Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

5 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Security film on any glass (delays them breaking through), more locked doors requiring keycard access, requiring additional emergency exits that are wired for alarm be installed, install cameras to monitor all points of ingress/egress from your building/office, implement active shooter/shelter in place training (yes, employees will think it is corny).  Other than that, there really isn't much you can do without working in a fortified bunker...

Yea I just scheduled for a guy to come in and look at the glass panes we have (its sick how much this is going to cost but hey - safety first. I didnt even think about the alarm door thing though. Thats actually a really good idea. We are scheduled for training too and I dont really care if its corny. It wont be corny when that fight or flight kicks in. 

Thanks for this! It helps. Good tips here. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Yea I just scheduled for a guy to come in and look at the glass panes we have (its sick how much this is going to cost but hey - safety first. I didnt even think about the alarm door thing though. Thats actually a really good idea. We are scheduled for training too and I dont really care if its corny. It wont be corny when that fight or flight kicks in. 

Thanks for this! It helps. Good tips here. 

No worries. ****s scary, gotta be safe...

46 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Workplace shootouts. Sounds fun. 

Part of my job now is to figure out how to protect us from **** like this but make no visible changes to the amount of security present. No idea how to do this. 

Knockout gas system....Russian endorsed.

• Like 1

Went to the Hampton Roads gun show yesterday.  Two things i noticed.  One,  way more people walking around with guns for private sale than i have seen elsewhere. Two, the police were there offering background checks for $2. They had a big sign that said they weren't required but being offered for people that wanted to verify they were selling to someone legal. Said they took about 15 minutes. The line was super long for it.  Amazing what people will do if you just make it cheap and convenient. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Two, the police were there offering background checks for $2. They had a big sign that said they weren't required but being offered for people that wanted to verify they were selling to someone legal. Said they took about 15 minutes. The line was super long for it.  Amazing what people will do if you just make it cheap and convenient. 

you mean they weren't all just a bunch of rednecks that think everyone should have a gun because 'merica ?

hmmm...

;)

Witness to a killing: Rochester teen said 'I dare you,' and fellow motorist pulled trigger

A Rochester teen dared an armed man to shoot him after the two were involved in a minor collision, according to a friend who was in the teen's car and saw the fatal shooting.

Muhammed Rahim, 17, of Rochester, was shot and killed about 8:20 a.m. Sunday at East River Road and 31st Street NE. A 25-year-old Rochester man with a permit to carry a firearm was arrested and remains jailed on suspicion of second-degree murder. The man, who has not been charged, told police that he was acting in self-defense.

Two of the three passengers with Rahim gave on-camera interviews at the scene to KTTC-TV in Rochester and detailed how the confrontation between the two drivers played out.

"[Rahim] got out and confronted him," said Noah Dukart. "The guy who we hit wanted to fight. My friend got in his face, and then the guy we hit pulled a gun out, and then my friend said, 'I dare you,' and he shot him right in the heart, and I watched him bleed out."

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...

This just in, thousands of people a year are too stupid to realize you can't bring a gun through airport security...

TSA finds record 3,957 guns at airport checkpoints in 2017

WASHINGTON — The Transportation Security Administration found a record 3,957 guns at airport checkpoints last year, a nearly 17% increase from the previous year.

Among that average of more than 10 firearms found each day, 84% or 3,324 were loaded, according to TSA. The total compares to 3,391 guns found in 2016.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, China said:

This just in, thousands of people a year are too stupid to realize you can't bring a gun through airport security...

TSA finds record 3,957 guns at airport checkpoints in 2017

Wanna be really scared?  I recall reading somewhere that TSA regularly tests their security, by sending people with simulated weapons through airport security.  And that something like 90% of them get through.  

Fox (Local): Minneapolis airport fails 95 percent of security tests, sources say

Newsweek: TSA FAILS TO SPOT WEAPONS MORE THAN HALF THE TIME

Airport screeners working for the “badly” run Transportation Security Administration (TSA) reportedly failed to detect weapons more than 70 percent of the time in undercover tests — but that massive failure rate is actually an improvement from a similar test two years ago.

Undercover investigators were able to smuggle mock knives, guns and explosives through airport checkpoints earlier this year, and succeeded far more often than they failed. But at least airport security is improving— slightly. When investigators did the same thing two years earlier, TSA equipment and personnel failed 95 percent of the time, prompting major changes in the agency, the training academy for screening officers and in updated procedures so that security could be more thorough.

So, this is how many guns they caught.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, LD0506 said:

One of the big lies in this country is "Everyone's entitled to their opinion". This is bull****, if you don't know what the **** you're talking about it isn't an opinion, it's a bias.

What he said.........

(yes I am at sea and I waited like two hours for the page to load just so I could quote this here.  Sue me.)

After Texas massacre, military rushed to add more than 4,000 to gun ban list

(CNN)Since an ex-US airman shot more than two dozen people in a Texas church in November, the US military has added more than 4,000 names to the nation's list of dishonorably discharged military personnel banned from owning firearms -- a sign of what has been a massive hole in the nation's gun buying background check system.

The gunman in the Sutherland Springs massacre had been kicked out of the military for assaulting his wife. By federal law, that should have prevented the shooter from purchasing his semiautomatic rifle, but the US Air Force later admitted it had not submitted his records to the FBI's background check system.

In the months since, the US Department of Defense has scrambled to ensure all of its branches have properly updated the FBI's system to track personnel kicked out of the military who are barred from owning firearms.

That push, a CNN review has found, has uncovered a backlog so significant that the FBI's tally of dishonorably discharged former service members has ballooned by 4,284 names in just three months, a 38% leap.

The Defense Department has not yet publicly acknowledged that the military has vastly expanded its submissions since the shooting. The belatedly filed reports mean that, for an unknown period, more than 4,000 people had the opportunity to buy guns from dealers while they should have been legally barred from it.

"I'm encouraged that they're trying to hurry up and get through this backlog. But it was a failure of duty and responsibility to not report these people to the federal database. I'm highly disappointed," said US Rep. Scott Taylor (R-Virginia), a former Navy SEAL now working on a bill to improve the background check system.

Click on the link for the full article

14 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Looks like Remington is filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

I found it amusing that once the "scary black Muslim President that wasn't even born here!!" left office sales started to tank. I'm sure it was all just coincidence though....... :eyeroll:

• Like 1

Bumped per @MartinC,  as to keep the other thread on topic...which is technically about Las Vegas...delved into Florida for some reason. 

I feel as if even the folks that are anti-gun...

Many would buy a guy if they knew they would never be available again and they were legal to have. 

I am not saying an AR or the like. 

Sounds like prohibition all over again. Guns will cost at least twice as much and even businesses will break the law to make a profit. 

Edited by Kosher Ham
  • Like 2