Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fear the Walking Dead -Season 1

HogNose

The problem with this show, is that it is not going to be special. It will follow the same path as most disaster/societal breakdown shows/movies do. What they can strive to do is make this the best version of all of those.

Color me skeptical though

Exactly. I worry about predictability with this one.

I thought it was fine. Did a decent job of capturing the idea that everybody's pretty confused. I'm expecting people to go nuts and panic next episode even if there's not much hard core zombie action.

Apparently FTWD is going to be on Hulu. I hope TWD follows suit, but I doubt it.

Side note, serious question. Do junkies who have been clean for a couple days stagger around like walkers normally, or is that the junkie who's just been in a car accident look? (Or the actor who's trying a bit too hard look?)

Lookin noice too

Dem yoga pants was fitting right around them cheeks. #yeslawd

So we have a young Johnny Depp as the star, a recovering heroin addict.

Right? Very Deppesque. He was pretty strong. They made up for a slow 90 minutes with the final scene. Mom and steppie now know the kid wasn't just trippin' off the yams when talked about the church killings

The drug dealer was dr. dre's little brother in straight outta compton

The problem with this show, is that it is not going to be special. It will follow the same path as most disaster/societal breakdown shows/movies do. What they can strive to do is make this the best version of all of those.

Agree like ****. Dustin Hoffman's "Outbreak" meets "28 Days Later" lol

The challenge for this show is will it be able to captivate an audience that is used to watching the full-on zombie apocalypse on TWD.  The concept is definitely interesting, the pilot was a good watch, but will they be able to find the right balance of letting things develop while still delivering the "zombie goodness" that people are going to want. I am not sure if they can get away with showing 1-2 zombie things a week, eventually they will have to ramp things up, and I have a feeling they already know this and it will be coming sooner then later.

AMC almost did this backwards as I think FTWD would have been a much easier sell if it came out first and then say a couple seasons in, they announced TWD as the companion show, but alas I understand why they went with TWD initially, and of course there would be no FTWD unless TWD was such a huge hit.

So, was that the diner in Pulp Fiction?

Right?!?!?!

And not that it seems like it will matter, but when we caught the principal listening in to classes, could he have by any chance been listening to the main character chick when she talked to the kid about having a Knife?

I loved the eye contact there at the end between knife-wielding kid and main character milf: "Yeah, lady....I had a knife to protect myself from walkers." And she, knowing he was right, just waived lol.

That kid was also important, as he was the only info we got about the outbreak, when he mentioned that "people are killing people" in four other states.

Thanks, Tobias, for moving the plot along for us. Now get on the bus and die like a good little boy

Lincoln-A-Castellanos-will-star-as-Tobia

Archived