Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fear the Walking Dead -Season 1

HogNose

I was just thinking earlier today they should do a different cast every season. Kind of like American Horror story, but with different actors. That way the story always stays fresh. Maybe it doesn't need to always be when the outbreak first happens, but keeping the story short could allow them to potentially murk the entire cast and make it feel very real and intense. 

I have this wish that FTWD would go the route of True Detective. Different story/location/cast every season.

The following a single group around thing has obviously been done with TWD. I feel like they could do a lot with showing whats happening during the outbreak in different parts of the country, with a different group of people every season.

Copy cat! Lol

I maybe changed my mind now though. I'm really into these characters already. Kinda want to see them survive for a while.

Poor T-dog wouldn't stand a chance in FTWD.  I haven't checked myself to verify, but just read a funny comment on another forum that said the only three people to die in the show so far that actually had speaking roles were blacks.  drug dealer, the boyfriend (he was bit so he'll be dead soon), and principal Obama.  lol.  

Poor T-dog wouldn't stand a chance in FTWD. I haven't checked myself to verify, but just read a funny comment on another forum that said the only three people to die in the show so far that actually had speaking roles were blacks. drug dealer, the boyfriend (he was bit so he'll be dead soon), and principal Obama. lol.

The mother from across the street I believe got bit at the end

I think its moving so slow -and makes no sense - 

there is no internet in this world apparently because very few are discussing it online (other then 1 random video?).

1 min there is major traffic as he tries to get to his ex wifes place - then they get to the middle of a protest to find his son in a matter of mins.

Something I hate on ALL TV these days - the scene where a main character calls a love one to warn them of danger and the loved one see the call and ignores it and the main character goes "hes not picking up!"

Um - How come they never do what everyone does in real life after  a phone goes to voice mail....send a text....

The student breaks into the school (with his backpack?) because he knows the end of the world is coming. He is coming to stock pile food knowing this could be his last chance.  Then he is confronted with "one of them" (So he knows sorrta whats happening).  they kill the zombie - then...LEAVE WITHOUT THE FOOD!! I mean - jesus why did you even bother coming to the school in the 1st place!

And the girl with party -smaller but this is all the same day where school got out early, they killed the drug dealer  /zombie, girl went to BF's house.....

And a 9 year old was having a birthday party?  In the middle of a school day?  Sweetie -No one was coming either way!

I know - all small things - but when there are enough small things that make no sense I lose my suspension of disbelief.  

Watching on Amazon Prime, bought the season...yay me!

Loving these first two episodes for all of the reasons expressed so far.

1) The slow pacing and no herds of zombies, but the random emo walker who strolls into the police controlled area and is quickly dropped by the officer sparking the full on riot, thus adding to the confusion and chaos which keeps people uninformed allowing it to spread faster.

2) I love how they show parts of the city blacking out etc giving you the idea that these isolated events are happening throughout the city with increasing frequency.

3) I love having the extra knowledge and waiting for the characters to figure it out as they go.

4) I love watching the characters make the "hard choices" early, so self preservation is paramount early and the mom lets the neighbor's wife go down without attempting a rescue. Moral dilemmas and conflict

5) I love that the main characters aren't goody-two-shoes, mom steals drugs from the school to help her son who is going through withdrawal.

6) Sister and brother having a very strained relationship

7) Police know something is different but aren't saying, thus blowing up the hype and anger.

Concerns: and I'm sure they are addressed, I hope they don't blow this up too fast. Pace it out, string this thing along and let's watch the world go to hell in over a season or two before we are in a parallel to TWD. Once that happens I don't know how they stay away from simply retreading over TWD's footsteps.

So when they showed Tobias' failed attempt at stabbing the principal in the head, I guess the weapon of choice in the early days of the ZA would be a baseball bat or a crow bar?

blunt > sharp at this point 

and he seemed pretty strong,too...I guess as his muscles are all still intact and fresh.  woudln't wanna get to close to one of those buggers.

The daughter is the new Carl.

Tdying her damndest to find a way to get everyone killed

Is she trying her damndest to do that, or is it her Parents and brother doing that by not telling her or anyone what they know. Reminds me of Austin Powers II. Powers - My wife tried kill me she was a FEMBOT. His boss - Oh we already knew that.

Is she trying her damndest to do that, or is it her Parents and brother doing that by not telling her or anyone what they know. Reminds me of Austin Powers II. Powers - My wife tried kill me she was a FEMBOT. His boss - Oh we already knew that.

Right, because the words "I'm sorry honey, you need to stay inside because I just saw two people turn into zombies today" sounds completely rational. Remember, we are the one's who have agreed to suspend disbelief, not the characters.

Right, because the words "I'm sorry honey, you need to stay inside because I just saw two people turn into zombies today" sounds completely rational. Remember, we are the one's who have agreed to suspend disbelief, not the characters.

Mom, did ya drop a lot of acid back in the day?

• 2 weeks later...

Loved last night's episode! Very intense in a different way from TWD. They did a great job of building/maintaining some great suspense and intensity. Also, the foil provided by the Hispanic Barber (Salazar?) was really well done. He gets it already--a nice contrast to an early Rick/Shane mindset, juxtaposed to the otherwise ignorant cast.

agreed, great episode.  You're right about the tension/suspense.  Actually seeing civilization collapse in FWTD is a lot more scary and relatable than TWD.  The hospital scene was pretty freaky.  Though there are quite a few walkers now, still seems like there's too much chaos for everyone to fully realize what's happening.  

Loved the scene when Travis took his trash to the curb and his neighbor did too LOL.  Even with everything he's seen in the last 48 hours, Travis is still clinging to some sense of normalcy.  

Also loved the scene when Madison couldn't muster up the heart to kill her neighbor through the fence, and then Daneil (barber) called her weak.  I'm just waiting until his wife dies/walks so HE can have to kill somebody he loves.  of course, I'll eat my words if he blows her head off with the double-barrel LOL.

Yeah, I really liked the episode too.

I thought Salazar was calling Travis weak.  Madison was ready (or at least acted ready) to kill Walker Su-su, and then Travis convinced her not to.  Considering that she's already killed the principal and seen neighbor dude have to get his brains blown out, I think she knew what needed to be done.  I just don't think she wanted to have to do it in front of Travis.  Pretty sure she hasn't told him yet about killing Principal Obama.

Travis might end up making some decisions that get some people killed.

Overall I think they've done a nice job with the series.  Between episodes my wife and I dipped into Z-Nation.  Even that was entertaining, but if you ever feel like TWD or FTWD has sketchy writing or acting, just watch a bit of one of the 2nd-tier zombie shows.

Yeah, I really liked the episode too.

I thought Salazar was calling Travis weak. Madison was ready (or at least acted ready) to kill Walker Su-su, and then Travis convinced her not to. Considering that she's already killed the principal and seen neighbor dude have to get his brains blown out, I think she knew what needed to be done. I just don't think she wanted to have to do it in front of Travis. Pretty sure she hasn't told him yet about killing Principal Obama.

Travis might end up making some decisions that get some people killed.

Overall I think they've done a nice job with the series. Between episodes my wife and I dipped into Z-Nation. Even that was entertaining, but if you ever feel like TWD or FTWD has sketchy writing or acting, just watch a bit of one of the 2nd-tier zombie shows.

I tried watching some of those and man its not very good. Its def on par with the cheesy sci-fi made for tv movies.

Travis needs to toughen up before he gets people killed. He's not even convinced the walkers dead, bruh you go feel for a pulse and let us know how that works out. 

Druggie Depp, Salazar, and Travis' wife are already getting the mindset needed to survive. 

It's setup for the ex-wife to die and snap him out of it.  Which is fine, I, too, am calm with the pace because we usually don't get to see the process of the zombies taking over.  Probably why I didn't get into TWD too much, but haven't missed an episode of this show so far.

Archived