Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

Arming teachers will get teachers shot. After Columbine SWAT tactics changed, thry no longer wait to go in, they know the 6 minute rule. A teacher hunting down a shooter is just another shooter in the eyes of SWAT who does not know the details of the shooting. They MUST be treated as a hostile.

Lets revisit the 6 minutes again too, arming teachers we’re asking teachers to go into hunt mode to try and kill an armed and prepared murderer, within the first 6 minutes after shooting begins. So does the teacher/admin carry all the time or do they lock it in a box? Nothing about any of this says shootings will stop.

Not to mention that ALL OF IT is REACTIONARY! How many kids die before a response? This is the biggest single flaw to ANYTHING the Right has to offer, they are completely reactionary...people have to die first before their prevention plan goes into action. And really, how stupid is that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Arming teachers will get teachers shot. After Columbine SWAT tactics changed, thry no longer wait to go in, they know the 6 minute rule. A teacher hunting down a shooter is just another shooter in the eyes of SWAT who does not know the details of the shooting. They MUST be treated as a hostile.

Lets revisit the 6 minutes again too, arming teachers we’re asking teachers to go into hunt mode to try and kill an armed and prepared murderer, within the first 6 minutes after shooting begins. So does the teacher/admin carry all the time or do they lock it in a box? Nothing about any of this says shootings will stop.

Not to mention that ALL OF IT is REACTIONARY! How many kids die before a response? This is the biggest single flaw to ANYTHING the Right has to offer, they are completely reactionary...people have to die first before their prevention plan goes into action. And really, how stupid is that?

These jerks wont even give teachers money for paint and pencils or printer toner, yet want to provide guns for them.

It says it all about America. Its a country that is over.

Shoot, I saw Bobby Seale, Co-Founder of the Black Panther Party, speak a few weeks ago. In California, there was no law that prohibited a person to openly carry a gun on state grounds. They walked into the California State Capitol Building in 1967 with their rifles out in the open, and that scared Gov. Ronald Reagan and those clowns in the California legislature so much that they passed a law banning guns on state grounds, WITH THE HELP OF THE NRA

Maybe thats what it will take. Jameel carrying an assault rifle and murdering white children, or Ahmed doing the same.

21 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

These jerks wont even give teachers money for paint and pencils or printer toner, yet want to provide guns for them.

It says it all about America. Its a country that is over.

Yeah the whole concept of arming teachers is stupid and impractical.  Anyone advancing that hasn't thought it through at all because there are hundred reasons it won't work or be effective.

At most states will pass laws allowing teachers to carry, which will result in probably about 5% of teachers actually having firearms and the whole thing not doing anything preventative.

On 2/13/2018 at 9:15 AM, LD0506 said:

I found it amusing that once the "scary black Muslim President that wasn't even born here!!" left office sales started to tank. I'm sure it was all just coincidence though....... :eyeroll:

I wondered during the last election what sort of internal anguish gun manufacturers must have been going through. 

On 2/13/2018 at 8:59 AM, Zguy28 said:

Looks like Remington is filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Good riddance.  Those jackasses should go out of business.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/popular-remington-700-rifle-linked-to-potentially-deadly-defects/

For years, despite the videos, and testing hundreds of rifles sent to the company, Remington typically marked complaints “could not duplicate” and filed them in a database. And regulators couldn’t do anything because their hands are tied: the government is allowed to recall toy guns, but not real ones.

Robert Chaffin: In the world of firearms there is no such thing as a consumer product agency that can force any firearms makers to recall the gun. Does not exist.

Lesley Stahl: ‘Cause of the Second Amendment, correct?

Robert Chaffin: Well, the right to bear arms, yes. Any recall has to be voluntary.

So the government can recall a toy gun, but not a real one

We've lost our damn minds.

• Like 1

I am heartened to see these young people from Parkland speaking out so forcefully, but my cynicism won't let me believe it will make a difference. Politicians knowingly take money stained with blood of children, they won't hear any of it. It's just good business.

4 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I am heartened to see these young people from Parkland speaking out so forcefully, but my cynicism won't let me believe it will make a difference. Politicians knowingly take money stained with blood of children, they won't hear any of it. It's just good business.

Short term, yeah I'm a cynic too.  But long term, hopefully enough of the population will see the light.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Shoot, I saw Bobby Seale, Co-Founder of the Black Panther Party, speak a few weeks ago. In California, there was no law that prohibited a person to openly carry a gun on state grounds. They walked into the California State Capitol Building in 1967 with their rifles out in the open, and that scared Gov. Ronald Reagan and those clowns in the California legislature so much that they passed a law banning guns on state grounds, WITH THE HELP OF THE NRA

Maybe thats what it will take. Jameel carrying an assault rifle and murdering white children, or Ahmed doing the same.

I remember seeing that in the PBS documentary about the Black Panthers.  Highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it.

Real gun reform won't happen until Dems get back White House and Congress, I really believe that now.  NRA has too much influence on campaigns and republican candidates can't turn the money down in fear of losing out on more then just that.  Only way that we're going to get GOP to support certain laws it will be after they are enacted and its not politically viable to try to get them repealed.

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Nothing happened after Orlando and San Bernardino mass shootings, both which were committed by Muslim, brown men.

The NRA and the gun loving sociopaths in this country truly do not give a ****.

Edited by No Excuses

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Real gun reform won't happen until Dems get back White House and Congress, I really believe that now.  NRA has too much influence on campaigns and republican candidates can't turn the money down in fear of losing out on more then just that.  Only way that we're going to get GOP to support certain laws it will be after they are enacted and its not politically viable to try to get them repealed.

It’s not just their money GOP candidates fear losing (though I’m sure they do fear that) it’s the votes of their members. 

Not or sure how many GOP candidates could get elected (or even selected to run) if they came out as pro gun control.

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

It’s not just their money GOP candidates fear losing (though I’m sure they do fear that) it’s the votes of their members. 

Not or sure how many GOP candidates could get elected (or even selected to run) if they came out as pro gun control.

Always wondered how much of an effect that would actually end up being. 63 Million for Trump, 66 Million for Hillary, 5 million NRA members.