested photos and were given pictures from a previous year. The fact that they are doing something like that worries the **** out of me. 

Where did you see that?

the internet?

twitter?

19 minutes ago, tshile said:

More like the dems get super butt hurt when someone suggests their party has contributed to a bad situation. 

Ie: every political thread here 

As someone who doesn’t give a rats ass about either party (except that one is actively engaged in attempting to destroy our country and must be stopped), I would say that neither side has a monopoly on butthurt.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

yet he knew they were from 2016 somehow?  had that proof that they were ****ing him and said naw…..:hitfan:

this social media government is the end of the world

Edited by Gibbit